User panel stuff on forum
  83 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page
General Discussion
2015-08-07, 13:42
10 posts

Jul 2015
vb-, no I do not have any backups of anything TGI related. The Challenge-AU TGI page wasn't the official page but to be honest it was much better than mine. Hoony was/is a greater writer than I am and did a better job than I did at recording the TGi history.

dirtbox, sorry that I haven't replied to your e-mails yet. I just moved house but I have them saved in my TGi mail folder and I will get back to you.

flintheart, I haven't decided yet but I see two ways to go about it. Either as a side event of some EU lan event, or just to run it separately here where I live in Thailand. It wouldn't be too hard, just needs a good hotel and a conference room. Quake + Palmtrees isn't a bad combo in my opinion.

ag-sane, there would be no prize money just as there wasn't in the original TGi. But all travel and hotel costs of the invited players will be paid for by me.

Thanks to everyone who is enthusiastic about this and I will try to setup some way to communicate better with anyone who wants to be involved in organizing the event.

I have already spoken to a few people including Griff, who is still in esports and LakermaN as well. But the more the merrier.
2015-08-07, 15:58
176 posts

Mar 2012
yo sounds alright!
what u doing in thailand?
dont think many good quake players will participate just my opinion! but be free to prove me wrong
2015-08-07, 16:00
176 posts

Mar 2012
unless u make some serious price money for old schoolers that have retired to come back in action!
2015-08-07, 16:46
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Adrenalin wrote:
yo sounds alright!
what u doing in thailand?
dont think many good quake players will participate just my opinion! but be free to prove me wrong

If this really happens then why wouldn't the elite of today participate in such an event when it would be all paid for?
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2015-08-07, 17:22
176 posts

Mar 2012
lets see? griffin dag gamer koopa avenger muti buffy rock def mug fucu reppie rock kov milton xali para just to name a couple popped in my head
that wont play! locust locktar might play great! tgi ftw nobody elite atm playing or who? tell me im interested! so whats the point of this tgi? oh why wont they play because they havnt in years and dont care anyore about qw. would be much better going to thailand and rest on the beach!
2015-08-07, 19:50
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Adrenalin wrote:
lets see? griffin dag gamer koopa avenger muti buffy rock def mug fucu reppie rock kov milton xali para just to name a couple popped in my head
that wont play! locust locktar might play great! tgi ftw nobody elite atm playing or who? tell me im interested! so whats the point of this tgi? oh why wont they play because they havnt in years and dont care anyore about qw. would be much better going to thailand and rest on the beach!

Your expectations seem a bit off, even if some of those guys would accept an invite (Dag hasn't played for the last 10 years?) Me myself would probably put up more of a challenge unless they put in an unproportional amount of time to get into shape again, and I suck ass, especially in duel.

It probably wouldn't be as epic as the tournament back in the days simply because the player base is a thousand times smaller, but it still would be a blast, especially if it's 100% settled in time so any underdogs would have time to prepare.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2015-08-07, 21:52
142 posts

Jul 2013
sane nominated by numerous players
2015-08-08, 05:10
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
ag|sane wrote:
sane nominated by numerous players

Lol

So, this thread died or is anything in the makings??
Join us on discord.quake.world
2015-08-08, 09:40
280 posts

Jan 2015
Adrenalin wrote:

AFAIK, this event is about ivinting the today's best duel qw players for a LAN tournament, and have old legends as honorary guests. These are izn0 words.
dev
2015-08-08, 09:47
280 posts

Jan 2015
Ake Vader wrote:
Adrenalin wrote:

Your expectations seem a bit off, even if some of those guys would accept an invite (Dag hasn't played for the last 10 years?) Me myself would probably put up more of a challenge unless they put in an unproportional amount of time to get into shape again, and I suck ass, especially in duel.

It probably wouldn't be as epic as the tournament back in the days simply because the player base is a thousand times smaller, but it still would be a blast, especially if it's 100% settled in time so any underdogs would have time to prepare.

