User panel stuff on forum
  60 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Off Topic
2016-01-21, 11:05
News Writer
275 posts

May 2006
ocoini wrote:
And yes, I would like to hear everyone's opinions... Not just on mumble, but in some kind of text would be nice - also the clan meeting will probably be in text on IRC - It goes a lot faster to hear everyone's views instead of just a few talking.

Well, if they do not post anything, or dont say anything on IRC, or dont answer on issues, then i dont understand why they are listed as "active" players in this team. So in my humble opinion if you want all those players/names in some sort of active team, then they better wake up

Ive just played 2-3 weeks now with internal pracs and some mixes and at the most we have been 8-10 players. Thats just enough for 2 teams...and like 10-15 players short of the players you mentioned
Link, we are not even oldtimers anymore, we are dinosaurs. - Hooraytio
2016-01-22, 09:29
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
I am going to be nowhere near as active as last season, so don't count on me for other than an odd game now and then. In whatever team.
2016-01-23, 14:04
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
erlend wrote:
I am going to be nowhere near as active as last season, so don't count on me for other than an odd game now and then. In whatever team.

Actually, things might work out after all. I second the idea of one super team. D99 being a starting point for rookies and rusty oldtimers, when you reach a certain level, it's natural to move up. The development kinda stalls if you never get the chance to play on a whole team on roughly the same level over time. (Not very motivated to play another season of no maps won.)

I'm sure ocoini has a fair idea of the skill level around. Or we could do american style tryouts, play a few d99 v d99 games and see who stands out.
2016-01-23, 15:04
41 posts

Nov 2013
Sorry to react so late on this.
I did like all the read
2 or 3 teams is easy i only see enough activity to create 2 teams.
But if everyone wants to we can probably try to get it to work but the key word here will be 'TRY'.

On the other aspect of who is playing with who i did like the things link said.
You need to have some sort of teamchemistry going or at least its more fun for players if they indeed can play with players they are feeling more comfortable with.

And you cant please everyone so probably some players will be butthurt

greetings veRRo.
2016-01-23, 15:29
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
veRRo wrote:
2 or 3 teams is easy i only see enough activity to create 2 teams.

Well, there are 15 players signed up already, and that's not including Pani, Turbo, Gore and maybe others. If we get just a few more, I'd go for 3 teams, because with 2 teams with around 10 players in them each, there's not enough game time for everyone, and you won't be able to drill very good teamplay / chemistry with so many changes all the time. 5-6 players in a team is ideal imo (given that those 5-6 players will be able to show up for most matches ... and honestly, people who only can play one night a month, well, that means you really don't have time for EQL and should sit this one out).

I wouldn't read too much into current activity. Some people don't play mixes all the time, but still show up for EQL.
2016-01-23, 23:08
5 posts

Feb 2015
I don't think three teams are a good idea.

I consider some players not very reliable when it comes to showing up. And as the season for EQL progresses more people will lose motivation due to getting destroyed all the time. Remember that in EQL20 D99B had to give walkovers despite having 10 players in its roster.

When players are divided into three teams neither one will have enough active players by the time half of EQL21's season is over.
2016-01-24, 09:02
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
qirex wrote:
Remember that in EQL20 D99B had to give walkovers despite having 10 players in its roster.

This is kind of my point. I'd like to play in a small team of 5-6 players who show up for almost every game, to get some good teamplay going, instead of it being like playing a mix every time.

So maybe we should make the teams (be it two or three) based on activity? One smaller team with players who want to and can play a lot, and a bigger team with the players who can only play occasionally.
2016-01-24, 22:12
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
New official prac time :: Every Monday @ 21:00 CET, 22:00 EET, 20:00 GMT

Be there!

So in reference to my last post, and our clan meeting. These are the players we know will play eql AND prac:

Klice, Paniagua, Qirex, Bagov, Ocoini, Meagot, Vrtx, Macisum, Timon, Diehuman, Verro, Daux (Leopold) (Erlend)

If there are no objections, I'll make two teams out of these, and we give them we give them a test run on the next few Mondays.

