User panel stuff on forum
  57 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
General Discussion
2006-04-28, 12:55
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
that's 100% doable in ktpro too (2 captains)
2006-04-28, 14:34
447 posts

Jan 2006
I just tried the bot. Two things need tweaking:

Firstly, you absolutely NEED to get a serveme bot to the channel.

Secondly, the commands list must stay in the topic when a mix is being gathered. When people join, all they see is that there is a mix happening, but not which commands to use (!ready for example).
Teamplay is nothing. Aim is everything. OBEY YOUR AIM

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9017/end2ub.jpg
2006-04-28, 14:46
810 posts

Jan 1970
keft eta

if you wanna play fair games in mix just be sure all those fkn newbs aint in it, who cares if someone is faking, like sassa says, the just gotta know how good he is, but anyway most fakers are div1 anyway.

the main reason it takes like ages and 10 rpickups to get even teams ain't because of the fakers but because of all the newb (low div2 down to div5) players in it.

oh and do you see for example la-tvs breaking when the other team is leading with 100 frags? hardly possible to play 20 minutes of mix because people break.

my suggestion: get mixes running based on divs, then you have less trouble with the 10 rpickups and breaking which is fucking anoying
2006-04-28, 14:47
1754 posts

Jan 2006
who cares?! its mix ffs
2006-04-28, 14:52
693 posts

Jan 2006
faker wrote:
keft eta

if you wanna play fair games in mix just be sure all those fkn newbs aint in it, who cares if someone is faking, like sassa says, the just gotta know how good he is, but anyway most fakers are div1 anyway.

the main reason it takes like ages and 10 rpickups to get even teams ain't because of the fakers but because of all the newb (low div2 down to div5) players in it.

oh and do you see for example la-tvs breaking when the other team is leading with 100 frags? hardly possible to play 20 minutes of mix because people break.

my suggestion: get mixes running based on divs, then you have less trouble with the 10 rpickups and breaking which is fucking anoying

HI PURITY
2006-04-28, 14:54
447 posts

Jan 2006
faker wrote:
keft eta

So what you are saying is that since most of the fakers are div1, it's not important knowing who they are because the ones who "ruin" the mixes are the "newbs" (not that I would call any div2 player newb - they didn't start playing qw yesterday)? You do realize that QW will die if the lowdiv players aren't able to play mixes, right?

The problem isn't bad players playing mixes, the problem is bad players playing in unbalanced teams. You don't counter bad rpicks by removing the known lowdiv players and replacing them with div1 fakers...
Teamplay is nothing. Aim is everything. OBEY YOUR AIM

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9017/end2ub.jpg
2006-04-28, 15:04
462 posts

Jan 2006
faker wrote:

= no mix at all, ever.
2006-04-28, 15:16
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
ui wrote:
I just tried the bot. Two things need tweaking:

Firstly, you absolutely NEED to get a serveme bot to the channel.

Secondly, the commands list must stay in the topic when a mix is being gathered. When people join, all they see is that there is a mix happening, but not which commands to use (!ready for example).

1. there is a servu bot in there, and the bot detects it and does a .qw and later on a .spam, however the bot seems to be broken (the serveme bot)

2. the ppl who join get a notice "type !ready to join the mix", but yeah, I added [!ready to join] to the topic so now it can't be more obvious
2006-04-28, 22:10
10 posts

Apr 2006
and if people would play they real nicks they wouldn't drop in middle of game so easily, that's fucking stupid :<
2006-04-28, 22:30
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
yeah that's a major advantage of not accepting fakers
2006-04-29, 17:54
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
i've noticed that the bot is spamming quite a lot, so I'm gonna make this change:

current behaviour:
start mix -> .qw
10 minutes later -> .spam
10 minutes later -> terminate mix if it has been inactive for 20 minutes, otherwise .spam

new behaviour:
start mix -> .spam
10 minutes later -> if 4 players have signed up, .spam
10 minutes later -> if 6 players have signed up, .spam

so if only 5 players signs up within 20 minutes, the bot will not .spam until 10 minutes later IF 6 players have signed up by then.

that should reduce the spam quite a bit, and not annoy people who have toggled .spam off, and don't want the mix spam shown.
2006-04-29, 22:28
248 posts

Jan 2006
eta is the man! I to hate fakers, and no, if you ask some faker what div he is not so interested in telling that. Then he would not fake. If someone does elect to kick a faker to get at mix going then i will vote yes!
2006-04-30, 03:41
2 posts

Feb 2006
Well in my opinion it´s kind of absurd to build bots for blocking the fakenicks. Why you have to play even mixes so seriously that u wouldn´t allow to change your nick there sometimes? I think fakers are ok IF they report what div they are. If they don´t, just kick them. Simple and easy.
2006-04-30, 09:34
10 posts

Apr 2006
and how often div1 fakers say they r div3-4 ? all time.. fucking nerd DDDDDDd< klara vappen
2006-04-30, 09:40
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Perhaps run a server with skill 0 frogbots for div1 fakers to have phun.
2006-04-30, 09:57
76 posts

Jan 2006
JohnNy_cz wrote:
Perhaps run a server with skill 0 frogbots for div1 fakers to have phun.

