User panel stuff on forum
  7 posts on 1 page  1
Advanced Configuration
2013-03-22, 16:06
46 posts

Jan 2013
Hi,
I got 150hz on my screen, cl_maxfps 600 and 800 dpi mouse with 1000hz
its pretty nice. real nice. . but is everything in sync?
2013-03-22, 16:07
46 posts

Jan 2013
crt monitor
2013-03-22, 18:04
223 posts

Aug 2011
Normally you would want a maxfps that is a multiplier of 77 (the phys fps qw runs at), for instance 616. But this doesn´t really matter, maybe it did once upon a time, but nowadays I´ve never heard of anyone complaining.

I think you´re settings are just fine, and if you are happy with them; there is no reason to be alarmed.
carrier has arrived - twitch.tv/carapace_
2013-03-23, 14:52
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
cara wrote:
Normally you would want a maxfps that is a multiplier of 77 (the phys fps qw runs at), for instance 616. But this doesn´t really matter, maybe it did once upon a time, but nowadays I´ve never heard of anyone complaining.

It doesn't apply for fodquake but it still applies for ezQuake, even if you use "cl_earlypackets 1". If you have the new hud you can type "show net" in console ("hide net" to hide it) and try to make sure that the dev(iation) is 0.0ms, then it's "perfect".

Sometimes if you are just between a 12ms and 25ms interval, you often benefit from using delaypacket to get a tiny bit higher ping, but your deviation lowers equaling "smoother" handling of packets and smoother rockets/movement etc.
2013-10-18, 15:16
1 post

Feb 2013
dimman wrote:
cara wrote:

It doesn't apply for fodquake but it still applies for ezQuake, even if you use "cl_earlypackets 1". If you have the new hud you can type "show net" in console ("hide net" to hide it) and try to make sure that the dev(iation) is 0.0ms, then it's "perfect".

Sometimes if you are just between a 12ms and 25ms interval, you often benefit from using delaypacket to get a tiny bit higher ping, but your deviation lowers equaling "smoother" handling of packets and smoother rockets/movement etc.

Can you please elaborate on this?

Right now, There a lot of information in the forums but we can't tell for sure which one is the more accurate since they are all from 3 or more years ago.

In my case, for example I have this specs:

Monitor with any frequency I want, from 85hz to 140hz.
Mouse with stable 500hz and DPI that goes to 3500.
I can achieve about 1000 stable fps.
Stable 25ms latency.

So, by what I read until now, I'm using:

Mouse 500hz, 1500dpi - Monitor 125hz - 500FPS
in_mouse 3
in_m_os_parameters 3
m_filter 0
cl_earlypackets 1
* Note that everything is a multiple of 125, minus the 77 physfps.

Should I go for a fps seting that is a multiple of 77?

What is the "priority order" of importance when trying to sync all the variables?

Should we make a new topic trying to solve once and for all this question?
2013-10-20, 19:17
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
thugful wrote:
dimman wrote:
cara wrote:

Can you please elaborate on this?

Right now, There a lot of information in the forums but we can't tell for sure which one is the more accurate since they are all from 3 or more years ago.

In my case, for example I have this specs:

Monitor with any frequency I want, from 85hz to 140hz.
Mouse with stable 500hz and DPI that goes to 3500.
I can achieve about 1000 stable fps.
Stable 25ms latency.

So, by what I read until now, I'm using:

Mouse 500hz, 1500dpi - Monitor 125hz - 500FPS
in_mouse 3
in_m_os_parameters 3
m_filter 0
cl_earlypackets 1
* Note that everything is a multiple of 125, minus the 77 physfps.

Should I go for a fps seting that is a multiple of 77?

What is the "priority order" of importance when trying to sync all the variables?

Should we make a new topic trying to solve once and for all this question?

For ezQuake I'd suggest to care about a maxfps that is a multiple of 77. I wouldn't care about mouse refresh rate or dpi, at that refresh rate for the screen I wouldn't care about exact numbers either as long as you don't get any tearing (you probably won't).

Something like:

cl_maxfps 616
125Hz refresh rate on screen
cl_earlypackets 0 (do as I described above, make sure you have the same min/avg/max 13/13/13ms or 25/25/25ms or 38/38/38ms etc.

Whatever on the rest, should be smooth enough to focus on getting better at the game instead
2013-10-20, 20:16
31 posts

Oct 2009
I play on cl_maxfps 0
120 hz
i think 1000hz mouse?
dunno dpi (logitech g400)
but feels really smooth!
ReppieDoksing!
  7 posts on 1 page  1