User panel stuff on forum
  23 posts on 1 page  1
Salvation Draft League
2016-07-15, 15:22
News Writer
269 posts

Registered:
Feb 2008
I will keep updating this first post as more stuff comes in - it's going to be messy, I wont remove stuff etc..

Hi !

1- Site rehash
Dimman has fixed it - and it should be ready for tournament play. While the signup process will have to be somekind of third party - possibly this forum will suffice?

http://draft.quakeworld.nu/


2- When /draft/games being - schedule
October seems best? or when?

3- People .. find captains/admins/graphics/site-maintenance people and casters would be cute

Streamers::
SDTV,x,x,x

Draft hosts:
(SDTV, QuakePhil),x,x

captains::
Carapace,x,x,x
Interested, but need more scheduling info: BPS, Milton, Rikoll

Admins:
Admins: Mike,x,x,x,x
Tracker: (Helps track down people so they know when to show up) Verro, x,x,x,x

Site guys:
WebMaster:
x,x,x

Some predictions team reviews and whatever else he wants to do:
Hooraytio!

Graphics if needed:
BPS,x,x,

4- rules
The past salvations had rules - http://draft.quakeworld.nu/season3/rules

I'll edit where I think it needs changed, or discussed.

(( original rules inside "(()) "
"Tournament system:
The system will run with a fixed schedule (sunday 18:30 / 20:00 / 21.30 CET)
If a team can not play at the scheduled time, they are at the mercy of their opponents. The game may be rescheduled to another time or day (before next Sunday’s games). Opponents may also take the walkover if they can not agree on a new time. We do encourage flexibility and sportsmanship in this regard." ))

- I propose changing this to if opponents does not show on time, or have NOT given a heads up they need to reschedule before match time: It's automatically a WO.

It clogs the system down with extra work - delaying and annoying the players that do show up on time.
If the casters have a cast planned, advertised and in their schedule they should have the option of going to the next game to cast that instead. Not sitting on twitch saying "Oh I do hope ocoini shows up otherwise we can't play..."

- I think a fixed schedule on sundays are still best.

(( Team Restrictions Player limit of 5 players per team in division 1 and 6 players in division 2.))

-I suggest changing this to 6 players
To try to make it easier for teams to have players with a more rigid matchmaking.

- Depending on number of sign ups and what captains would like to do, I suggest removing div2 entirely, focusing on making the one div work very well - then perhaps for later seasons once everyone are more comfortable with what we are doing, we could expand again.

(( Map pool Claustrophobolis (dm2)
The Abandoned Base (dm3)
Castle of the Damned (e1m2)
))

- I suggest we have the captains vote on if they would like more maps included.

(( Match procedure ))
Comfortable with the procedure - but must remember to modify if we add bigger pool.

(( Allowed clients ))
Ezquake - /w qcon ruleset + a more linux friendly client?

^ 5- and structure of game/league
Ladder into playoff? (eql type)
Maps? }}

6- Specifics around how to get the games played should be something we focus on - so it does not dwindle out.





Kingpin - can we use this forum post to talk about Salvation 2016 organization ? I like talking in the open, as then everyone can give feedback and shoot in ideas.
I suppose this is what we need to figure out:

I hope you still want to run one kp - I think you should be heading it, since you were involved in last one and I'm not super comfortable with not letting everyone play
And for me that is something that struck me the most about previous Salvations- the people left behind. And for a true salvation it seems it is inherently not possible to get around this one.

I'm fairly certain we can get cara, rik, milton, diki, bd, involved.. maybe some more, but I haven't talked to anyone about it.
Cara is listed as an admin of last salvation, perhaps kingpin and cara wants to bump heads together to iron out the rules and structure,check if something needs updating or tweaking from last one? - otherwise I can do it. But you two know more about qw than me.

Then after salvation another allstars hut hut



Righty o' lets do this..!

irc #salvation

(Edited 2016-09-10, 14:24)
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2016-07-15, 15:30
Administrator
2013 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
Site seems almost prepped at draft.quakeworld.nu

Dimman is on honeymoon so not sure he checks forum.

Cheers from mobile
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2016-07-15, 15:39
News Writer
269 posts

Registered:
Feb 2008
hotness, we need to get access to the site then somehow - perhaps a site admin that will be active. I don't know html etc so should'nt be me if it needs tech know how.- maybe dimman will do it once he gets back ? he's reliable and reachable at least.
or if your bored in sa Ake ;D
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2016-07-17, 23:54
News Writer
204 posts

Registered:
Jan 2013
No point running anything till after QCon, so you should have some time to figure this out. Looking forward to it, hope to get drafted!
2016-08-24, 13:25
News Writer
269 posts

Registered:
Feb 2008
Kingpin - READY?!

Problem list:
1. site - Zalon is afk , we might have to move the site?
4. For the draft, it would be nice with a cool production. I need 1 graphic dude, and 1 smacktalkin host (bps and Quakephil available?)
5. It would be cool if SD tv wanted to get involved with casting some of the games, and or darff!
6. Captains:
7. players!
8. strict schedule

jump on in if you want to help run a new one! Preferably we could really use people that were involved in the past ones, to help with setting everything up! + I don't want to run a new one without some kind of blessing or involvement from previous runners
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2016-08-24, 23:20
Member
9 posts

Registered:
Aug 2016
im down to play!
2016-08-25, 12:39
News Writer
618 posts

Registered:
Nov 2008
ocoini wrote:
Kingpin - READY?!

