User panel stuff on forum
  7 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2014-09-02, 11:06
18 posts

Oct 2007
Wondering if there is anywhere to view or download documentation for KTX?

I've setup a server using Amazon AWS in Ireland which I'll be moving over to a French VPS I'm waiting for activation on. Bit of a newb when it comes to Linux and servers but I've managed to use nquakesv (so easy to setup once I figured out how to use the VPS) to setup my server and it's all working fine, however I want to set it up as an FFA server with some custom maps and having trouble figuring out what commands I need to use in a .cfg and also how to exec the .cfg through Linux commands (using Putty)

Thanks
2014-09-02, 11:44
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
You can use nQuakesv (which has mvdsv + ktx) to make a FFA server.

STEP 0
go to nquakesv folder.

STEP 1
NOT NEEDED ANYMORE (JANUARY 2015)

STEP 2
edit port.cfg files
each port represents a game server you can connect to. You can have several ports running on your vps.
edit the port file you want to run your ffa server. for example:
nano /ktx/port1.cfg

And make sure the following lines have the values:
set k_matchless 1 // run ktx as a regular match server or as a matchless (ffa) server (0 = regular, 1 = matchless)
set k_mode 3 // server mode (1 = duel, 2 = team, 3 = ffa, 4 = ctf)

STEP 3 (optional)
if you want to run regular KTX ports, do this for each port:
edit the port files and paste at the end of the file the matchless settings you copied from ktx.cfg

STEP 4
edit the file:
nano /ktx/configs/matchless/default.cfg

set map rotation there

as for VPS, 256mb ram is enough to run a couple of qw servers, qwfwd

make sure you run qwfwd!
have fun!

(Edited 2015-01-09, 16:11)
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2014-09-02, 11:58
18 posts

Oct 2007
Thanks a lot, I'll try it tonight!

Yeah I have got 2 ports running now and I'll enable qwfwd. fraglimit and timelimit are the commands for those? And do I just add those to the port.cfg or matchless/default.cfg?

Not sure how useful the Amazon one will be with it being in Ireland but I have a French one on order with 1gig ram so will have a few ports on that.

Edit: also is there a hoonymode in ktx?

thanks again
2014-09-02, 12:52
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
yea, the irish AWS sucks but there's no harm in having it i guess
me and dirtbox have AWS running in Tokyo, Australia and some dude has one in brazil

k_allowed_free_modes is the line you're looking for to enable hoonymode
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2014-09-02, 15:02
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
mushi wrote:
yea, the irish AWS sucks but there's no harm in having it i guess
me and dirtbox have AWS running in Tokyo, Australia and some dude has one in brazil

k_allowed_free_modes is the line you're looking for to enable hoonymode
We also have one running in San Francisco thanks to Rikoll giving us his AWS account however I am told that at this location it is quite unplayable (even with sub-20ms) so I might move this one soon.
2014-09-03, 11:03
18 posts

Oct 2007
Is Hoonymode a supported mode? Just that I've set k_allowed_free_modes 128 on port 2 but there isn't a .cfg file for this mode I don't think? Just want to be able to set a start map and map rotation. I've looked at a few threads that Phil did but there isn't much info on configuring it.

Other than that got the ffa server up and running no probs =)
2014-09-03, 11:50
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
Yes. it is supported.

But i don't believe hoonymode in qw is a matchless mode. So there's no map rotation. the players just choose the map and type /ready
the specifc hoonymode settings are setup in the console.
  7 posts on 1 page  1