User panel stuff on forum
  75 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page
General Discussion
2013-12-02, 13:43
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
fed wrote:
the web stream lagged horribly for me (had audio but no video), so I had to close it and tune in on QTV without commentary for the 3rd map

my computer or connection shouldn't be the problem

Either your connection/computer was indeed the problem, or you had some real bad luck with the routing to whichever twitch server you ended up on. The stream didn't drop a single frame the entire cast and it seems nobody else was lagging so you must have been very unlucky. I am sorry you didn't get to watch the stream!

Next time, in case it's lagging for you, I suggest you join the Teamspeak 3 server "persuader.se" where the commentary can be heard. This way, you can watch the game in QTV and listen to the commentary through Teamspeak. However, it'd be nice if you left the stream on for that one additional viewer :-)

I hope you can enjoy it more next time!
2013-12-02, 13:47
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Jissse wrote:
The stream is really good now, commentary is great too.

I just have a few suggestion on graphic stuff :
Maybe the overall scores and the life/armor could be a bit smaller, the screen is a bit crowded by text infos atm.
I wonder if you can get rid of the qtv chat with some commands, it's not really useful.
You might want to use sg/ssg from the pack I use, they're nicer.
You might want to use some skies from this pack too ( dm3 looks really cool with "violentdays" sky).

Those are just tiny adjustments, I hope you keep streaming because it's already great !

Hmm... Thing is, I want those simple things like scores and health/armor to be very dominant. Remember that this is not a playing cfg, this is a streaming cfg and if someone is not watching in fullscreen, things still need to be clear and visible. I agree that it might seem a bit crowded by text, but I think that will change a bit when I fix the r_tracker a bit better. I am not happy with how that looks right now.

The QTV can easily be ignored, but some people have argued that they like to hear/see the QTV spam when a nice play happens. Also it makes it was easier for me to see if there is a problem, as people will be spamming QTV about it. The downside to it is that it's harder to read the teamsays, and some spamming blip-sounds. We'll see what we'll do about that :-)

Haven't seen the packs you mentioned, will take a look!

Thanks!
2013-12-02, 14:04
188 posts

Feb 2008
I think the team overlay that shows which player on the team has RL should be easier to decypher (= bigger
2013-12-02, 15:22
343 posts

Feb 2006
leopold wrote:
I think the team overlay that shows which player on the team has RL should be easier to decypher (= bigger

Indeed.

Very nice evening, Could have been cooler if sd had managed to make it on to 4 or 5 maps so close on E1M2.

How about some Advertising for QW.nu on some of the map textures (like a banner on DM2 big room) ? Or is that out of the question ?
ProjectQ1Q3, Frogbot Waypoint and Map Conversion Tutorial @ http://mickkn.mooo.com
2013-12-02, 15:41
286 posts

Sep 2012
Andeh wrote:
and some spamming blip-sounds. We'll see what we'll do about that :-)!

s_mm2_volume "0"

Mick's idea is also good.
Phex added some textures named "banner.png" or something like that in his last map, so it's easy to replace, but even on old maps it's not hard to replace muh_bad.png by a quakeworld.nu or nquake.com banner !
2013-12-02, 17:40
1100 posts

Jan 2006
I had the same problems like fed. There was also about 10 seconds of lag between the video and audio when it worked iirc.

I would suggest making the team of the current player more prominent. Color the enemies in the team color (maybe). Maybe even have per-player skins for easier recognition?

Minimap would rock.
2013-12-02, 17:45
343 posts

Feb 2006
Spirit wrote:

Minimap would rock.

Big time !
ProjectQ1Q3, Frogbot Waypoint and Map Conversion Tutorial @ http://mickkn.mooo.com
2013-12-02, 17:57
286 posts

Sep 2012
We should make skins with the real faces on them !
Here you go carapace !
2013-12-11, 21:29
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Thank you for today, and sorry about the QTV-lag. Not sure why that happened :-/ Oh well.

VODs between LocKtar and Locust in the duelmania WB finals can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/suddendeathtv/c/3378676
2013-12-18, 20:19
343 posts

Feb 2006
What about a Winner interview right after the match, for the Duelmania final ?
2013-12-18, 20:52
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
I want the config!!!
2013-12-19, 09:40
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
@Mick: That would be interesting indeed... I will consider it. Sometimes it's hard though, because players are generally not too happy about giving interviews in English :-D

@sassa: don't steal the config !!!
2013-12-30, 20:26
20 posts

Nov 2008
My feedback will be about the commentating of the games between Locktar and Locust. I know you're friends with Locktar but you should try to not have bias creeping in to the commentary. It's obviously not present all the time but you can tell sometimes. Locktar gets a frag "nice! nice rocket", Locust gets a frag "nooo..."
As I said, it's not something that always happens but I think it could help to think about.
2013-12-31, 00:17
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
nepra wrote:
My feedback will be about the commentating of the games between Locktar and Locust. I know you're friends with Locktar but you should try to not have bias creeping in to the commentary. It's obviously not present all the time but you can tell sometimes. Locktar gets a frag "nice! nice rocket", Locust gets a frag "nooo..."
As I said, it's not something that always happens but I think it could help to think about.

I appreciate the feedback, but a few points:

* In many of the frags, I also say the same for LocKtar as for Locust. "That's unfortunate for him" is a common phrase used when something wasn't quite pulled off.
* The stream is a SuddendeathTV-stream. This means that it's a stream provided by Suddendeath and myself and since LocKtar is both a friend and a fellow Suddendeath member, I can be biased. It would be different if the stream was a "duelmaniaTV" or "quakeworldTV". It is however, as said, suddendeathTV.