T1: Paniagua, Verro, Daux, Timon, Meagot, Diehuman, (Leopold)
T2: Ocoini, Qirex, Bagov, Macisum, Klice, vrtx, (Erlend)

Erlend, Leopold, and Vrtx we are a bit unsure how active will be, but I think the rest should have a good chance at showing up on mondays!

Pani is by far a better player than ocoini, but macisum + klice on an oco team could be overkill?

We have to see a bit who is stronger of timon and macisum and how meagot will fair as a tradeoff to klice. Perhaps swap a few around is in perfectly good order!
Test it a bit on mondays.

Everyone else that arnt on this list of players, but are definitely going to play with us for eql tell us.
When/If the stragglers join your more than welcome to join us just for EQL - but the ones that show up for practice and actually manage to be clear and know what they want will be prioritized.

We move forward with making a black team, can talk about it on mondays who should be in it =)

As always anyone that wants to play 4on4 qw can join us =)
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2016-02-03, 11:16
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
For selection of black team players.

We really need to see you guys together... Can you all try to be here next Monday 20:00 cet?
It needs to be earlier than 21:00 cet, cus my neighbors are going insane by me talking until late at night.

Right now the five best for me seems to be Paniagua, Macisum, Timon, Dev and Gore.

Gore probably wont come mm3, should he still be on the team?

We really need to see Mushi and Baresi, play more, and how they stack up against Klice, Erlend, Meagot, Turbo etc..

I can't select five top players alone - there are holes in my knowledge about each player.

I have a ton knowledge and views about each player I actually have played with, but the ones that are kinda new or haven't been very active in mixes with me etc I don't have complete overview of. So it's hard for me to make a call that I feel would be fair.
Example: Klice and Erlend could for instance be on the same level as Timon, Dev and Mushi - but It's really hard to pick out the best when I haven't seen who actually comes out on top..

We were initially going to have one motivated rookie join them, should we still do this? It seems that it could be a bit divisive and not very fair to select out one.
It' seems much more stress free for everyone to just aim at getting the top six players.

(Edited 2016-02-03, 12:20)
2016-02-03, 11:50
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
srsly? you cant talk in your own apartment?
I would consider moving
Chosen
2016-02-03, 12:22
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Hooraytio wrote:
srsly? you cant talk in your own apartment?
I would consider moving

It's weird, they NEVER play music. I never hear a beep out of them - it's like I only hear them sometimes in the summer when they have the door open and have guests, and when they are banging in the wall when we are just talking late - even with guests here, they start banging

So ye, mm3 for quake seems to be a big trigger, t.t

It's like there must be a one way street for the sound or something -- and how the hell can they live without playing music?! ;p

I apologized to another neighbor once - after I had a big fight with GF. Apologized for the ruckus on Sunday - she hadn't noticed anything and that was _really_ loud
2016-02-03, 13:20
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
Crazy, afaik just normal talking is something you have to tolerate when living in an apartment. Start banging in the wall because someone is talking is insane
Chosen
2016-02-05, 01:50
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Hooraytio wrote:
Crazy, afaik just normal talking is something you have to tolerate when living in an apartment. Start banging in the wall because someone is talking is insane

By the way Hooraytio - I've voted LARGE for all our teams, x4 now, but I do not really have an overview of what everyone wants - I'll try to get it on Monday, if people show up then - but perhaps just limiting d99 votes to one or two would be most fair when it comes to the map pool. I've started pming people about it now.
2016-02-05, 07:28
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
Each team should get one vote each with exception of the d99 all star team since they get to vote twice if they also get a vote.
Chosen
2016-02-05, 12:32
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
I've noticed that Mushi and Dev has joined Pani on the black team. IMO Gore should also be there. (Plus 1 or 2 reserves.) If my calculations are correct, there are another 16 D99ers signed up, so the total player base is 20 now. I suppose the idea is that each regular team always (or as often as possible) have ONE black player (someone to sort of lead the way). And if one spot is (almost) always taken up by a dude from black team, there are only three spots left to fill.

