User panel stuff on forum
  203 posts on 7 pages  First page1234567Last page
Client Talk
2015-10-04, 08:47
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
Tuna wrote:

I tried this on OS X El Capitan now. When I hit make from ezquake source dir, it says

E:ezquake-source-master E$ make
WARNING: Couldn't detect ezQuake version.
WARNING: Couldn't detect ezQuake version.
[CC] .ezquake/cmd.o
In file included from cmd.c:26:
In file included from ./quakedef.h:47:
./vid.h:21:10: fatal error: 'SDL2/SDL.h' file not found
#include <SDL2/SDL.h>
^
1 error generated.
make: *** [.ezquake/cmd.o] Error 1
E:ezquake-source-master E$

Any suggestions? Installing brew, running brew doctor and install sdl2... etc went fine.
2015-10-04, 09:01
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
meag wrote:
The following worked for me to get .jpg support back into the Windows build:

6 - Install jpeglib
a) Download http://www.ijg.org/files/jpegsrc.v8d.tar.gz
b) Run C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\msys.bat
c) Go to where you downloaded the file (e.g. "cd /C/Users/Mark/Downloads" )
d) tar -zxvf jpegsrc.v8d.tar.gz
e) cd jpeg-8d
h) ./configure -prefix=/C/mingw
i) make
j) make install

.config changes:
a) Add "CONFIG_JPEG=TRUE" line.
b) Add "-DHAVE_BOOLEAN" to end of CFLAGS= line (otherwise you'll get error about typedef boolean being redefined as int instead of unsigned char)

Had a bit of a nightmare getting this to work as I was following advice to run autoheader... don't, it will remove the fix for Windows systems as the library shares the typename 'boolean' with Windows library functions. Everything will compile but the types will be different sizes when compiling the library and ezquake, and no jpegs for you.

Hopefully this helps the reports of textures not loading.

Let me also just clarify that BD's way of compiling ezQuake is not the "official" way of building windows binaries.

The only "supported" way of building Windows binaries is on Arch Linux using mingw (I'm going to provide the mingw libraries used when I get to that point in the TODO list).
2015-10-04, 11:26
344 posts

Nov 2006
/vid.h:21:10: fatal error: 'SDL2/SDL.h' file not found
#include <SDL2/SDL.h>

That should be

#include <SDL.h>
2015-10-04, 12:46
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
Tuna wrote:
/vid.h:21:10: fatal error: 'SDL2/SDL.h' file not found
#include <SDL2/SDL.h>

That should be

#include <SDL.h>

Ok. How to fix this?
2015-10-04, 13:05
344 posts

Nov 2006
I made a pull request to dimman. In the meantime you can edit vid.h yourself and make the change with any text editor..
2015-10-04, 14:35
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
Tuna wrote:
I made a pull request to dimman. In the meantime you can edit vid.h yourself and make the change with any text editor..

I edited the vid.h and the make command worked (with a lot of warnings, like in OS X Yosemite, but no errors). Thanks! EZQ 3.0 working fine on OS X El Capitan.
2015-10-06, 22:42
245 posts

Jan 2006
@dimman: Would it be possible to have the command _in_windowed_mouse to work again so console doesn't have to be brought down? and some command like _keep_activated 0/1 even if it's not the active program. It would be cool for spectating in a window while doing other things. :p
2015-10-07, 13:52
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
raket wrote:
@dimman: Would it be possible to have the command _in_windowed_mouse to work again so console doesn't have to be brought down? and some command like _keep_activated 0/1 even if it's not the active program. It would be cool for spectating in a window while doing other things. :p

in_grab_windowed_mouse

What do you mean with keep_activated? There is a sys_yieldcpu command, set that to 0 to go with full frame rate when window doesn't have focus.

@Tuna: Merged, thanks. Although the include stuff is confusing because AFAIK the regular SDL is just SDL1 which we don't want to use.

We're currently looking into Unicode support so that cyrillic support works (and others hopefully), but also other keyboard layouts (whatever your system is using).

Stuff is happening with ezQuake!
2015-10-07, 17:50
35 posts

Sep 2015
dimman wrote:

I'd be interested about writing some documentation aimed at new users, mostly about client console commands but also comments about server setup and source code. I'm not an experienced programmer though.
2015-10-08, 02:46
245 posts

Jan 2006
dimman wrote:

in_grab_windowed_mouse <- worked ty.
What do you mean with keep_activated? There is a sys_yieldcpu command, set that to 0 to go with full frame rate when window doesn't have focus.