Problem list:
1. site - Zalon is afk , we might have to move the site?
4. For the draft, it would be nice with a cool production. I need 1 graphic dude, and 1 smacktalkin host (bps and Quakephil available?)
5. It would be cool if SD tv wanted to get involved with casting some of the games, and or darff!
6. Captains:
7. players!
8. strict schedule

jump on in if you want to help run a new one! Preferably we could really use people that were involved in the past ones, to help with setting everything up! + I don't want to run a new one without some kind of blessing or involvement from previous runners


Hey,

Zalon isn't AFK. He's just a facebook message away.

sdTV would love to cover as much of this as possible.
2016-08-25, 18:18
News Writer
269 posts

Registered:
Feb 2008
I don't know to many details - but Dimman seems to have asked Zalon about salvation before. And for now I'll just have to assume that he's out of reach for this project, unless he wants to get involved that would of course be welcome.

Nice that SDtv wants to pich in! Maybe not all games have to be streamed, but then you would be free to pick and chose a bit atleast
Would you also like to host the draft itself? It would be fun to let everyone that wants to get involved. Like Quakephil said for another project that he might want to be "toastmaster" when we had a draft earlier, but im not sure why it didn't happen. But this is abit more serius a project this time around, so maybe if they would love to do it it would be fun to let more people in

Hoping we get many captains..!

Hooraytio - do you want to write predictions and admin pitch in with whatever ?
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2016-08-25, 20:01
News Writer
204 posts

Registered:
Jan 2013
This needs to happen!
2016-08-25, 20:35
News Writer
618 posts

Registered:
Nov 2008
ocoini wrote:
I don't know to many details - but Dimman seems to have asked Zalon about salvation before. And for now I'll just have to assume that he's out of reach for this project, unless he wants to get involved that would of course be welcome.

Nice that SDtv wants to pich in! Maybe not all games have to be streamed, but then you would be free to pick and chose a bit atleast
Would you also like to host the draft itself? It would be fun to let everyone that wants to get involved. Like Quakephil said for another project that he might want to be "toastmaster" when we had a draft earlier, but im not sure why it didn't happen. But this is abit more serius a project this time around, so maybe if they would love to do it it would be fun to let more people in

Hoping we get many captains..!

Hooraytio - do you want to write predictions and admin pitch in with whatever ?


I don't mind hosting the draft, but I don't know what software ParadokS used last time (he told me sometime but I don't remember). It was quite perfect for the draft.
2016-08-25, 22:01
Administrator
813 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
Andeh wrote:

I don't mind hosting the draft, but I don't know what software ParadokS used last time (he told me sometime but I don't remember). It was quite perfect for the draft.


Stream from Photoshop, just move around ready graphic with players, ezpz
IRC went Discord -> join the chats @ discord.quake.world
2016-08-26, 10:53
News Writer
618 posts

Registered:
Nov 2008
bps wrote:
Andeh wrote:

I don't mind hosting the draft, but I don't know what software ParadokS used last time (he told me sometime but I don't remember). It was quite perfect for the draft.


Stream from Photoshop, just move around ready graphic with players, ezpz


That's a good idea if we can't get a hold of the software that was used in the past!
2016-08-27, 18:29
News Writer
269 posts

Registered:
Feb 2008
Cute! We assume this is a none-issue for now? and BPS saves us if things go highwire !
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2016-09-01, 08:01
News Writer
269 posts

Registered:
Feb 2008
Spoke with QuakePhil - he would like to be involved as well

We could open signups as soon as site is up and when this is done:
Gatherin captains - but we need to settle on a good date for the draft, and when the games are to be played.

A fixed day of the week, or two?
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2016-09-01, 16:13
Administrator
813 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
Rumours whispers of dimman having access now [to salvation site], no more technical obstacles in our way...
IRC went Discord -> join the chats @ discord.quake.world
2016-09-01, 18:54
News Writer
269 posts

Registered:
Feb 2008
kay, spamming ake to admin webmaster site .. ^^

Unless someone else wants to?

Ake was working on other things so didn't have time for now - we still need a website admin then.. I'll ask around!
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2016-09-05, 22:31
News Writer
243 posts

Registered:
May 2006
What do you think about one-day 4on4 tournament?
2016-09-06, 07:48
News Writer
1257 posts

Registered:
Jun 2007
Sure, I could write some coverage once this is up and running.
2016-09-06, 16:21
News Writer
269 posts

Registered:
Feb 2008
Wonderful Hooraytio!

I've tried before and will try again VVD - its hard getting players
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2016-09-10, 13:58
News Writer
269 posts

Registered:
Feb 2008
I have access to the site right now, dimman has fixed it - I would still like someone to handle the web site part. and get some more admins involved before we open signups.

We need captains! Please scream if you can be captain.
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2016-09-17, 16:23
News Writer
269 posts

Registered:
Feb 2008
If there are no objections, suggestions more volunteers - I'll be moving forward with making a Schedule, and opening player Signups this week.

With the goal of having the draft on the weekend of October 28-30
Consequently games start on the weekend of November 4-6.
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2016-09-19, 23:07
News Writer
204 posts

Registered:
Jan 2013
Go oco!
2016-09-20, 13:48
News Writer
243 posts

Registered:
May 2006
ocoini wrote:
If there are no objections, suggestions more volunteers - I'll be moving forward with making a Schedule, and opening player Signups this week.

With the goal of having the draft on the weekend of October 28-30
Consequently games start on the weekend of November 4-6.

Make it one-day.
  23 posts on 1 page  1