Shouldn't we then split those 16 players into three teams? I think we have enough players for that. And it will give us more interesting games versus each other, to have three D99 teams of pretty equal skill instead of just two.

This is just an example, I just listed the names alphabetically:
  • Black team --- Mushi, Pani, Dev, Gore
  • Regular #1 --- Bagov, Daux, Diehuman, Klice, Meagot, Qirex
  • Regular #2 --- Q-Tio, Sectopod, Timon, Turbo, veRRo, Vrtx
  • Regular #3 --- Ocoini, Macisum, Baresi, Erlend (team Norway, hehehehehe, I couldn't resist)

So this means that team #1 and #2 needs to have 3 out of 6 players showing up for a game (and at the same time get hold of 1 of the 4 black team players). That should be very doable, no?

Since me and Ocoini can play pretty much every game AFAIK, I think team #3 could make it work as a team Norway + 1 someone from black team. Unless both Macisum and Baresi don't expect to be able to be very active this season. A team Norway would be fun, me thinks ...

Thoughts?
2016-02-05, 18:09
22 posts

Jan 2016
Whatever team I get assigned to I will give my 100% (Whatever level that is). I still hate losing even tho my skills are long gone.
But I got to admit I like the div99.no idea, erlend!

About the activity level; I will show up as long as I get the time & date.
But I think its more important that we actually use the time properly whenever we infact are gathered and practising.
By that I mean doing light strategies/Tactics and not just waiting for a random 4on4 for 30-60min on a server.

Im not getting any younger, and waiting for that last prick for a 4on4 is definitely not on my bucket list.

I believe in team and gameplan - and doing the right choices more consistently.
Assuming that everybody knows what to do, when to do it; is a road to failure and no fun (for me).
Id rather lose big knowing we did all to get the odds in our favour than running around like a headless chicken only to lose really big.

Id vote large map pool, since I prefer cmt1b, cmt3, cmt4 and any exmx map over dm2/3.
See you monday, gents!
2016-02-07, 11:33
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
I like that you guys give feedback - it's as much your clan as it is mine: Mushi suggested putting up a google message group of a sort where we can discuss everything from tactics to chemistry - I said that I would join it. But I don't want to waste time writing lots of stuff that I'm not sure people will read. That's why I've mostly just focused on communicating over IRC - and sometimes post here. As it's easier to just focus on communicating over fewer channels.

erlend wrote:
I've noticed that Mushi and Dev has joined Pani on the black team. IMO Gore should also be there. (Plus 1 or 2 reserves.)

I agree with Gore - being on black team, the problem is we are never sure how active he will be. I had a small chat with him earlier in the week and he said he would try to be more on IRC. However , as far as i know; I did NOT talk to him about it last time,he does not like to use mm3. Gore on the black team gets my vote as well - but it would have to be the other black team's decision I believe. For my part, even if he doesn't come mm3, he is easily one of the best.

erlend wrote:

Shouldn't we then split those 16 players into three teams? I think we have enough players for that. And it will give us more interesting games versus each other, to have three D99 teams of pretty equal skill instead of just two.

This is just an example, I just listed the names alphabetically:
  • Black team --- Mushi, Pani, Dev, Gore
  • Regular #1 --- Bagov, Daux, Diehuman, Klice, Meagot, Qirex
  • Regular #2 --- Q-Tio, Sectopod, Timon, Turbo, veRRo, Vrtx
  • Regular #3 --- Ocoini, Macisum, Baresi, Erlend (team Norway, hehehehehe, I couldn't resist)

So this means that team #1 and #2 needs to have 3 out of 6 players showing up for a game (and at the same time get hold of 1 of the 4 black team players). That should be very doable, no?