Silly, ain't working
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKZHbwI9mc4 <- :/ (compiled from latest git)
Feature request! 1) Add command to let sound be there even if not active window! (Doesn't show in window but gamma also changes)

Feature request 2)
ion3sucks wrote:

Could you please add a CVAR that's named something like cl_ion3fix "1" so we can skip this at keys.c, line 2092. if it's set?
[code]
// switch windowed<->fullscreen if pressed alt+enter, I succeed only with left alt, dunno why...
if (key == K_ENTER && keydown[K_ALT] && (key_dest == key_console || key_dest == key_game))
[code]
What's stupid is that ion3/notion actual have alt enter as fullscreen as well (resizing the window to fullscreen).
and when pressing alt enter it actual go fullscreen.
but quake register the keys as well and perform a vid_restart with vid_fullscreen 1.
And yeah, well vid_fullscreen 1 doesn't work with ion3.

I would be very happy if it's fixed!
2015-10-08, 06:36
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
2015-07-06 it sounded alot like:

dimman wrote:
andrestone wrote:
Dimman, how about you release a official beta of ezQuake 3.0?

It seems that a lot of people are already using it.

I don't feel the client is ready for beta in the current state. I'm not sure there's a demand for a new client, seems like the qw scene has died completely this past year unfortunately. If someone wants to continue and finish it somewhat feel free to contact me or do pull requests on github. I don't have time to work on this otherwise, sorry.

Later, in 2015-09-25, it sounded a bit like:
dimman wrote:
I'll see if I can dig up the TODO list for 3.0 to see what I thought was necessary to fix before an official release.

But 2015-10-08 it sounds alot more like:

dimman wrote:

And I'm loving it!
Hitting the forum thrice every day, stoked to find the blasting news of EzQuake 3.0 official release. Billion of creds to you, dimman, and everyone else contributing.
Join us on discord.quake.world
2015-10-08, 06:59
Administrator
284 posts

Sep 2015
raket wrote:

Feature request! 1) Add command to let sound be there even if not active window! (Doesn't show in window but gamma also changes)

Do you have sys_inactivesound set to 1?
To keep the FPS high when not active but still visible, try sys_inactivesleep 0.

(both default the other way)
2015-10-08, 10:08
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
raket wrote:
dimman wrote:

in_grab_windowed_mouse <- worked ty.

Silly, ain't working
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKZHbwI9mc4 <- :/ (compiled from latest git)

Feature request 2)
ion3sucks wrote:

Could you please add a CVAR that's named something like cl_ion3fix "1" so we can skip this at keys.c, line 2092. if it's set?
[code]
// switch windowed<->fullscreen if pressed alt+enter, I succeed only with left alt, dunno why...
if (key == K_ENTER && keydown[K_ALT] && (key_dest == key_console || key_dest == key_game))
[code]
What's stupid is that ion3/notion actual have alt enter as fullscreen as well (resizing the window to fullscreen).
but quake register the keys as well and perform a vid_restart with vid_fullscreen 1.

Ah yeah sorry, as meag says, its sys_inactivesleep 0 not sys_yieldcpu! Should look into if it's better to merge/redo the yieldcpu stuff...

I could add a cvar for that yes. I'll fix it and let you know when it's done.
2015-10-10, 23:00
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
raket wrote:

Feature request 2)

[code]
[code]

sys_disable_alt_enter 1, latest git master.
2015-10-12, 08:48
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
dimman wrote:
[quote="dimman"]What do you want to get fixed to the release? Got any problems with anything? Want to change something? Want to add something? Speak up

* A solution to "wait 2 seconds" when trying to change map (after current map just loaded).

* EzQuake takes VERY long time to launch (first time after boot) on Win7 x64. I suspect it might be because of a cluttered/heavy folder structure (19 409 Files, 514 Folders) but who am I to guess. Sometimes it can take up to a minute to launch. Normally just 20-30 seconds What could cause this?
2015-10-12, 09:12
Administrator
114 posts

Sep 2013
bps wrote:
[...]Normally just 20-30 seconds What could cause this?

Large demos or maps folders. Check this in first place.
play.quake1.pl
2015-10-12, 10:18
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
d2 wrote:
bps wrote:
[...]Normally just 20-30 seconds What could cause this?

Large demos or maps folders. Check this in first place.

