User panel stuff on forum
  36 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
General Discussion
2013-12-19, 08:38
401 posts

Mar 2006
Interesting, thanks. My 27" Asus is probably a bit more blurry and has more input lag than your 24" so I guess Eizo without Turbo should be ok. I really want the VA tho, sick of TN panels and crappy colors.

EDIT: Also overshooting artifacts are really bad in qw on these Asus monitors especially when using r_drawflat 1 or gl_max_size 1. Only Tracefree 40 or less eliminates overshoot for me.
2013-12-19, 09:18
1329 posts

Apr 2006
terrorhead wrote:

I really want the VA tho, sick of TN panels and crappy colors.

While a lot of people would probably want to same, as I do also, I would recommend checking the eizo fg2421 thread from hardocp. Unlike with all the other Eizos, there is a quality problem with this monitor and a lot of people (and I really mean a lot) have been forced to exchange their monitors due to image quality issues or the monitor just going off and on suddenly (related to "turbo". The panel you get at this time is a quality lottery, you might get good one or then really bad one. Until Eizo fixes the quality issue and/or releases another revision of the monitor, for me it is too much of a risk to pay 500 euros and hope for the best.
Servers: Troopers
2013-12-19, 09:39
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
terrorhead wrote:
Interesting, thanks. My 27" Asus is probably a bit more blurry and has more input lag than your 24" so I guess Eizo without Turbo should be ok. I really want the VA tho, sick of TN panels and crappy colors.

EDIT: Also overshooting artifacts are really bad in qw on these Asus monitors especially when using r_drawflat 1 or gl_max_size 1. Only Tracefree 40 or less eliminates overshoot for me.

Interesting. I have the 24'' one (vg248qe) and tracefree 80 is the perfect value. 100 gives overshooting of course though, but 80 gives none, and I play with a textureless setting as well just like you do. Perhaps there's some difference between the 27'' and the 24'' when it comes to tracefree settings
2013-12-19, 11:45
401 posts

Mar 2006
Andeh wrote:
terrorhead wrote:

Interesting. I have the 24'' one (vg248qe) and tracefree 80 is the perfect value. 100 gives overshooting of course though, but 80 gives none, and I play with a textureless setting as well just like you do. Perhaps there's some difference between the 27'' and the 24'' when it comes to tracefree settings

I think its because my model is kinda old 278H. 278HE and 248QE are newer and perhaps they tweaked Tracefree.
2013-12-19, 14:00
401 posts

Mar 2006
Renzo wrote:
terrorhead wrote:

I really want the VA tho, sick of TN panels and crappy colors.

While a lot of people would probably want to same, as I do also, I would recommend checking the eizo fg2421 thread from hardocp. Unlike with all the other Eizos, there is a quality problem with this monitor and a lot of people (and I really mean a lot) have been forced to exchange their monitors due to image quality issues or the monitor just going off and on suddenly (related to "turbo". The panel you get at this time is a quality lottery, you might get good one or then really bad one. Until Eizo fixes the quality issue and/or releases another revision of the monitor, for me it is too much of a risk to pay 500 euros and hope for the best.

Yeah I'm aware of those issues. Hopefully I get a good one
2014-01-22, 21:48
132 posts

Apr 2007
Any updates? I want every singel one of you who has this monitor to write an indepth review.. : ]

right now.
  36 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page