2015-02-24, 23:15
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Tournament completed

Supreme Champion: Fraggers United (#fu)
Worthy Adversary: Unload (#unload)
Maybe Next Time: Felia-0200 (#020)
4th place: Division Ninety Nine (#div99)
5th place: Fatal Error (#fatalerror)

Sunday Spawnfraggin #2
http://challonge.com/SunSpawn2
- 4on4 Open tournament Starting on:

At Sunday march 8, 17:00 CET the tournament will begin.
http://calendar.quakeone.net/
All times used here are in CET.

4 teams signed up so far.

No restrictions on who can join (all "divs" ).
If you are in need of a team I'd suggest posting: http://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/11/transfers . Or ask one of the signed clans to join them. If some 'free agents' (clanless) want to play, but don't have a team, I could help with organizing a team for you. Just send me a msg on irc, and ill figure something out.

League system
(Everyone plays one MATCH against everyone else.).
- There will be FIXED opponents that needs to be played in THE ORDER THEY ARE LISTED! No cherry picking clans!
(follow the x vs y team on the site)
- Leading to playoffs (brackets if teams want to). Possibly finals casted by !?)

One MATCH is played as a Best of Three on the maps Dm2,Dm3,E1m2 against one clan.
- Cmd rnd 'Xclan' 'Yclan' command on server decides who picks first map.

General EQL rules, and proper tournament etiquette apply. No Standins. No Fakenicking. No cheating, one player on one clan, Smackdown ruleset, etc, you know the drill...

- There are no restrictions on how many members you can signup for your clan.
- I'd suggest AT LEAST 6 motivated players pr team.

To sign up:
You make a post here or contact a tournament admin on IRC with your teams name; where you include a full listing of all your squad members.

Signup Template:

Clan : XyX - IRC: #clanchannel - Members: Random, Clueless, Gitty, Freckles, Sunshinekills & TwitterSucks.

'Hardcore' rules engaged:

A minimum of TWO MATCHES has to have been played or are about to end each Sunday at 21:00. Or your entire team gets kicked.

All results are expected to be reported BEFORE 21:00
Or you will have to contact an admin explaining why you are delayed.

Idle killer rule:
- Each Sunday at 18:00 cet your team must have four players ready to play. Or your entire team gets kicked.

OFFICIAL LOBBY SERVER @ ffa.besmella.com:27501
(We won't be collecting people from the lobby server, but if your team isn't much on IRC, this could be a good meeting ground!)

* At 18:00 You have a representative in #div99 that tracks down your opponent.
(Or go to their channel).

* At 18:05 You are expected to have eight people actively searching for a fair latency server.

* At 18:15 You are expected to be /readying up and playing on a FAIR latency server.

* When you win/lose your first match, go straight to find your next opponent, and find a new fair server.

* Depending on status of your next ongoing opponent matches, and if they need a 10 min break - expect a little break. But no more than 20 minutes after your opponent finish their last game, or go to an admin and whine.

- Failure to not start the second match or making your opponents wait forever without any good reason, will get your entire team kicked.

None Nazi Clause to Idle killer rule

* AFTER the first Sunday, you have an entire week to play your next two matches.
But BOTH CLANS must agree to a time if you want to play outside of Sundays 18:00. If one clan can only play at Sundays 18:00, they have presidency and you MUST play them on Sunday.

* You are allowed to play more than two matches on Sunday and the rest of the week BUT BE CAREFUL ONLY TO PLAY THE CLANS IN PROPER ORDER AS SHOWN ON SITE (coming).
- If you do play more teams than two teams pr.week. expect that at some point you might have to wait for another clan to finish their games next Sunday if they are only playing on Sundays.

* Admins wont be total douches, and teams should try to work to get the matches played. However It's your own damn responsibility to show up; and we will not have very much patience if one clan makes four other players wait for hours without consent or holds up the tournament.

Tournament admins: ocoini & Qirex & Klice & (You?,x,x,)

extra:

** Some clan hopping and late additions are allowed as long as it is reasonable. But don't abuse it.
Like X team suddenly gets kicked, but two players on X are active and want to play, then they can join team Y. Or player X is miserable playing with team Y, then he can join team X... etc..

This will be a new experimental tournament form, hope you ALL want to try it out, see if we can make it work!
Our last Sunday Spawnfraggin tournament went fairly well for a one-day tournament. It had some problems with activity and idling, + that it took a long time to wrap up, I'm hoping this 'system' can help with that. And I felt abit bad with leaving the better clans out as well!
This will be a very strict tournament rule-wise. But it will ease much of the "wondering: When are going to play?" for the players, they only have to show up at 18:00cet on sundays!.

Bring your QuakeWorld coolness and lets give it a shoot.

Signed so far::
In seeding order:

Fraggers United
Anza, Culkey, Kip, Knave, Hell
#fu
www.fraggersunited.org

Unload
#unload
Badass, Trygve, Norules, Filmnet, Himmu, Goldenhorse, Blood_Dog

Felia-0200
aikon, Lurq, pew, raket, z0det, z0mbie90, znappe, x0rcist

Division Ninety Nine
#div99
ocoini, qirex, diehuman, saka-rauka1, Paniagua, klice, Tsobo, Linkyyy, Verro, Henu.

Fatal Error
#fatalerror
Cosmos, Atrophy, Sae, praxismo, Yamazaki, Maxis, Rasta, p4le, stayout, bogoJoker, dev.

