User panel stuff on forum
  86 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page
General Discussion
2016-05-23, 08:46
111 posts

Jul 2006
raket wrote:
kingpin wrote:
also, if anyone has the MVD demos from the game would be awesome !

allstar.zip

<3
2016-05-23, 12:02
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Really nice arrangement and surely makes people interested in the game and makes for good social media propaganda.

I think the type of coverage with commentators etc (and early notice that it's happening) makes it more likely for general gaming sites to pick it up, like for example FZ did here and here and here.

Well done Ocoini, Andeh, Jehar, all the awesome players and whoever i might have forgotten!

(Edited 2016-05-23, 12:18)
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2016-05-23, 12:14
223 posts

Aug 2011
Ake Vader wrote:
Really nice arrangement and surely makes people interested in the game and makes for good social media propaganda.

I think the type of coverage with commentators etc (and early notice that it's happening) makes it more likely for general gaming sites to pick it up, like for example FZ did here and here and here.

Well done Ocoini, Andeh, Jehar and whoever i might have forgotten!

The players?!?!
carrier has arrived - twitch.tv/carapace_
2016-05-23, 12:18
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
cara wrote:
Ake Vader wrote:

Well done Ocoini, Andeh, Jehar and whoever i might have forgotten!

The players?!?!

Fixed!
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2016-05-23, 12:54
111 posts

Jul 2006
Ake Vader wrote:

Well done Ocoini, Andeh, Jehar, all the awesome players and whoever i might have forgotten!

damn, fragzone was the first website I ever read and followed when starting my quake career around 1996, playing the allstar game last night got me all nostalgic and quake-y again after not having been so very active the past 6 months (compared to before atleast, I guess)

some nice comments there

so today I read through a lot of the blogs and articles on qw.nu from 2007 - today , checking old clanmatch screenshots and stuff, goosebumps man, goosebumps!

hoping to see another allstar game for this winter , and a new draft/salvation season, as it is like one big mix with very closely matched teams, in my experience atleast.

peace
2016-05-23, 14:25
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Not sure if someone mentioned it, but if you missed it, here's the YouTube VOD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN6s1nh6nV0
2016-05-23, 16:15
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Andeh wrote:

EDIT: It seems YouTube is having some problems with the video (for some reason ends around 2 minutes). There is however a Twitch-highlight for the games as well. You found that here;

https://www.twitch.tv/suddendeathtv/v/68016868
2016-05-23, 17:23
344 posts

Nov 2006
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved. I kinda tuned in by accident. But oh boy, quite some time since I have watched a QW match. It was super fun and exciting to watch. Awesome cast as well. That really was some prime time entertainment for me and reminded me of why I'm still here.. <3
2016-05-23, 19:05
111 posts

Jul 2006
Andeh wrote:
Andeh wrote:

EDIT: It seems YouTube is having some problems with the video (for some reason ends around 2 minutes). There is however a Twitch-highlight for the games as well. You found that here;

yes, we must fix this! i spammed the youtube link all over the net went back today and added the twitch vod and explanation wherever I could, but if re-upload is only solution then that should be done and link updated wherever possible

but the video worked fine on youtube all day today until now....so weird
2016-05-23, 23:09
280 posts

Jan 2015
Thank you ocoini!
dev
2016-05-24, 10:15
111 posts

Jul 2006
Tuna wrote:
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved. I kinda tuned in by accident. But oh boy, quite some time since I have watched a QW match. It was super fun and exciting to watch. Awesome cast as well. That really was some prime time entertainment for me and reminded me of why I'm still here.. <3

awesome

after quakecon the idea is to try to put a real effort in and get more players back to quakeworld and even some new players hopefully, with a new salvation draft being the kickstart! perhaps also a rookie/non-pro draft aswell, we shall see but stay tuned and have a nice summer until then everyone!
2016-05-24, 10:58
Administrator
284 posts

Sep 2015
ocoini wrote:
We had a successful Allstars - Thanks everyone!

Here are the players MM3 - Torrent.

