User panel stuff on forum
  35 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Off Topic
2016-12-26, 07:47
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
erlend wrote:

After writing the Norwegian quake history I got kinda familiar with the wiki, so I can contribute if needed, but tight schedule nowadays, so only sporadically.

Awesome erlend! Chat me up on Discord and I'll let you in!
Join us on discord.quake.world
2017-01-11, 15:23
46 posts

Jan 2013
Can you make it, so it reads Valdevab and Tsobo, is same guy.
bumper

(Edited 2017-09-20, 20:37)
2017-04-26, 11:28
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
Hi everyone,
I just want to update you on what's going on lately.

Alot of time has been put into polishing and completing the wiki entry for QHLAN2017. It now keeps all scores for every played game in there, aswell as nice brackets and groups.

Many templates had to be made/modified to make it look like it does, but now we are on the road. Next event/tournament/league will be alot easier to get ready and in shorter time. Same goes for backtracking - as I'm working on right now - filling out infos for historical events and players.

We're currently residing on d0peskillz's server until later, when things are ready for us to move in under the quakeworld.nu umbrella.
Yes, it will replace the old wiki.
No, it will not be the exact same url due to 'reasons'.

Help!
Now, we need commited editors to help us fill this beast out.
We need help in many aspects, and on different levels:
* Writers: writing player introductions, tournament summaries and various text. You don’t need to have a PhD to write well!
* Content editors:
overlooking pages to see if they follow the new styles, have the right templates, find and fill in data (you get to be a detective!), adding images, fixing and trixing.
* Template coders: templates are used for everything that is used multiple times. Like, a crosshair-table showing a players crosshair settings. Many we can clone/modify from Liquipedia, but as we go down the road, the need for new ones will eventually emerge.

Currently, since I’m alone in this, I’m doing all of it. Would be SO NICE with someone to collaborate with. Actually, I lied… there’s 7 users on our wiki-discord server (not the same as QuakeWorld-discord). But things hasn’t really started sprouting yet, collectively. I really hope it does soon. And I hope someone with dedication, abit of free time, and a will to help out will join!

PM me on Discord or here if you think you're the one.
2017-04-26, 12:21
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Will the content of the old wiki be automatically converted and compatible (perhaps not perfect layout-wise but at least somewhat) with the new one?
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2017-04-26, 14:29
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
Ake Vader wrote:
Will the content of the old wiki be automatically converted and compatible (perhaps not perfect layout-wise but at least somewhat) with the new one?

Yes. It is already imported (about 12000 pages + images), so we're building on top of that, and touching up the imported content.
  35 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page