Since me and Ocoini can play pretty much every game AFAIK, I think team #3 could make it work as a team Norway + 1 someone from black team. Unless both Macisum and Baresi don't expect to be able to be very active this season. A team Norway would be fun, me thinks ...

Thoughts?

Just quickly, here is the active player list for your reference:
with my imagined skill level for each player in relation to the other players. YES, this list is probably inaccurate in certain places. But I need a base to form teams on.

paniagua1 Finland 1. quadrunner/offencive. perfect mm3 - timing - takes control
Mushi1 Portugal 1. (i haven't played enough with mushi) - most likely good mm3 and timing with takes control. (possibly inactive)
Macisum1 Norway 1. allround/quadrunner. perfect mm3 - timing -potential to take control (possibly inactive, but unlikely)
Gore1 England 1. allround/quadrunner. *none mm3, unknown timing. (possibly inactive)
Timon1 Ukraine 1. quadrunner/defensive. good mm3, timing
dev2 Brazil 2. (could well be 1, if not for ping) quadrunner/allround. good mm3 - most likely takes control.
Turbo2 England 2. offensive/quadrunner. crazy mm3 - timing - potential to take control
klice2 France 2. quadrunner/defencive. good mm3 -timing
Baresi3 Norway 3. (i haven't played enough with baresi, could well be 1) none mm3
Erlend3 Norway 3. defensive. *none mm3. timing w/mm2
ocoini3 Norway 3. defensive. crazy mm3. timing - takes control
Meagot3 Scotland 3. defensive/quadrunner. capable mm3 - timing
Q-Tio3 F inland 3. allround. capable mm3 - timing (possibly inactive)
Diehuman3 Portugal 3. quadrunner/offensive. crazy mm3 (possibly inactive)
Stayout4 Estonia 4. allround/defencive/offencive capable mm3
veRRo5 Belgium 5. quadrunner/allround. crazy mm3 - perfect mm3 timing - potential to take control
vrtx5 Finland 5. allround/defensive. unknown mm3 (possibly inactive)
Daux5 Germany 5. (slight unknown think defensive.) capable mm3
qirex5 Germany 5. defensive. capable mm3 - timing
bagov5 England 5. (unknown think quadrunner defensive) capable mm3

*crazy mm3 - sometimes inclined to either comment on unnecessary things or let out frustration that is disruptive to other players. You want to split them up.
timing* knowing and sharing item spawn - you absolutely need a few of them on each team
'defensive/offensive - more inclined to guard positions vs attacking enemies. - try an even spread
-takes control - inclined to give out orders. typically requires only one, depending on skill.
Activity needs to be spread.

I have in the last week made several team compositions trying to make three teams work. As I saw we need three teams. And I even have made a third team on EQL for it.
I believe three teams are totally doable - I am slightly concerned about activity - but I don't think we have a choice. The activity is high for now, and with more teams in eql on a lower level it should be easier to hold onto motivation.

Regarding Gore - I talked with Gore the other day, and he was going to try to be more active on IRC - as such I think we have to assume he will be active for us in EQL but it could still be tricky basing a regular team around him. It would require that he at least be put on a team with people that are sort of OK with not knowing if he will show up. Like last season, Gore showed up last second and flipped the scales on the internal match completely.

(Edited 2016-02-07, 11:47)
2016-02-07, 11:45
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
For Erlends suggestion ::
(also as an example of how i think about the teams)
We also need to actually put the players from black into the regular teams - they won't be functioning as standins we can call on, but will have to be registered on two teams for EQL.

Lets say team one gets Dev and Gore, Team two gets Paniagua, team three gets Mushi.
  • Regular #1 --- Gore, Dev, , Bagov, Daux, Diehuman, Klice, Meagot, Qirex,
  • Regular #2 --- Paniagua, Q-Tio, Timon, Turbo, veRRo, Vrtx +stayout.
    (Sectopod doesn't exist - sorry about confusion

• [*] Regular #3 --- Mushi, Ocoini, Macisum, Baresi, Erlend

There will always be problems of course,regardless of who plays on what team..
    *scores= lower better, based on my rating of the players.

