User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2016-10-24, 16:26
2 posts

Oct 2016
Hello,

first I hope I post in the right section, sry if not.

I have a week to kill, so I have reinstalled quake and try some trick maps. Im clearly rusty. I feel pathetic when trying my own maps.
I don't feel like my skills are gone, but I always lack speed on the first jumps. I can't do the last jump on ztrain even after thousand attemps.
I watched some demos by bent on ztricks and ztricks2. It seems so easy. So my question is how we do a perfect circle jump, what's wrong with mine ?

Thanks.
2016-10-25, 18:14
60 posts

Nov 2010
Cheers. Well, there's this piece on it: http://wiki.quakeworld.nu/QW_physics_ground
The rest is practice, I suggest you use newhud (scr_newhud 1) and hud_show_speed 1 and just grind the map called ztrain and others. Won't be fun, but it should get you there.
2016-10-26, 00:55
280 posts

Jan 2015
Huntil2 wrote:
Hello,

first I hope I post in the right section, sry if not.

I have a week to kill, so I have reinstalled quake and try some trick maps. Im clearly rusty. I feel pathetic when trying my own maps.
I don't feel like my skills are gone, but I always lack speed on the first jumps. I can't do the last jump on ztrain even after thousand attemps.
I watched some demos by bent on ztricks and ztricks2. It seems so easy. So my question is how we do a perfect circle jump, what's wrong with mine ?

Thanks.

It is easy to learn:

Step 1: Watch those QWD demos where you can see perfect circle jump with hud_keys_show 1, hud_speed_show 1 and demo_slowest. Repeat this step 30 times, so you can memorize the exact sequence of keys pressed and mouse movement.

Step 2: Join a server and try to reproduce what you just watched.

Step 3: Repeat steps 1 and 2 until your take off speed is always at least 480. (take off speed is the speed you got when u press +jump, not landing speed).
dev
2016-10-26, 13:23
29 posts

Aug 2009
Yo, check this out :
Ztricks - Keys Pressing Sequence
Zjumps - Keys Pressing Sequence
Hoppa2 - Keys Pressing Sequence

Especially look into last one (hoppa2) which first jump is pretty difficult to gain proper speed (IMO).
Good Luck !
The Bad Place Addicted.
2016-10-26, 13:57
286 posts

Sep 2012
Nice vids, thanks !
2016-10-28, 10:44
2 posts

Oct 2016
Thank you. I use "hud_speed2_show 1", it helps. But having 480 on take off seems pretty hard to master.
  6 posts on 1 page  1