User panel stuff on forum
  127 posts on 5 pages  First page12345Last page
LAN tournaments
2016-11-06, 06:23
214 posts

Feb 2011
andrestone wrote:
BLOOD_DOG(DP)
When I texted him, asking him when he was arriving in Dallas so I could pick him up in the airport, I felt a little hesitation on his voice. But, then, I insisted and went to the airport to pick him up. It took me a while to understand
[...] to be continued

WTF you left us hanging at the most interesting part! BTW my hesitation was only because I had no problem taking a taxi, I didn't want to trouble you with coming to pick me up

But seriously that's quite some dedication on your part on behalf of the Brazilian players, very inspiring.
2016-11-07, 21:46
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
haha gold.

Dev - you really should post this to your Quakeworld.nu Blog, rather than at the tale end of an old thread

http://www.quakeworld.nu/editblog
2016-11-11, 18:24
214 posts

Feb 2011
Dev where is the update!!! I expect at least 5 long paragraphs about me now, you've had more than enough time.
2016-11-13, 19:25
36 posts

Jan 2007
By missing this QuakeCon I felt like tossing in the trash my 15 years "career" in QW, 10 of these being #1 in Brazil.
Too bad I wasn't young anymore to be part of this amazing chapter in Quake scene. It was great meeting Blood_Dog in Boston tho!

Cyas
doob aka db
a.k.a. oldb | O Clă -6- member & founder
2016-11-14, 04:21
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
ric wrote:
By missing this QuakeCon I felt like tossing in the trash my 15 years "career" in QW, 10 of these being #1 in Brazil.
Too bad I wasn't young anymore to be part of this amazing chapter in Quake scene. It was great meeting Blood_Dog in Boston tho!

Cyas
doob aka db

You can make up for it by attending QHLAN in March 2017 which will actually be a bigger event as far as Quakeworld is concerned compared to that of QuakeCon (there will be way more Quakeworld players).
2016-11-14, 14:46
36 posts

Jan 2007
It's a far dream right now; as a father, husband and family provider is almost impossible do something like this.
And I can't get my vacation from work until July

Besides that, I played for 3 months in 2015 after many years of retirement, and I couldn't reach GT's level on such a small amount of time.
Maybe 6h/day for 6+ months would put me on shape back again, but with my daughter asking me time to watch Peppa Pig with her all the time, it's almost impossible hahaha

Back in the good old days many swedish players kept telling me that I could stay in their homes for QHLANs, but I was so young and had no money for such a expensive trip. But of course I'm still watching demos and following the scene, although Brazil has only one decent player nowadays.
a.k.a. oldb | O Clă -6- member & founder
2016-11-14, 21:41
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
ric wrote:
... but with my daughter asking me time to watch Peppa Pig with her all the time ...

Ha ha, I watch Peppa Pig with my kids too!
  127 posts on 5 pages  First page12345Last page