Lets take top four in each -
    t1: Dev, Gore, Klice, Meagot
    score 8
    t2: Paniagua, Timon, Turbo, Stayout,
    score 8
    t3: Mushi, Macisum, Baresi, Erlend,
    score 6
    This seems OK - should be good matches - t1 will have a slightly weaker mm3 than the other teams.

When we add more players from strongest to weaker - the situation seems to go out of control in relation to the player list above...
    t1: Dev, Gore, Klice, Meagot, Diehuman, Daux, Qirex, Bagov,
    score 26
    t2: Paniagua, Timon, Turbo, Stayout, Q-tio, vErro, Vrtx,
    score 21
    t3: Mushi, Macisum, Baresi, Erlend, Ocoini
    score 11

...Because if we then remove the possible inactive we get:

T1: Dev, Klice, Meagot, Daux, Qirex, Bagov.
    score 22
    T2: Paniagua, Timon, Turbo, Verro
    score 9
    T3: Baresi, Erlend, Ocoini,
    score 9

Problems:
    T1: The players that would be considered most active are of a far lower skill level than the other teams. There are to many low skilled on the team in relation to the other teams.
    It' is expected that Qirex, Bagov and Daux will want to play 100% of the games.
    T2: Should be OK
    T3: Activity: but yes Should be OK - as activity concerns of the remaining players on t3 isn't really very concerning for the remaining players. The mm3 situation is hard, with 2 on same team that can't speak. I am however fine with just mm2, so doesn't really bother me. But Macisum would most likely want mm3.

In general I'm a bit concerned about going by nationalities... I wouldn't like to do it initially as I don't want to create a divide in us - or give impression that one team has more fun than the others. Last season I think it was generally thought that red team had more fun - which may or may not be true.

--
    But yes, I've been making all kinds of teams, last week, here's one of my best compositions.

t1: Macisum1*, Dev2, Klice2, Ocoini3, bagov5, Qirex5,
    activity score 17
    t2: Mushi1*, Timon1, Meagot3, Baresi3, Diehuman3*, Daux5,
    t3: Paniagua1, Gore1*, Turbo2, Erlend3, Q-Tio3*, Stayout4, Verro5, Vrtx5*,

All teams have a good mm3, crazies are split, good timers on all teams. (i initially had baresi and erlend on same team, but two without mm3 makes it hard for the other two playing.)
    the crazies are split.
    There is a capable quad runner on each team.
    the timing seems to be spread.
    All teams have some that will do the dirty work of camping / defensive players.
    All teams have someone that takes control.
    Many personal wishes for teammates are fulfilled, though not all.

t1 : It is expected that most active lineup will be dev, klice,ocoini bagov, qirex
    t2: ---"--- Timon, meagot, Baresi, Daux
    t3:---"--- Pani, turbo, Erlend, Stayout, Verro

It would be good if we could go out from this team and make changes if needed.

t1: Macisum1*, Dev2, Klice2, Ocoini3, bagov5, Qirex5,

t2: Mushi1*, Timon1, Meagot3, Baresi3, Diehuman3*, Daux5,

t3: Paniagua1, Gore1*, Turbo2, Erlend3, Q-Tio3*, Stayout4, Verro5, Vrtx5*,

--- men ja, hard nøtt dette med laga ass..
    I'm not saying no thank you to a full Norwegian team, I'm just concerned it would look like we are withdrawing ourselves from the others ?

Baresi wrote:
    Whatever team I get assigned to I will give my 100% (Whatever level that is). I still hate losing even tho my skills are long gone.
    But I got to admit I like the div99.no idea, erlend!

It would be fun =)
    2016-02-07, 11:50
    News Writer
    305 posts

Feb 2008
    Baresi wrote:

About the activity level; I will show up as long as I get the time & date.
    But I think its more important that we actually use the time properly whenever we infact are gathered and practising.
    By that I mean doing light strategies/Tactics and not just waiting for a random 4on4 for 30-60min on a server.