That being said though, I try not to be biased, and I am friends with Locust as well. I wasn't rooting for anyone in particular that game. To be honest I didn't have time to be rooting for anyone, we worked for so many hours to prepare for those finals that I was very hyped and really didn't care who won and who lost.

Hope that cleared a few things!

/andeh
2013-12-31, 07:47
286 posts

Sep 2012
Everyone one was cheering for Locktar anyway, as we all wanted him to win the first bo5, so we could see another one
2014-01-24, 13:05
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
A little update: SuddendeathTV is now partnered with Twitch.tv, which means that you can now choose quality of the stream (you are no longer forced to watch in 1080p 60fps). You can now also watch the stream from your Android/iOS twitch application on basically any mobile device. This means that more people will be able to enjoy the stream, no matter if you have a bad connection or not!

This is a great step for SuddendeathTV and we couldn't be happier!
2014-01-24, 13:21
14 posts

Feb 2007
Andeh wrote:
A little update: SuddendeathTV is now partnered with Twitch.tv, which means that you can now choose quality of the stream (you are no longer forced to watch in 1080p 60fps). You can now also watch the stream from your Android/iOS twitch application on basically any mobile device. This means that more people will be able to enjoy the stream, no matter if you have a bad connection or not!

This is a great step for SuddendeathTV and we couldn't be happier!

so cool!
grave
2014-01-24, 16:13
286 posts

Sep 2012
Great job Andeh !
2014-01-24, 16:16
343 posts

Feb 2006
So awesome
2014-01-24, 18:05
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Thank you, and indeed. It's very cool :-) Now all we need is some content - so please - more tournaments, more teams for EQL, more things to stream and commentate! I need something to cast!

Yours,
andeh
2014-06-03, 20:08
343 posts

Feb 2006
Andeh please use scr_autoid "2" in duels. Very nice to get a glimpse of opponents health in the heat of battle.

And maybe also the hud option to show score difference ?
2014-06-03, 20:33
Administrator
114 posts

Sep 2013
Hey Andeh,

Tune your screen settings to show the other player PoV. It will give a nice view of what's going on on the map and improve your comments for sure.

// backup keyboard bindings
set_bind_str mvdhuddel del

echo "press $[Delete$] to remove 1on1 hud"

bind del "bind del $mvdhuddel; mvd_autohud 0; echo hud removed - use mvd_autohud 1 to turn it back"

cl_multiview 2
cl_mvinset 1
scr_autoid 1
cl_mvinsethud 1

hide group1

and it should look like that:
http://quake.tdhack.com/ezquake008.png

I just want to take this opportunity and thank you for all your efforts on commenting games for us and making awesome highlights. Keep up the good work!
play.quake1.pl
2014-06-04, 09:01
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
@Mick: Hmm... Will consider that. I like the idea of having a very simple setup with not too much info on the screen, as QuakeWorld already is a very fast paced game and sometimes hard to follow for people not used to it. However I guess the healthbar doesn't annoy too much... Will try it and see how it looks, thanks!

@d2: While this is a good idea, and usually very good for QuakeLive and whatnot, I tried it on a demo and wasn't way too pleased. The reasons to that were that first and foremost, the stream is already packed with info, everything from locations (if teamplay) to armor timings, the scoreboard, the SD-TV logo, timer, etc. It's very easy to get TOO much information on the screen. Adding this would force me to change the location of the SD-TV logo, and while that doesn't sound like a big issue - I actually could not find any other spot for it.

The second reason why I disliked this idea was that QuakeWorld is such a fast game. What you ended up seeing was basically the other guy dying all the time and barely any useful information. If we ONLY played dm2 in QuakeWorld, then I would love this idea. I can see it very useful when streaming a dm2 game where perhaps one guy is defensive and the other is not. The other POV would be great for spectators to see the positioning of the players. However, dm2 games are quite rare and only make for like 20% of the games (if even that), so I actually don't see the positives outweighing the negatives. Sorry mate!

I hope I answered some questions and I hope you enjoy the stream!

Andeh,
SuddendeathTV
2014-07-31, 12:52
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
SuddendeathTV has now been added to the ESReality stream list, i.e. it will show up in the right sidebar when you're live.

I also got them to add my own stream. Also Quakephil's stream is on there since before.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2014-07-31, 15:41
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Thank you Ake!
2014-07-31, 16:20
176 posts

Mar 2012
andeh u gotta stream qw u havnt for some while and that makes me sad
2014-07-31, 17:10
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Whenever someone is playing an official game, just let me know the time and place and I will stream and commentate it I hope to catch xterm vs Griffin from the dm2 tourney and any good matches in the dm4 tourney
2014-07-31, 17:15
176 posts

Mar 2012
now thats a plan my man!!!!
would be cool if we had a channel to stream non officials just for fun but commentary u could tune into like twitch ql1on1 ladder 24-7 duels
2014-07-31, 20:51
188 posts

Feb 2008
Ake Vader wrote:
SuddendeathTV has now been added to the ESReality stream list, i.e. it will show up in the right sidebar when you're live.

I also got them to add my own stream. Also Quakephil's stream is on there since before.

Nice work!
Ake, your stream is listed as "QL" on ESR
2014-07-31, 21:35
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
leopold wrote:
Ake Vader wrote:

Nice work!
Ake, your stream is listed as "QL" on ESR

I know, have asked them to change if possible as i will mostly be streaming QW obviously. I guess it's how it's listed on ESR though because if one hovered my name it said "Quake" which is what i have listed it as on Twitch when i play QW. Also my special first name character turned out like bogus.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
  75 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page