I think that an event like this, about a game that is already 20 years old is even more important than one that happened when it was in the peak of the action. It says a lot by itself.

And it is obvious that the skill level of the active or semi-active players of today is way above the players of the original TGi, and i also dont think that any of the legends of the last decade could beat the todays top5.
dev
2015-08-08, 09:51
280 posts

Jan 2015
List the players you believe that must be invited and could feasibly attend.

Here goes my list:

Bulat
Locktar
Locust
Milton
Rikoll
BLooD_DoG
Bogojoker
Sane
Mur
GT
dev
2015-08-08, 10:06
176 posts

Mar 2012
And it is obvious that the skill level of the active or semi-active players of today is way above the players of the original TGi, and i also dont think that any of the legends of the last decade could beat the todays top5.

ur dead wrong my friend! i have played couple years with nikodemus or reload and they are way back from tgi and they were not as good as me but still better then 99 percent of the ppl playing today. and about the players of last decate if they started again lets say 1 month of training they would ripp ppls heads off and spit them out. who in ur opinion is good atm? nobody in my opinion. lets take locktar he is rusty as fuck and he is prolly the best around nowadays but if u put him up to the legends from the last decade he would not even be top 5. and anyone who disagrees with me has no fucking clue about qw. anderstone u been around for long? dont think so.. so how can u judge?
ps. if u take likes of milton he is just a shadow of himself compared to the milton from 2009 who was a total beast... and btw he wont play that tgi i talked to him he has no interest.
so all im saying is having a tgi is really really pathetic and makes me laff its just past time. but having a lan in thailand everyone can ettend like qhlan and have a duel turney there could be awsome but a TGI??? haahah never!
2015-08-08, 12:57
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
What's your problem Adrenalin? Sounds like you don't want another tournament. If this tgi would happen it would be great for QuakeWorld in general. Nobody cares about who's the 'best player ever', the old guys or the new guys. The old guys aren't here to prove your words so it's all irrelevant either way. So unless you have something good to say, Adrenalin, just piss off and shut up.
2015-08-08, 13:27
280 posts

Jan 2015
Adrenalin wrote:

ur dead wrong my friend! i have played couple years with nikodemus or reload and they are way back from tgi and they were not as good as me but still better then 99 percent of the ppl playing today. and about the players of last decate if they started again lets say 1 month of training they would ripp ppls heads off and spit them out. who in ur opinion is good atm? nobody in my opinion. lets take locktar he is rusty as fuck and he is prolly the best around nowadays but if u put him up to the legends from the last decade he would not even be top 5. and anyone who disagrees with me has no fucking clue about qw. anderstone u been around for long? dont think so.. so how can u judge?
ps. if u take likes of milton he is just a shadow of himself compared to the milton from 2009 who was a total beast... and btw he wont play that tgi i talked to him he has no interest.
so all im saying is having a tgi is really really pathetic and makes me laff its just past time. but having a lan in thailand everyone can ettend like qhlan and have a duel turney there could be awsome but a TGI??? haahah never!

Nostalgia is a ubiquitous human experience that is evoked by particular stimuli under special circumstances and, while it is generally a normal occurrence, pathological forms occur.

Adrenalin,

What me and other good quakeworld active/semi-active people think, in general, is: the best players are, in the first place, people who actually play. How can you deny that talented players like LocKtar or Milton, who have been playing this game for so much more time than the old TGi guys, doesn't have more refined skills? In the other hand, how can you say that Reload is better than Milton if he never played against him or vice-versa? How can you say LocKtar would be raped by dag? You can have your opinion or predictions in everything you want, but don't believe that your opinions and predictions are facts, because these facts never occurred and probably never will.

Besides that, there is a lot of good players around (I made my list). There are people who still never got the chance to play against each other at low pings.

BTW, about Milton's supposed refusal, I am sure that not even the most addicted quakeworld player would join this tournament if he were invited by you, inspired by your ideas.