(Edited 2015-03-29, 19:22)
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2015-02-24, 23:54
94 posts

Oct 2011
0200 will be there. Also I think it need more punishing rules
2015-02-25, 00:22
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
Nice initiative! \0/
I can't participate this time. Hopefully enough teams join in.
Join us on discord.quake.world
2015-02-25, 13:09
18 posts

Feb 2015
Who do I pay to get CMT4 onto the maplist? ;>
2015-02-25, 15:39
14 posts

Feb 2007
I'll be whining all match but count me in ocoini
grave
2015-02-25, 16:30
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
We could have 5 maps if people want it. We could have no restrictions at all on maps for that matter if that would make it easier for people to show up.
2015-02-25, 19:09
142 posts

Jul 2013
Can we possibly put in, BDM3/DP4/DP5/THCDM13 in this? I would appreciate it.
Regards.
2015-02-26, 19:33
7 posts

Jan 2007
+1 vote for CMT4
2015-02-27, 13:37
124 posts

Apr 2012
ag|sane wrote:
Can we possibly put in, BDM3/DP4/DP5/THCDM13 in this? I would appreciate it.
Regards.

Please be serious. This is a serious 4on4 Quakeworld tournament.

I will respond kindly this time but this is your final warning, I will not reply to joke comments on QW forums any more after this, only serious comments that deserve a response from Me and the Church.

The maps you listed have some serious flaws:

BDm3 is too small and doesn't have enough ammo
DP4 and DP5 lol nice joke
THCdm13 420blazeit fools

Fight me IRL if you think I'm wrong

callvote map cpm22
2015-02-28, 22:44
News Writer
105 posts

Sep 2014
Clan: Fatal Error
IRC: #fatalerror
members: Cosmos, Atrophy, Sae, praxismo, Yamazaki, Maxis, Rasta
2015-02-28, 23:30
18 posts

Feb 2015
\o/
2015-03-01, 15:19
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
excelente! guys, good job =)
2015-03-01, 19:58
18 posts

Sep 2014
Clan: Felia-0200
IRC: #020
members: aikon, Lurq, pew, raket, z0det, z0mbie90, znappe
2015-03-01, 21:12
News Writer
105 posts

Sep 2014
Just to be clear, there are no upper skill barriers to entry right?
2015-03-02, 01:01
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
praxismo wrote:
Just to be clear, there are no upper skill barriers to entry right?

none, team-up with whom ever you want.

(Edited 2015-03-02, 01:03)
2015-03-02, 01:01
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Comeon guys, tell me what you need to signup and we can try to make it happen!
2015-03-05, 15:54
33 posts

Mar 2006
We are in.

Fraggers United
Anza,Culkey,Kip,Knave,Hell
IRC: #fu
www.fraggersunited.org
2015-03-05, 16:44
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2015-03-06, 11:55
21 posts

Dec 2014

(Edited 2015-07-27, 01:36)
2015-03-06, 17:12
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
Quake ONE Network wrote:
Hi people
I came here because Mushi told me about the event and I've included it in our calendar.quakeONE.net.

Every Google user (100% of us?) will appreciate this Quake Calendar. You can "import" it to your own google calendar and always be up to date with Quake events, on all your devices. I recommend it.
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2015-03-11, 02:36
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
I'm very happy with this structure - I think it's going well. I know we probably missed two potential teams that couldn't commit to showing up on Sundays.

And there was only 4 players missing that made us delayed. 1 from fatal error and 3 from 0200 ? Other than that everyone else were on time.

What do you guys think? Is it annoying to have such strict rules(that I bend)? Is it good to know exact time when you are supposed to play?

PS: It's totally possible to try to play games outside of Sundays!

I'm toying with the idea of making next Sunday Spawnfraggin a draft version - several people have told me they can be captains - but not from the best players. We don't really need captains either do we - we could agree to arrange teams fairly even?
I think a draft isn't really necessary as we have teams of all skill ranges now for people to join. But it could be fun ?
2015-03-11, 11:28
News Writer
105 posts

Sep 2014
ocoini wrote:
I'm very happy with this structure - I think it's going well. I know we probably missed two potential teams that couldn't commit to showing up on Sundays.

And there was only 4 players missing that made us delayed. 1 from fatal error and 3 from 0200 ? Other than that everyone else were on time.

What do you guys think? Is it annoying to have such strict rules(that I bend)? Is it good to know exact time when you are supposed to play?

PS: It's totally possible to try to play games outside of Sundays!

I'm toying with the idea of making next Sunday Spawnfraggin a draft version - several people have told me they can be captains - but not from the best players. We don't really need captains either do we - we could agree to arrange teams fairly even?
I think a draft isn't really necessary as we have teams of all skill ranges now for people to join. But it could be fun ?

I think the rules are good, leave it to the teams to sort their shit out. For fatal error it's just a learning process in finding the most reliable team members that turn up on irc available to play at prearranged times; we had 3 people that let us down on that day.

A draft could be good because it wouldn't rely on people turning up beyond a certain number that would make the tourney viable; you could just draft the people that show up by the curfew time ready to play immediately, so there would be much less delay for the tourney and less energy wasted for you guys running around trying to get people organised.
2015-03-18, 22:45
11 posts

Mar 2015
Sure, sign me up!
2015-03-19, 07:56
News Writer
105 posts

Sep 2014
skulker wrote:
Sure, sign me up!

Wrong thread?

SS3Draft_signup