User panel stuff on forum
  1 post on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2016-01-29, 03:42
4 posts

Jan 2016
I have ways to play quake, that make it more fun, because i still love it, both 1 and 2, but i get bored with just playing it to finish after all these years, sometimes i do speed runs, sometimes i try to time myself on how fast i can find each secret within the level, or sometimes i play challenges i make up. One of them is a challenge i like to call the Tactical Quake Challenge. The goal is to complete the game with the most points if your playing with multiple people, or just complete the game if you are playing alone. Each player has the choice of easy mode, medium mode, or hard mode, Easy mode you start with 200 points and you have less point loss penalties. You lose points for dying, and using life lines. You have 2 life lines, one is a checkpoint, you may choose after you clear a room to make that a new checkpoint by quick saving. In easy it loses you 5 points, in medium 10, and hard 15. The second life line is the choice to keep playing if you take damage by sources other than enemy attack. That means lava, slime, nails, spikes, lava embers, falling damage, or drowning damage, if you choose to take a point mulligan, you will lose the points but continue playing to the end, you may choose to start over as well for no points lost. In easy it's a 1 point loss, in medium a 5 point loss, and hard a 10 point lossyou must never let your points drop to zero at anytime, if you do, it's an instant loss and game over, back to the first episode. Sounds hard as hell, but i love a challenge.
This door is opened elsewhere
  1 post on 1 page  1