Im not getting any younger, and waiting for that last prick for a 4on4 is definitely not on my bucket list.

Typically when we are 8 it goes down like that - sometimes however, it has been difficult to get 8 ;p
    Many are very good at showing up on time, and sometimes people come late.. hard to monitor as it happens to everyone now and then.
    Would be nice if we had somekind of signup system that everyone actually used.. but getting people to use it... ye, i dunno.

Baresi wrote:

I believe in team and gameplan - and doing the right choices more consistently.
    Assuming that everybody knows what to do, when to do it; is a road to failure and no fun (for me).
    Id rather lose big knowing we did all to get the odds in our favour than running around like a headless chicken only to lose really big.

Many are very new to 4on4 QW - and so many don't know what to do, any help with sorting that stuff out is of course appreciated =)

--

Lastly I am totally fine, and seriously considering taking all the "AFK'ers" on my team - its about 4-5 players. Then dividing the remaining active on the other two teams- It will make the two teams not struggle with activity at all. And I'll take any that join late on my team - which could be anyone.

Sorry, seems I had to divide the wall of text into three posts.. no idea why..
    2016-02-07, 11:51
    41 posts

Nov 2013
    As always a good read ocoini. So i hope you can get the needed support and replies from all the other teammates from div99.
    for me ill go with whatever im put in cause im sure it will be fine.

as for eql like i already mentioned on irc i would go for tb3.

Altough other maps can be good also but i cant give a decent opiniion onnit because i lack alot of experience on those maps also

greetings
    2016-02-07, 12:40
    117 posts

Jan 2006
    Yep been playing less recently, blame fallout 4. I'll be around today though and monday at some stage.. promise!
    2016-02-07, 14:12
    News Writer
    221 posts

Jan 2013
    As ocoini seems to have thought out possible teams on a WAY different level than any of us, I say we go with his idea (names in parentheses expected to be less active):
    • Team 1: (Macisum), Dev, Klice, Ocoini, bagov, Qirex,
    • Team 2: (Mushi), Timon, Meagot, Baresi, (Diehuman), Daux
    • Team 3: Paniagua, (Gore), Turbo, Erlend, (Q-Tio), Stayout, Verro, Vrtx

Works for me.
    2016-02-07, 15:14
    News Writer
    305 posts

Feb 2008
    erlend wrote:
    As ocoini seems to have thought out possible teams on a WAY different level than any of us, I say we go with his idea (names in parentheses expected to be less active):
    • Team 1: (Macisum), Dev, Klice, Ocoini, bagov, Qirex,
    • Team 2: (Mushi), Timon, Meagot, Baresi, (Diehuman), Daux
    • Team 3: Paniagua, (Gore), Turbo, Erlend, (Q-Tio), Stayout, Verro, Vrtx

Works for me.

I'm quite sure this can be tweaked, and Baresi does seem to want to use mm3 and so baresi and erlend on same team does work perfectly fine if you two want to play togheter.
    Like qtio and vrtx would like to be on the same team - any personal requests like this weighs pretty heavily =)

I also forgot that Leopold might drop in for a game or two, and so he will also be placed on a team, but yes, dont expect him to play alot.
    If gore in fact wants to be more active in eql the pani gore combo will be quite powerful. But the team 3 does lack some strong mid-range skilled players, with only erlend and possibly stayout on a good day - so it should make up for it overall.
    2016-02-07, 16:20
    News Writer
    221 posts

Jan 2013
    ocoini wrote:
    If gore in fact wants to be more active in eql the pani gore combo will be quite powerful. But the team 3 does lack some strong mid-range skilled players, with only erlend and possibly stayout on a good day - so it should make up for it overall.

Let's not forget that the guys from black team will have to play all the black team matches as well. So I expect (at least in group stage and against the top teams that we don't stand any chance against anyway) that the teams will have to play a lot of games without any black team players.