Maybe you can find ideas in this old thread.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2015-10-12, 11:11
3 posts

Nov 2006
The nightly build page is now up and running again, can be found here: nightly builds

Only a small gap of 2 years between the current nightly and the one before that
2015-10-12, 12:11
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
localghost wrote:
The nightly build page is now up and running again, can be found here: nightly builds

Nice localghost!

Now that I'm trying around with the latest nighty build, i get this "not implemented" in the console all the time:
http://blaps.se/qw/screenshots/not_implemented.jpg

Anyone know what that could be?
2015-10-12, 12:20
Administrator
284 posts

Sep 2015
bps wrote:

Now that I'm trying around with the latest nighty build, i get this "not implemented" in the console all the time:

Try "m_showrate 0"
2015-10-12, 12:42
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
bps wrote:

* A solution to "wait 2 seconds" when trying to change map (after current map just loaded).
That's the server replying that, not the client unfortunately.
bps wrote:

* EzQuake takes VERY long time to launch (first time after boot) on Win7 x64. I suspect it might be because of a cluttered/heavy folder structure (19 409 Files, 514 Folders) but who am I to guess. Sometimes it can take up to a minute to launch. Normally just 20-30 seconds What could cause this?

Hmm, I'm suspecting the server browser server list file. Just to test, try and move the file out or rename it and then try to start again.

I'm gonna take a look at that too because right now it tries to do hostname lookups in case you have hostnames in the file instead of ip's (and that means if the hostname can't be found, it will hang until it times out, causing delays).
2015-10-12, 13:14
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
localghost wrote:

Only a small gap of 2 years between the current nightly and the one before that

Nice work. I ran around a server for a while and it seems quite solid and smooth.
2015-10-12, 23:08
245 posts

Jan 2006
Would it be possible to have the mouse to work in hud_editor in windowed mode?
menu and console doesn't really matter, but would be nice if it worked in hud_editor at least. .

Thanks for /sys_disable_alt_enter "1", now ezquake 3 is the thing!
2015-10-13, 09:20
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
raket wrote:
Would it be possible to have the mouse to work in hud_editor in windowed mode?
menu and console doesn't really matter, but would be nice if it worked in hud_editor at least. .

Well thats messed up priorities.
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2015-10-13, 13:42
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
bps wrote:
EzQuake takes VERY long time to launch (first time after boot) on Win7 x64.

I have Win7 x64, and EZQ 3.0 only takes a few seconds to launch here. I am using the ...newplayer.exe that Blooddog linked to a few posts back, though, haven't tried the latest nightly build (yet).
2015-10-13, 20:06
28 posts

Jul 2013
bps wrote:
dimman wrote:
[quote="dimman"]What do you want to get fixed to the release? Got any problems with anything? Want to change something? Want to add something? Speak up

I would like to apply color on my numbers for mh / armors like the bar_health/armor system. If its possible ofc, i dont want to be annoying =8]
2015-10-13, 22:28
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Regarding my problems with 24 bit textures not loading in ezQuake 3.0 earlier it seems to be due to the fact my QW install was using jpg textures (probably from a 2-3 years old nQuake installer) and when replacing those with tga textures (which you can get from nQuake installer today for example) it works.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2015-10-14, 08:40
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
Ake Vader wrote:
Regarding my problems with 24 bit textures not loading in ezQuake 3.0 earlier it seems to be due to the fact my QW install was using jpg textures (probably from a 2-3 years old nQuake installer) and when replacing those with tga textures (which you can get from nQuake installer today for example) it works.

Yes however that shouldn't be necessary. The problem is that we're not building with JPEG support and that is a bug from our side. We'll fix it!
2015-10-14, 11:45
3 posts

Nov 2006
dimman wrote:
Ake Vader wrote:

Yes however that shouldn't be necessary. The problem is that we're not building with JPEG support and that is a bug from our side. We'll fix it!

The latest nightly ( http://uttergrottan.localghost.net/ezquake/dev/nightlybuilds/win32/2015-10-13-d2ec3bf-ezquake.7z ) _should_ have jpeg-support enabled.
2015-10-15, 22:42
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
I just pushed Windows libraries for mingw to the ezquake-source repository. To build Windows binaries on Linux should now basically just conclude to:

1) Get mingw32 toolchain (called mingw-w64 on Arch linux for instance) binaries from your distros package manager. I've tested it on Arch and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

2) Clone the ezquake repository from github. Run

$ EZ_CONFIG_FILE=.config_windows make

3) You have your .exe

I think you can simplify your building for Windows on Windows guide a bit now BD
  203 posts on 7 pages  First page1234567Last page