2006-04-30, 11:44
2 posts

Feb 2006
reka wrote:
and how often div1 fakers say they r div3-4 ? all time.. fucking nerd DDDDDDd< klara vappen

Haven´t seen ever div1 faker saying wrong his div, so the answer is 0. Reka why dont u just go outside and fuck your self?
2006-04-30, 11:48
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
i think that if the fakers weren't a problem, as rock says, this thread wouldn't exist
2006-04-30, 12:52
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
So...where did the love go? Imo it's okey to use fakenick AS_LONG_AS_THE_OPPONENTS_KNOW_WHO_YOU_ARE. Instead of coming onto a server with a fakenick you should come there with your original nick and then change it. Angua was a perfect example the other day when he even asked if it was ok to fake as "Manbearpig" or something. Sure, maybe he wasn't that serious but at least we knew who handed our asses back to us at the end of the game.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2006-04-30, 12:55
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Can't even see why one would want to fakenick. Is it really such a big blow to your "reputation" if you lose one game that's not even official in any way?
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2006-05-01, 15:28
14 posts

Apr 2006
Ake Vader wrote:
So...where did the love go? Imo it's okey to use fakenick AS_LONG_AS_THE_OPPONENTS_KNOW_WHO_YOU_ARE.

Eh . That's fine by me too. But those who do that doesn't bug me. Nor the others. They're not the problem. The super asses that don't say who they are, they are the problem. Exposure was a great way of telling who was faking as who but then the fakers were like hackers. Fighting the system . They are like a bunch of teenagers with too much testosterone! GO OUT AND PLAY instead of ruin our mixed games!

Today TWO out of TWO fakers dropped during game. It was an even game god damn it! WHY!? And it would've been more ok if the fkn newbie "amore"-faker wouldn't have been rude just before gamestart. We let him play but he had to show us his teenage style by dropping. K thanks! Good game! and then the other one dropped as well without reason. Last but not least Retic dropped. But well, this time he might be excused. The game was allready ruined by a faker called "amore"... And he wasn't even that good! A show off player thinking he was better than he really was.

The bot is a great way of playing mixed games without fakers. The only problem is that not enought ppl take it seriously. But well, lots of things aren't that great until it's been around for some time!

Keep up the good work Emp! The bot rox!

Kram.
2006-05-02, 06:21
810 posts

Jan 1970
This post was moderated by Ă…ke Vader as those kind of fucked up opinions (racism) don't belong on this board. Feel free to contact Ă…ke Vader if you got any questions regarding this decision.
2006-05-02, 07:00
1754 posts

Jan 2006
so you would be what then?
2006-05-02, 12:01
23 posts

Feb 2006
Rock wrote:
Why you have to play even mixes so seriously that u wouldn´t allow to change your nick there sometimes?

I dont think you could spin this any more thoroughly if you tried.

The entire problem is the FAKERS taking qw so seriously they cannot be caught losing with their own quake nick. I mean, how long can a guy sustain en ego of that magnitude without it imploding?

People like eta-beta are just trying to get more equally matched mixed games with less /breaking and less dropping so everyone can enjoy them.
2006-05-02, 12:33
14 posts

Apr 2006
I couldn't have said it better myself menthol. Thank god I'm not the only one thinking this way!
2006-05-02, 22:32
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
ur not alone eta-beta!
2006-08-29, 06:40
47 posts

Jan 2006
Actually DareDevil from #lovely wrote the bot (the "Dispenser" to start with I just ported it from a xircon tcl-script to eggdrop (with some help from Puh). The bot is still running (10 year anniversary soon ;D) in the #gather channel (password=qwtf) and it has 7 commands:

for players:
!play - voices you (required for you to be picked in a !gather)
!noplay - unvoices you

for admins: (operator status is needed)
!status - checks the number of players that have joined the subchannels #gather.blue & #gather.red for tac-talk (not needed for dm I guess)
!server - change topics and writes server ip & password in the subchannels
!gather - starts the pickup, unvoices everyone and starts a timer, you have two minutes to type !play ("!gather 4" would make random 4on4 teams)
!nogather - new command, stops all timers, to be used if not enough players are voiced
!add - new command, can't remember what it's for ;D, it kicks idle players from the subchannels tho

The Dispenser could be used for dm-pickups too I guess but the channel #gather is for qwtf only Lemme know if you need it.
  57 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page