Unless the guys on black team plan on being superactive.
    2016-02-07, 22:54
    News Writer
    305 posts

Feb 2008

(Edited 2016-02-07, 23:48)
    2016-02-07, 23:43
    News Writer
    305 posts

Feb 2008
    ocoini wrote:
    erlend wrote:
    [quote="ocoini"]If gore in fact wants to be more active in eql the pani gore combo will be quite powerful. But the team 3 does lack some strong mid-range skilled players, with only erlend and possibly stayout on a good day - so it should make up for it overall.

Let's not forget that the guys from black team will have to play all the black team matches as well. So I expect (at least in group stage and against the top teams that we don't stand any chance against anyway) that the teams will have to play a lot of games without any black team players.

Unless the guys on black team plan on being superactive.

ye, no, they know they have to play in normal matches and thats the priority. We would not be allowed to do this if they didn't show up for the regular teams. If they are just showing up for black games, I or probably hooraytio will remove them..

Teams are 'up' - we can still probably fiddle a bit if someone has concrete suggestions of moving a player - or wish that they were on another team.
    If you don't see yourself on the team give it a day - hooraytio went to bed =)

Same goes if someone really would like to be on the black team.

ps - i'm still expecting late joiners / newcomers to qw - so they will probably end up on my team unless they unbalance things.

Anyone unhappy with teams or want to be moved do say so!
    2016-09-07, 21:31
    News Writer
    305 posts

Feb 2008
    Hi - Trying to again figure out commitment of players, and perhaps moving the prac date if needed.

Please write something about how much time you can commit to playing 4on4 QW and if you have any restrictions on your play.

Restrictions like:
    Do you only want to play 4on4 if all your teammates are on voice with you?
    Don't you want to use voice at all?
    Is it impossible for you to make room for QW once or twice a week at a fixed time?

No-one is getting kicked or anything by answering these questions. And we can make a doodle poll later to figure out exactly which day of the week is best for prac.

However right now we have people that would like to have the pracs be more regular.
    If the only way for this to work is by forming internal teams inside d99, then this is something we will have to talk about and consider!
    There are both positives and negatives in doing this.
    2016-09-08, 06:48
    11 posts

Jul 2016
    I'm happy with whatever practice day(s) others choose. I can play pretty much any day and any time when I'm awake. However I work a zero hour contract and often get called in at short notice. My activity level is fairly high - I'm enjoying the game a lot right now and hope to get involved in development and tourney admin.

I'm interested in getting the hang of 4on4, it's the weakest aspect of my game by far, and I'm happy to use voice comms, though I don't have a decent microphone yet (and depending on finances this month it might be a few weeks before I get one).

On a side note, I'm a bit OCD about config tweaks, so if any d99ers have ezq config questions, feel free to fire them my way.
    2016-09-08, 18:34
    Administrator
    284 posts

Sep 2015
    I suppose my ideal would be to see EQL21 Division 2 all over again (with the non-div99 teams as well), but I understand I'm not allowed nice things. Maybe a low-skill 4v4 tournament while Salvation is on is worth pursuing.

Personally, I can play pretty much anytime, but would appreciate keeping prewar to a minimum. Happy to do voice or not - when I do play with voice I notice I get very sloppy with mm2 (sorry Leo!), so it's probably good to do mm2-only every now and again.

Regarding internal teams: don't think we should be too fixed on this, but playing with the pulsar chaps each week definitely helped me improve a lot faster than playing mixes all the time. Going back to the tournament idea, maybe having internal teams but then very short (2 or 3 week tournaments) then switching everyone around would help, I dunno. Hard to know what to plan for at this point as lots of people seem to have discovered Real Life over the summer and no idea how many people would turn up to play if something was organised.
    2016-09-17, 16:49
    46 posts

Jan 2013
    I like prac wednesday and Sunday . I dont like cmt4. I can use voice if neded. I prac 24 hours a Day.
      60 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page