User panel stuff on forum
  9 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2017-02-23, 12:19
280 posts

Jan 2015
Hey!

I would like to allow ezQuake to use teamplay $macros such as $ammo and $health in combination with the standard ezQuake say_team commands, such as tp_msgneed. Since these commands are only say_team messages that uses same kind of macros, this shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:

Macros allow you to read and use some game specific data, like your health, status of your connection, your mp3 player volume, console width and other info you can then use for example in your scripts.

There are two types of macros: protected and unprotected.
Protected macros can be used only to format you (team)messages. That means you can only use them in combination with say/say_team/echo/if and some other commands. Macros from that group contain some of your game status.
Unprotected macros can be used in combination with any command you like.

Maybe meag could help me?

Thanks!
dev
2017-02-23, 19:01
Administrator
284 posts

Sep 2015
To clarify, what is being asked for is that the tp_msg* commands are valid in statements like this:

if $ammo < 10 then tp_msgneed

I don't see an immediate problem with that... anyone?
2017-02-24, 19:27
43 posts

Apr 2012
I have no knowledge of the $macros or other teamplay commands of ezQuake and their limitations.
As long as you cant create an auto-reporting config by binding all movement keys to a very complex "+left;$check_all_stuff_and_report"
2017-02-26, 00:56
280 posts

Jan 2015
rio wrote:
I have no knowledge of the $macros or other teamplay commands of ezQuake and their limitations.
As long as you cant create an auto-reporting config by binding all movement keys to a very complex "+left;$check_all_stuff_and_report"

It is already possible to create a very complex communication config that check conditions and report accordingly. Bps has developed a nice one for the qcon 2on2 and I made one for me and gt as well.

What I asked was to let this conditions to be used with standard ezquake team messages, which are the same "advanced config messages" based on conditions but hardcoded on the client source.
dev
2017-03-21, 14:10
280 posts

Jan 2015
So, if this is not going to be implemented for some reason, can someone help me with a teamplay CFG that looks like default ezquake tp messages?

thank.
dev
2017-03-22, 00:20
Administrator
284 posts

Sep 2015
I'm going to add these commands to the allowed list, unless someone can point out something that the commands do that isn't available in a hand-crafted script.

If ezquake is already too permissive with regards scripting & team-binds, I think that's a different issue.
2017-03-29, 14:21
16 posts

Jan 2017
andrestone wrote:
It is already possible to create a very complex communication config that check conditions and report accordingly. Bps has developed a nice one for the qcon 2on2 and I made one for me and gt as well.

Can you please elaborate on this / share it? The discussion in this thread is over my head, but is what you're describing something that somehow reduces the amount of unique binds required for communication?
2017-03-31, 19:30
280 posts

Jan 2015
Absolutely. Check the to macros and conditions operators at ezquake help.
dev
2017-04-02, 17:12
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
I don't understand the problem.

If you set tp_need_* (like tp_need_rockets 5) and have all that set, then you can just use tp_msgneed without a problem.
  9 posts on 1 page  1