User panel stuff on forum
  15 posts on 1 page  1
Off Topic
2015-06-17, 08:50
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
Hey guys,
Long time no see. I've been afk since March when I became a father to a little boy named Rio. Yes, that is his name - inspired and acknowledged by riosatiy the quaker

Last night I played a few rounds again, and was surprised how it's all still there somehow. Rythm, movement and thinking. Not precision aiming tho
It was a soothing feeling playing again, oh how I've missed it. I sometimes check in on the qtv-site to see who's playing only to get a taste of the sweetness.
It sucks not being able to play anylonger, although the other life outside is awesome in all its other aspects. But QW is incomparably smooth.

So, I just wanted to drop a few lines of nonsense before returning to absenteeism. Take care fellas!
Join us on discord.quake.world
2015-06-17, 12:04
29 posts

Aug 2009
All best for you and your family...GL!
The Bad Place Addicted.
2015-06-17, 13:59
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
bps you need to look at things in a new light and I have some suggestions for you:
  1. QW is dying and your priority should be to save it by dedicating some time every week to playing. It will also satisfy your needs which are not being fulfilled right now.
  2. Kids don't have to stop you from playing Quakeworld. People who are good at QW are generally smart quick thinkers. Rio sounds like he is ready to get his own PC and starting to learn to bunnyhop therefore giving him a headstart in life. You can play more to keep the scene alive long enough for Rio to bring fresh blood to scene when he is ready to start playing Deathmatch.
  3. Hire an (hot young) Au Pair. She can help with other stuff too which will free up your time for QW.
  4. Get Locktar to babysit while you get your QW fix.
  5. I could keep giving you many suggestions which will help solve this. Take it from me, I saw the QW scene die in Australia and then it was gone forever. I am seeing the same thing happen again now in Europe. It is painful. Do you know how hard it is to see something die twice? If I were you i'd be avoiding seeing it die once.

6. <3
2015-06-18, 06:38
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
How is it off topic to miss QW on a QW forum?

Anyways bps, congrats and cya later!
Chosen
2015-06-18, 10:29
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
ses på luftpromenad
2015-06-18, 12:55
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
You need to tell Rio about #qwrookie.
2015-06-19, 10:11
280 posts

Jan 2015
dirtbox wrote:
bps you need to look at things in a new light and I have some suggestions for you:
  1. QW is dying and your priority should be to save it by dedicating some time every week to playing. It will also satisfy your needs which are not being fulfilled right now.
  2. Kids don't have to stop you from playing Quakeworld. People who are good at QW are generally smart quick thinkers. Rio sounds like he is ready to get his own PC and starting to learn to bunnyhop therefore giving him a headstart in life. You can play more to keep the scene alive long enough for Rio to bring fresh blood to scene when he is ready to start playing Deathmatch.
  3. Hire an (hot young) Au Pair. She can help with other stuff too which will free up your time for QW.
  4. Get Locktar to babysit while you get your QW fix.
  5. I could keep giving you many suggestions which will help solve this. Take it from me, I saw the QW scene die in Australia and then it was gone forever. I am seeing the same thing happen again now in Europe. It is painful. Do you know how hard it is to see something die twice? If I were you i'd be avoiding seeing it die once.

6. <3

Cmon. I got a 3 years old daughter and I play everytime i can, sometimes it means everyday, sometimes it means every weekend... But, as dirtbox said, you div0 guys must do something... Im back playing again just for 6 months, after a 14 years break. Its like im back just to see the game die. So frustrating.

When I say div0 guys must be more active is simple. Lots of other div0 or pro guys does the same as you.. Visit the qtv or check the quakeservers.net site, and as your rarely or never see div0 ppl, you dont feel like playing. The same happens with other less skilled players who would like to play with you guys.

So, help saving our game.
dev
2015-06-20, 11:31
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
congrats, bps! i've been afk myself since november, when we got twins (they are not named after qw players, i'm afraid). but after some very busy months, it now looks like it won't be a problem to play some evening qw from time to time (i actually tried two nights ago, we were seven people on foppa, but we never got the eigth player before people got fed up and left). if i can find the time with twins, so can you, so no need to quit qw! things will get a lot less busy for you in about two or three months, trust me, things settle down and rio will start sleeping all night (or close to it).

i have checked qtv regularly these months, though, and it seems acitivty is on an all time low right now? hope things get better with eql after the summer.
2015-06-20, 12:24
626 posts

Jan 2006
I meet bps on the train this thursday <3
2015-06-20, 22:38
News Writer
183 posts

May 2013
Congratulations BPS, so happy for you
2016-01-12, 09:36
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
Fanks guys. What's new?
2016-01-12, 10:54
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
EQL21 is opening signups soon atleast, thats all I know atm.
Chosen
2016-01-12, 11:45
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
ezQuake 3.0 stable release is coming in a near future! (See the other thread for more info)

meag and others have done some nice fixes for mvdsv/ktx, however we're in the works of coordinating the server/mod development a bit. Right now it's a bit confusing with a lot of repositories and inactive project maintainers. Hopefully we'll be able to solve that and make some (controversial?) changes that will boost the number of qw games played

EDIT: I also heard something of a new QW wiki in the works? Hopefully Zalon will get back soon about a new qwnu server!
2016-01-12, 11:47
News Writer
275 posts

May 2006
And this:

4vs4

Link, we are not even oldtimers anymore, we are dinosaurs. - Hooraytio
2016-01-12, 14:32
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
Awesome stuff happening... EQL21 and draft and ExMy = great stuff! Would love to participate. Maybe I rejoin the ranks för EQL25

And I really look forward to Ezq 3.0 stable, also with server fixes = $$$. Love how dimman, meag and others trample on with this and delivers.

I'm lurking in the shadows with the wiki as dimman mentioned. Templates and layouts are mostly done. Next step is to start filling out the new templates with the data from the old wiki, which is alot of hand work and man hours. Andeh already got his hands dirty in this, but quickly ran off to cleaning them So, it's resting for now, but will creep forward soon enough.

Link: nice to see you back!
  15 posts on 1 page  1