User panel stuff on forum
  10 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2016-05-23, 00:52
News Writer
821 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
I am currently paying for the usa.besmella.com servers hosted by BudgetVM in Los Angeles. I am going to scrap these servers fairly soon so I suggest if anyone uses them then they should replace them.

There are plenty of other servers in the USA so I see no point in continuing to pay for these servers
2016-05-30, 22:49
News Writer
821 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
No one replied. These servers are now dead.
2016-05-31, 05:16
Member
139 posts

Registered:
Sep 2013
Thanks for hosting these servers for as long as you did. They saw a bunch of action this year (/lastscores) including a handful of race world record times (not lost thanks to demos). Its sad to see these go!

Fun fact, I now no longer have a server in which I ping less then 50-60 to! So much for qcon practice. I wonder if they allow cl_delay_packet at qcon. Rules don't seem to say.
2016-05-31, 11:17
Member
256 posts

Registered:
Jan 2015
BogoJoker wrote:
Thanks for hosting these servers for as long as you did. They saw a bunch of action this year (/lastscores) including a handful of race world record times (not lost thanks to demos). Its sad to see these go!

Fun fact, I now no longer have a server in which I ping less then 50-60 to! So much for qcon practice. I wonder if they allow cl_delay_packet at qcon. Rules don't seem to say.


How is your ping to San Francisco? Quake servers still show two servers there! Shouldn't your ping be even lower there than in LA?
dev
2016-06-01, 06:33
Member
139 posts

Registered:
Sep 2013
andrestone wrote:
How is your ping to San Francisco? Quake servers still show two servers there! Shouldn't your ping be even lower there than in LA?


Good to know! I had only seen the sfo proxy in the past. Did something change there recently? That said, everyone that I know of that played at LA would ping a bit more, so we might end up in Dallas. Still, it is good to have a server I can ping low to, to at least experience what it feels like before I'm blindsided at qcon!
2016-06-01, 07:28
Member
247 posts

Registered:
Feb 2006
How's your ping to repos.lax-noc.com? That's the address of a server at Quadranet LA datacenter where Lowendspirit.com rents virtual servers for a few bucks per year. I think mushi has been using Lowendspirit before to host QW servers.
2016-06-01, 23:15
Administrator
1214 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
mli wrote:
How's your ping to repos.lax-noc.com? That's the address of a server at Quadranet LA datacenter where Lowendspirit.com rents virtual servers for a few bucks per year. I think mushi has been using Lowendspirit before to host QW servers.

yep
got one there. besmella la
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2016-06-02, 00:31
News Writer
821 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
BogoJoker wrote:
Thanks for hosting these servers for as long as you did. They saw a bunch of action this year (/lastscores) including a handful of race world record times (not lost thanks to demos). Its sad to see these go!

Fun fact, I now no longer have a server in which I ping less then 50-60 to! So much for qcon practice. I wonder if they allow cl_delay_packet at qcon. Rules don't seem to say.

You can replace this server. Cheaply hosted at BudgetVM. I'll even give you the existing DNS if you want
2016-06-02, 05:24
Member
247 posts

Registered:
Feb 2006
mushi wrote:

yep
got one there. besmella la


Is it down? I can't find it on QS.net.
2016-06-02, 17:25
Administrator
1214 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
mli wrote:
mushi wrote:

yep
got one there. besmella la


Is it down? I can't find it on QS.net.


Apologies on the late reply.
It was down. vps was not booted. its online now.
la.usa.besmella.com 19101 and 19120 (qwfwd)
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
  10 posts on 1 page  1