User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
Rookies' Corner
2013-01-07, 00:58
11 posts

Jan 2013
Hi, I was wondering how much (if any) interest there is among rookies/casual players for 4on4 games?

Been playing QW for about a year and a half myself, mostly ffa and the occassional duel, but I'm starting to become pretty bored with ffa and am not really interested in 1on1, always preferred teambased multiplayer. Been wanting to try out 4on4 ever since I started watching ddk's videoes on Youtube, but obviously feel like I can't play with people from higher divs as I have literally no experience. But the other night I played a few rookie/ffa 4on4 mixed games on Kuzash's incentive (I think?), which was pretty fun. I noticed at least a couple of guys there who seemed to have some experience, which was good as they could give some guidance to the newbs (i.e me). But overall, it seemed like a great way to introduce players who are new-ish to 4on4, as it didn't matter if you sucked or had no experience, but you learned as you go (which I guess matters for most things), while getting some tips from more experienced players etc.

So what would you rookies/casual/ffa players out there say to get some 4on4 games like these going? With no prejudice as to previous experience, but learning as you go, maybe discuss some hints and tactics and stuff on irc?
2013-01-07, 08:03
94 posts

Oct 2011
You should join #kelts.qw on IRC. Me and some other Rookie/Adv Rookies are trying to get more new players to start trying out 4on4.
The purpose is so we can have Rookie Mixes so people can learn and have some 4on4 fun, regular mixes maybe fun, but from personal experience it can also boring and you can feel sucky .

We dont judge people if they not familiar or do mistakes, it's all in the nature of learning.
So dont hesitate to join!
2013-01-07, 09:58
11 posts

Jan 2013
Nice, I'll be there!
2013-01-08, 10:27
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
I'm also interested in rookie 4on4s. I've just set up my QW after not having played since the late 90s.
2013-01-08, 17:57
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
good to know that kelts iniciative is working!
Had lots of fun last night playing.
Maybe provide some feedback here at the forum, telling us what you think about the practice 4on4 you play. Tell us what you would like to improve, what could be done better, and ofc what you like also!

Download the latest nquake for the best qw experience.
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2013-01-08, 19:25
94 posts

Oct 2011
Good idea Mushi. What I would want to achieve, more rookies try and start playing 4on4. Come up with a day or hopefully more days a week when we play.
Have it schedule maybe help. And when we have achive getting more new players and rookies in 4on4 we could ,maybe have Rookie 4on4 Tournaments
  6 posts on 1 page  1