User panel stuff on forum
Index  ‹  Transfers  ‹  Hi, I'm new
  7 posts on 1 page  1
Transfers
2015-04-14, 18:51
2 posts

Apr 2015
Hello, I am completely new to the game and thought it might be a good idea to get to know new people so I can find duel partners to practice with. I don't know the skill entry for the different modes yet, but 4on4 is something I would like to get into after I get a hang over the game.

A bit about me: Unlike most people the reason I play Quake-like games today is not because I was here from the beginning. In fact, the reason I play Quake-like is since it was only good games available for Linux back in the day. It started with Cube2: Sauerbraten. After that I started playing Xonotic, then I took a break from that game and tried out CPMA and Warsow. After that I came back to Xonotic and tried get into competitive duel scene, I've never won a tourney but performed fairly well, in the Reversion Cup (the only Xonotic cup ever with price money) I won 10 EUR which was quite fun.

So why am I interested in playing QW? Several reasons. For one I've lost interest in Xonotic, I feel I would have to put a huge effort to even come close to the top players, and I've played the guys in my skill level so many times that I've lost the excitement and new players won't just come any soon.

Another reason is because I got package loss on almost every popular Xonotic server right now, which simply adds to the frustration. There was a clan in Xonotic, smoke, who talked a lot about QW and even ported bloodrun (ztn I believe) to Xonotic. I also dislike railgun and this game lacks one so that is something cool.

So my question is. Any noob clan who need another player?
2015-04-15, 05:49
258 posts

Feb 2006
Hello and welcome to QuakeWorld! If you use IRC join #qwrookie and #quakeworld on QuakeNet. There should be other players who have started QW recently and would like to play.
2015-04-15, 06:30
News Writer
105 posts

Sep 2014
The best thing you can do at the moment in my opinion is join Division 99, IRC @ #div99, they're all really friendly and helpful people, and are also some of the most active players in quakeworld right now, with the whole gamut of skill ranges. They're not so much of a 'noob clan', but are more of a clan whose primary goal is to keep people playing quakeworld, which in turn necessitates their mostly grassroots focus. Check out their forum post HERE
2015-04-15, 08:33
2 posts

Apr 2015
Okey, will get on #qwrookie and #div99 then. I hope not too many people have moved to Reflex. :p
2015-04-15, 09:32
286 posts

Sep 2012
machinexon wrote:
I feel I would have to put a huge effort to even come close to the top players, and I've played the guys in my skill level so many times that I've lost the excitement and new players won't just come any soon

It's exactly the same in qw sadly
2017-02-15, 11:24
1 post

Feb 2017
Hi there and like he said "welcome to he wuake world". ah old game but still awesome. I start playing long time ago. I have finished part 1 and quake 2 as well.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Testa att spela på dagens sida om du vill ha alla de bästa sidorna i Sweden och härliga bonusar.

(Edited 2021-09-05, 09:50)
2017-02-15, 18:41
164 posts

Apr 2007
  7 posts on 1 page  1