User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
Other Tournaments
2015-09-14, 04:42
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Good morning!
The AllStars seems all set and ready to go now, and I'm moving on to the next planning of something.

We are doing one of these when EQL 20 is finishing - you guys can decide what it's going to be.
Sure someone can make a poll for it here if they want, or you can vote here =)

4on4:
1 - A world cup series, with nations vs. nations only.
- With opening for 3on3 mode for nations that are utterly unable of fielding 4.
- Also it will be possible if a nation only has 1 player, to join a neighboring nation I believe would be OK.
2 - A draft.
- Everyone that signs up gets to play.
3 - A clan on clan event.
- where clan less people can join in and be assigned teams.
4 - Another All Stars.
5 - Another All Stars. (Perhaps with a twist, top 10 eql players?) - Call it EQL All Stars perhaps.

The draft, clan v clan and allstars are something we have already done, so it should run smoother this time around. A world cup event is something we haven't had since the late 90'ies i believe?

Most likely we will be running under the refragged.com site (though I havn't looked at it yet/asked ake-.)
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2015-09-14, 09:43
43 posts

Apr 2012
I wanted to start by stating that it's really admirable the work you are doing and organizing these things.
But personally for me however, the focus is now on EQL.
And even though I will probably be interested in whatever it is that you come up with after that. I don't want to put any energy at all into it right now.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you feel that you're not getting the traction you were hoping for, it's probably just because people like me are trying to focus on one thing at the time.

Now on to the topic at hand
I think there's a reason that there hasn't been a nations cup since 2009.
There just aren't enough active great players from a diverse set of countries to form multiple teams.

My suggestion would be a shorter draft, no groups, double-elim bracket, maybe with kenya map(s) to spice it up.
2015-09-14, 17:48
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Totally, its for when EQL is done =)

Yea, I agree with you concerns about the nations cup, it could end up being quite bad and horrible experience - but it could also be a fun experience, not just for the nations with great players in them. I think many would still have fun. But ye, this is unknown, aint afraid of a flop though =)
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2015-10-08, 19:08
18 posts

Feb 2015
4on4:
1 - A world cup series, with nations vs. nations only.
2015-10-19, 07:36
News Writer
283 posts

Jan 2007
World cup series could work if each country has a captain or two, and it's entirely up to them who plays in any given game, how they collect nominations for players, and so on?
2015-10-19, 12:09
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
I remember playing a few nations cup back in the 90s, when the scene was, uhh, bigger. It was 8on8 on Death32c. Video of one of these is on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp6suXGbi4I

I don't see much point in it now, I think we all can predict how Sweden and Finland would rape everyone and meet in the final (much like in the 90s, actually). But I would play for Norway, of course, regardless, I'm D99 so it'll just be business as usual, not sure if Rikoll and Nigve would feel the same way ...

I vote for draft, if you get enough div0 players onboard as captains. Other than that, any activity is good activity!
  6 posts on 1 page  1