User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2015-08-28, 18:46
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
We have run a couple of tournaments now for Sunday Spawnfraggin' - But I would really like a webpage we could use as a base for running things.

Would anyone want to set something like this up for us?

I would like to be able to run ladder and brackets tournaments for 1on1,2on2 and 4on4.

The challonge site for is ok, but it's like... It would be nice if we had something unique!

I would like the site to have a login system, for both players and teams. And a login system that only works for invited players. I would like stats tracking. I would like demo upload feature. I don't feel the need for any comment section as I think qw.nu works perfectly fine - perhaps some integration with the forum? I would like a poll feature that only works for people logged in, and perhaps a way to limit who votes (for the all stars matches). I would like admin features - a site that is point and click for the admins to run, and that is open for anyone to contribute to - so as the next tournament nut that floats in will have an open door for running their own things as long as it does not overlap with another tournament.

I know there are some templates floating around for the qw-scene to use as a base. But I don't really have the web creating skills or the time to set it all up. Also I feel anything I would make would be limited because my basic understanding would make it a poor page. I would like to help QW be more active, but I'm not 15 years old - and the time I would have to spend learning basic things from scratch is time I would rather do for other things.
I want several tournament to be able to be run at the same time from one site. So that there is always something for everyone to play in - no matter if they are in into 4on4,2on2, 1on1 or dmm4, even get the ctf/tf players hanging around into it.

I have several ideas for things I want to run. I want to do more draft type events, I want to do more All Stars, I want to make a World Championship season for nations, I want to run a dmm4 tournament, I want to have more clan vs. clan action when EQL goes on break.

The naming of the site or tournament is totally uninteresting to me, but I think Sunday Spawnfraggin has a nice feel to it and it falls into the old tradition of qw on sundays. - But I'm up for change!
Mainly I would like a site that could be passed on and that has no ownership, apart from only letting friendly people run/help run it; while at the same time there should be a very short way in the door for everyone that wants to contribute =)
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2015-08-29, 18:42
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
Shouldn't you be able to more or less copy the EQL set up with a different skin? Something like spawn.quakeworld.nu etc.? Won't have the ladder thing though...
2015-08-31, 13:58
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
This was kinda the whole point with the Refragged site which supports groups/divisions/single elimination brackets and tournaments are spawned from the web interface ala PHPTourney (instead of having to setup a whole new instance of the site like in the EQL case, that's what Zalon does every season). Site also has demo and frag log upload and uses Johnny's(?) frag log parser like on the EQL site.

Design wise i always had team support in mind but there's still quite a bit to do to get that supported in a proper way unfortunately (team / roster management etc).

If you like i can get you admin access if you're curious to know what the backend looks like.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2015-08-31, 21:52
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Ake Vader wrote:
This was kinda the whole point with the Refragged site which supports groups/divisions/single elimination brackets and tournaments are spawned from the web interface ala PHPTourney (instead of having to setup a whole new instance of the site like in the EQL case, that's what Zalon does every season). Site also has demo and frag log upload and uses Johnny's(?) frag log parser like on the EQL site.

Design wise i always had team support in mind but there's still quite a bit to do to get that supported in a proper way unfortunately (team / roster management etc).

If you like i can get you admin access if you're curious to know what the backend looks like.

I'd be totally willing to run the tournaments i do off refragged.com if that is something your willing to let me do =)
2015-09-01, 08:11
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Gave you admin access so you can check things out. Can have a chat on irc about how things work whenever it suits you.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2015-09-23, 00:34
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
.. continuing from irc chat::
No, i knew you mentioned it in the post =) About team support.

I was trying to find the extent of team support that was added.

So the solution to running a draft from your site is totally fine as your site is right now in my view. As I can handle all game reporting by IRC, like we normally did on other Sunday Spawnfraggin games. And then we have an admin update scores for each team (users accounts). Alternatively have each team captain register their team. I'm totally fine with doing either way.

talk more on irc
  6 posts on 1 page  1