I played QW between 96 and 2000, and im back for just 8 months.
dev
2015-08-08, 14:00
176 posts

Mar 2012
ur quite funy! ur just making up stuff and putting words in my mouth saying things i never said. u know exactly what i ment but trying to be cute. i dont care what u have to say since i think u have no knowledge about qw at all. but u made my day so its alright
ps dag and locktar have played alot so have the others but u know since u know everything, 96 to 2000? u know ur way around buddy
have a nice day ur pal adrenalin
2015-08-08, 14:19
176 posts

Mar 2012
ur right andeh im sorry!
the tgi final will be netsi v diehuman on dm3
u know i love u diehuman and netsi
no hard feelings andeh and stony i guess if u wonna have the tgi rollin then make it happen! peace
2015-08-08, 20:13
164 posts

Apr 2007
I can smell trolls in here...!
2015-08-08, 22:08
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
seriously, the old legends wouldnt stand a snowballs chance in hell vs the 1on1 stars of today
Chosen
2015-08-08, 22:47
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
Hooraytio wrote:
seriously, the old legends wouldnt stand a snowballs chance in hell vs the 1on1 stars of today

Agreed.
2015-08-09, 15:55
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
The simple fact that most of the 1on1 stars today have played the game 10 years longer than the old stars makes it quite easy to assume that they would win. Easy logic, tbh.

Adre, I don't think a finals would be diehuman vs netsi. More likely would be Milton vs LocKtar or something like that, which would be a final to remember if you ask me. Dag, Griffin, Reppie could absolutely play, but it's not like the tournament falls if they don't. I don't think they would get close to the finals anyways.
2015-08-09, 19:55
176 posts

Mar 2012
ye maybe! fair enuff but i think if griffin came back and played duel for a month dedicated he could put up a good fight vs the likes of milton on tb3
peace
2015-08-09, 22:27
164 posts

Apr 2007
Adrenalin wrote:
ye maybe! fair enuff but i think if griffin came back and played duel for a month dedicated he could put up a good fight vs the likes of milton on tb3
peace

If Griffin played 3-6months nonstop against top 3 1on1, I guess he could give him a fight yes.

But playing playing all other then the best top 3 in the world, he would not stand a chans
2015-08-10, 09:06
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
LocKtar filing his branch pipe @ Dreamhack Winter 2009. [sorry offtopic]
Join us on discord.quake.world
2015-08-10, 09:51
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
Nice that Zack from Big Bang Theory is doing the commentary
Chosen
2015-08-28, 15:28
10 posts

Jul 2015
Adrenaline, you are entitled to your opinion but I feel you are neither properly grasping the reason nor sentiment of organizing this renuion. After all you were not there when it took place.

I do hope you will change your mind before if not after the event is held but luckily we don't need your approval since it everything you have to say appears to be non-constructive for our purposes.
2015-08-28, 15:35
10 posts

Jul 2015
Hooraytio, you are in my opinion right and that's one of the reasons why I feel a reunion is such a lovely plan.

No one expects the old players to play nor win. They are invited as guests. It is just a celebration of this, for me at least, perfect game and the people who love it.

If you (I don't mean you Hooratyio) understands that then you're wasting your time joining in this discussion.

(Edited 2015-08-28, 15:39)
2015-08-28, 15:38
10 posts

Jul 2015
Andrestone, thank you for your useful replies. Send me a message and I will give you my whatsapp/skype so you can give me your suggestions 1on1.
2015-08-28, 15:45
10 posts

Jul 2015
Andeh, thank you for your support.

And Locktar thank you for beating me on DM2. I'm so happy you don't get lost on DM4 anymore and I hope to see you at TGi2.
2015-08-28, 15:49
10 posts

Jul 2015
bps, it is in the making just have patience. I need to meet with people who are still in esports to discuss where and how to do it. I switched to poker over ten years ago.
2015-08-29, 06:38
164 posts

Apr 2007
Izn0 wrote:
Andeh, thank you for your support.

And Locktar thank you for beating me on DM2. I'm so happy you don't get lost on DM4 anymore and I hope to see you at TGi2.

*hugz* I will be there!
  83 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page