Had a go at making something easier to sync with demo playback:

MP3 versions

Pause demo playback with /cl_demospeed 0 or equivalent
Start demo
Start MP3 - 5 second tone to start
Unpause with /cl_demospeed 1 as soon as tone ends

MM3 should then be roughly in sync with demo (aimed to have start of match at 15 second mark)

If you want to autotrack the same team, don't use the autotrack command, manually set:

/mvd_autotrack 4
/demo_autotrack 0
/mvd_autotrack_lockteam 1

Then manually select a point of view of a player in the team you're listening to. (think this might be a bug, and /demo_autotrack should obey /mvd_autotrack_lockteam - under every rock...)
2016-05-24, 15:41
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
how about uploading a new video with the mm3 instead of commentators ?
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2016-05-24, 17:45
111 posts

Jul 2006
mushi wrote:

Lol, nice idea IMO

i listened to the mm3 and watched the mvds , both teams, fun stuff
2016-05-24, 22:16
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
mushi wrote:

Not a bad idea, though someone else will have to take care of that project.

The original video on YouTube should be working fine now.
2016-05-25, 00:43
111 posts

Jul 2006
Andeh wrote:
mushi wrote:

Not a bad idea, though someone else will have to take care of that project.

The original video on YouTube should be working fine now.

sweet
2016-05-25, 11:05
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Here we go then:
Thanks to d0peskillz for recording casters and he also made a mp3

torrent of caster recording only.:
.wav and .mp3 verisons by d0peskillz
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=77553577235311235864

Here are the players MM3 - Torrent.
Recording by Rikoll, Xantom and Drrake.
(missing one game - impossible to retrieve)
compressed : http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=15888956492665834144

Demos - Raket upload
http://upload.foppa.dk/files/allstar.zip

Meag's demo+Players mm3.
meag wrote:

Had a go at making something easier to sync with demo playback:

MP3 versions

Pause demo playback with /cl_demospeed 0 or equivalent
Start demo
Start MP3 - 5 second tone to start
Unpause with /cl_demospeed 1 as soon as tone ends

MM3 should then be roughly in sync with demo (aimed to have start of match at 15 second mark)

If you want to autotrack the same team, don't use the autotrack command, manually set:

/mvd_autotrack 4
/demo_autotrack 0
/mvd_autotrack_lockteam 1

Then manually select a point of view of a player in the team you're listening to. (think this might be a bug, and /demo_autotrack should obey /mvd_autotrack_lockteam - under every rock...)

And ofcourse Andeh's stream and youtube link:

I'll put it in first post
The torrents wont stay up forever - but ill keep it running for a month or two - so if you're collecting qw stuff - get it while you can, and seed if you can =)

(Edited 2016-05-25, 11:28)
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2016-05-25, 11:24
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
The extra qtv, with added qtv page that d0peskillz and Meag spent considerable time on putting together made this event a lot easier to do - so defiantly something to keep in the back of the head for future events.

Even though it's intended use, to not delay gameplay in qtv; did not see much action - the side effects of easier way to communicate with casters, the personal QTV and the QTV server page for players,casters and me - i'd consider it an innovation =) Bonus is that we now have a good way, that we know works, to broadcast players mm3's for future live broadcasts - of course we will always need someone with technical skills to set up qtv etc
2016-05-28, 18:36
280 posts

Jan 2015
It took me a while to set it up and now I don't have time to do the other maps / teams.

Here is the first:

QW Allstars Game - Milton's Team Voice and POV - dm3
dev
2016-05-29, 01:18
111 posts

Jul 2006
andrestone wrote:
It took me a while to set it up and now I don't have time to do the other maps / teams.

Here is the first:

awesome

looking forward to the other maps aswell!

ocoini wrote:

The torrents wont stay up forever - but ill keep it running for a month or two - so if you're collecting qw stuff - get it while you can, and seed if you can =)

upload to google drive!
2016-05-29, 04:29
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
andrestone wrote:

Here is the first:

nice work, adding to first post once I get home today - can you remove the screen tilting if you do more? Makes me a bit nauseous
2016-06-01, 03:31
280 posts

Jan 2015
2016-06-01, 23:31
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
andrestone wrote:

Nice!
game sounds are too loud. next time lower the game volume a bit so the voice comms can be listened better.
plz
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2016-06-02, 02:06
280 posts

Jan 2015
mushi wrote:
andrestone wrote:

Nice!
game sounds are too loud. next time lower the game volume a bit so the voice comms can be listened better.
plz

I noticed it after 3-4 minutes and lowered the game sound volume
dev
2016-06-15, 08:54
111 posts

Jul 2006
2016-06-17, 16:19
110 posts

Mar 2010
when's #3?!?!?!
  86 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page