User panel stuff on forum
  23 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2016-10-17, 21:29
Administrator
822 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
So eb and me are revamping qtv.quakeworld.nu as some might have already noticed.
http://blaps.se/qw/qtv/icons/favicon.png

Implemented:
* New logo/icon/scheme
* More distinguishable which games are running / standby
* Refresh interval is shortened to 10s (was 30s)
* Added levelshots for most missing maps (hi bravado)
* Added new and juicy country flags
* Added qw-network link bar at top
* Added subtle background texture behind logo (experimental)
* Added obituary icon in Atrophy's memory in top right corner
* Added a blink effect to server border during countdown (experimental)

What's next:
* Team scores/names in scoreboard
* Filters/sorting (possibility to show empty servers!)
* Further distinguish servers that has atleast 1 observer, to them with 0

Wishlist:
* Matchtag ("Thunderdome Final", set with /1on1 tag)
* Highlight server (per session) to avoid losing track if resorted
* Rebuild some of the old functionality, like stats, demos, streams page.
* Calendar
* Overhaul of typography to get more of a Q1 feel


Feedback? Comments?

(Edited 2016-10-23, 17:07)
IRC went Discord -> join the chats @ discord.quake.world
2016-10-17, 21:53
Member
285 posts

Registered:
Sep 2012
<3
2016-10-18, 07:12
Member
187 posts

Registered:
Feb 2008
Looks very nice! Maybe replace "missing levelshot" message (can't see it now, no-one's playing atm.) with some default pic?
2016-10-18, 07:58
Member
346 posts

Registered:
Sep 2009
right on!
(QW Nickname: AL.Kernell)
2016-10-18, 10:19
Member
340 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
Looks good but i miss the empty server list
2016-10-18, 10:55
News Writer
825 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
great work... we just need the admin of the "QTV Now" Chrome extension to update it to show the qtv.quakeworld.nu address

edit: i found the email address of the developer of QTV Now and asked him to update it
2016-10-18, 19:25
Member
201 posts

Registered:
Apr 2006
Great job, it's beautiful!
2016-10-18, 22:44
Member
23 posts

Registered:
Jul 2013
Really attractive hub, useful infos and fancy design, it makes me want to play !
2016-10-19, 07:46
Member
13 posts

Registered:
Nov 2015
What a great surprise when I opened QTV )
It looks more modern, very cool, personally I prefer the servers in the middle of the page though.
2016-10-19, 09:01
Member
15 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
Hold your horses, dirtbox, it's not finished yet. I still have to replicate the old API from Atrophy, so that ezquake's /qtv, /find and /find_update commands work again. After that, we should message the developer of the Chrome extension, because he will just need to change the base URL, instead of adapting his code to my current API.



dirtbox wrote:
great work... we just need the admin of the "QTV Now" Chrome extension to update it to show the qtv.quakeworld.nu address

edit: i found the email address of the developer of QTV Now and asked him to update it
2016-10-22, 18:07
Member
29 posts

Registered:
Aug 2009
Hey guys, really nice work!

I can't join a game by pressing "Watch" or "Play" if game is already started dunno why...is it only me?
The Bad Place Addicted.
2016-10-22, 23:00
Member
41 posts

Registered:
Nov 2013
calendar? is that possible?

greetz veRRo
2016-10-23, 07:49
Member
162 posts

Registered:
Apr 2007
anni wrote:
Looks good but i miss the empty server list


me 2!
2016-10-23, 07:51
Member
187 posts

Registered:
Feb 2008
szybkiLOPEZ wrote:
Hey guys, really nice work!

I can't join a game by pressing "Watch" or "Play" if game is already started dunno why...is it only me?


same here, looks like a bug.

The countdown blink effect is eye rape Maybe use some special colour for indicating that the countdown has started?
2016-10-23, 09:18
Administrator
822 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
leopold wrote:
Looks very nice! Maybe replace "missing levelshot" message (can't see it now, no-one's playing atm.) with some default pic?

It IS a picture there, but we wanted it less graphical:
http://blaps.se/qw/qtv/icons/levelshot_missing.jpg

Would you wan't it more graphical?
IRC went Discord -> join the chats @ discord.quake.world
2016-10-23, 09:25
Administrator
822 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
(I keep updating first post with community wishes and changelog updates)
IRC went Discord -> join the chats @ discord.quake.world
2016-10-23, 10:00
Member
187 posts

Registered:
Feb 2008
bps wrote:
leopold wrote:
Looks very nice! Maybe replace "missing levelshot" message (can't see it now, no-one's playing atm.) with some default pic?

It IS a picture there, but we wanted it less graphical:
http://blaps.se/qw/qtv/icons/levelshot_missing.jpg

Would you wan't it more graphical?


I'd say that the average consumer would not be interested in seeing "Missing levelshot" displayed. At least for me that associates with "there's a bug or something going wrong", I'd rather see some default pic with something QW related without any "indication of failure". However others may feel different about it, no big deal anyway.
2016-10-23, 11:21
Member
206 posts

Registered:
Aug 2011
leopold wrote:
bps wrote:
leopold wrote:
Looks very nice! Maybe replace "missing levelshot" message (can't see it now, no-one's playing atm.) with some default pic?

It IS a picture there, but we wanted it less graphical:
http://blaps.se/qw/qtv/icons/levelshot_missing.jpg

Would you wan't it more graphical?


I'd say that the average consumer would not be interested in seeing "Missing levelshot" displayed. At least for me that associates with "there's a bug or something going wrong", I'd rather see some default pic with something QW related without any "indication of failure". However others may feel different about it, no big deal anyway.


+1

Maybe if the mapname contains "slide" or "race" the image could be a slope you slide on, or for race a classical race car flag or something. Categorical images.
carrier has arrived - twitch.tv/carapace_
2016-10-23, 12:57
Member
80 posts

Registered:
Jul 2009
Looks awesome. Great work!
2016-10-23, 14:29
Member
187 posts

Registered:
Feb 2008
the "watch" bug for active games seems to be fixed, awesome!
2016-10-23, 14:40
Member
15 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
Yep, Leo! But you will have to live with the eye rape for now
2016-11-05, 12:13
Member
20 posts

Registered:
Mar 2006
dirtbox wrote:
great work... we just need the admin of the "QTV Now" Chrome extension to update it to show the qtv.quakeworld.nu address

edit: i found the email address of the developer of QTV Now and asked him to update it


I just released an updated version.
Unfortunately i cant seem to upload it to the chrome store at the moment, but its downloadable from https://github.com/lindstrm/qtv-now/releases/latest in the meantime.
2016-11-07, 21:44
News Writer
825 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
delete wrote:
I just released an updated version.
Unfortunately i cant seem to upload it to the chrome store at the moment, but its downloadable from https://github.com/lindstrm/qtv-now/releases/latest in the meantime.

Thanks mate. I didnt even need to download it... I just re-enabled it and it was updated and working again. Thanks!
  23 posts on 1 page  1