User panel stuff on forum
  4 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2014-01-04, 22:48
2 posts

Jan 2014
I've played these bots since 1998 and have done so for a very long time. I'd like to frag those bots again, however, they don't work with ez/fuhquake. I could use the old Winquake, but this gives my mouse giant acceleration (it's turned off in my OS which is Windows 7). It's also pretty difficult to go back to NQ after getting used to the different (faster) physics of QW. Any suggestions?
2014-01-06, 14:06
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
Frogbots are included with nQuake.

www.nquake.com
2014-01-06, 16:30
22 posts

Jan 2013
Yeah nQuake is the easiest way to get frogbottin'.

And generally speaking, ezQuake + frogbots -- which is what you get with nQuake -- is the easiest way to run some local bots with QW. ezQuake even has a menu option for starting a bot game.

(If you're installing the Frogbot Clan Arena mod yourself, rather than getting it with nQuake, make sure to name its mod folder "fbca" so that the ezQuake menu option will launch it correctly.)

And if you're in the mood for a gigantic info-dump about bots you can check out http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=123626484 Along with installation/setup stuff, that guide also has some possibly useful info about configuring games, and a download link for a map pack that covers almost all of the maps that the frogbot AI knows about.
2014-01-07, 20:37
2 posts

Jan 2014
Thanks a lot guys! That works like a charm. General Failure and dude took a major beating last night!

The Steampage is really nice, too. Looking though it now.
  4 posts on 1 page  1