2017-01-16, 19:53
4 posts

Jan 2017
Removed.
2017-01-17, 19:03
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
The software linked is actively in violation of the GPL license and thus any discussion of it breaks forum rule §4. Consider yourself warned. This is your one and final warning.

To our users: Beware of using this as it's impossible to inspect and may contain spyware, malware or other malicious code.

/ Quakeworld.nu admins
2017-01-17, 19:42
4 posts

Jan 2017
REMOVED

(Edited 2017-04-01, 00:51)
2017-01-17, 19:59
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
ripednail wrote:
The software contained at removed Is within GPL guidelines and I'm not ready to release the source code because It needs testing and is still being worked on. I've verified the results using KTX only and long term stability and that's mostly why I've released it for public use.

If you take a look at my github updates I have released the source code in full to MEGA TF along with a copy and paste guide to make it much easier to launch a game server to encourage innovation (especially with the extra game CPU power available).

It doesn't matter how you interpret the GPL, you are violating it (a simple inspection of your packages shows clearly that it's a derivative work, it's got mvdsv code/references all over it, surprise surprise). You are violating it by releasing binaries without releasing the source code despite actively being asked for it. Just to clarify, it's not us who chose the GPL license, id Software did.

Up until the point you release the source code it's thus considered warez and not welcome to discuss here.

Do not link to it or discuss it again here until the source code is released or you will get banned.
  4 posts on 1 page  1