User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2015-07-06, 00:16
8 posts

Jun 2015
Hey everyone,

After several hours I finally got my quake server running on my raspberry pi. It defaults to Deathmatch and I was wondering how to set it to 4 player coop. Does anyone know?
2015-07-07, 11:28
343 posts

Feb 2006
/votecoop maybe
ProjectQ1Q3, Frogbot Waypoint and Map Conversion Tutorial @ http://mickkn.mooo.com
2015-07-07, 16:29
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
its rpi or rpi 2?

did you use nQuakesv?
there's some coop mods you can use. if you want regular coop, go with exCoop

hf, questions??
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2015-11-09, 02:22
8 posts

Jun 2015
I have NO idea how to get exCOOP working. I've downloaded it and the readme is incredibly vague:

" -starting up mvdsv on linux:
./mvdsv -d +gamedir coop +exec coop.cfg"

I don't know what this means. Typing this into Terminal doesn't do anything. What am I specifically suppose to do to get it running?

Currently after I enter a game i'm invulnerable and have infinite ammo. I don't know why this is but if "votecoop" it will switch to coop mode and behave normally. If I exit out and rejoin im on the coop map I left off on but now the map had no enemies and i have infinte ammo and infite health again.

How the everloving smeg do I just set up a coop server that works like a coop server?
2015-11-10, 12:52
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
well huh.
that readme is enough for someone who knows how Quake/Quakeworld server works

basically you have to run your server binary with the flag: -gamedir excoop

you can also exec the cfg coop.cfg (hence the +exec coop.cfg), which should be on excoop/ folder

and when you connect to the server, everything should be okay..

i'de recommend you to read some faq's or guides about quake/quakeworld. Lots of them on Steam, online..
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2015-11-10, 14:44
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
It's a little bit vague, however it requires and expects you to have some basic Linux knowledge. After that the only real thing missing is where to put your files, but that should be described in mvdsv package I would recommend taking a small crash course for Linux command line and some basics
  6 posts on 1 page  1