User panel stuff on forum
  7 posts on 1 page  1
Site Feedback
2012-09-10, 18:11
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
Hello,

If we navigate in youtube, we find alot of quake related videos. Some made by our own guys, its not hard to find ganon's account (c4nsino) or netspider's, or phil's.
So, first question:
Do you guys use a config to bind all the necessary commands to easily record a video under ezquake? If yes, can you provide it? Would be cool to share... qw is so awesome i bet even a noob made great shots and wanted to record that on video, and maybe even upload it to youtube.

Second question:
would be neat to add youtube account link on the players profile? here at qw.nu or the wiki?

never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2012-09-10, 19:18
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
I'm not sure if this is what they use but for short clips i made myself when trying out to record tricks etc i used the old - very simple - guide on QWDrama: Tutorial: How to make a QuakeWorld video

Should still be applicable i hope.

Edit: Noticed you were in the comments on that site so you probably know it already, argh. But hopefully someone else have use for it.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2012-09-10, 19:42
375 posts

Sep 2009
I couldn't make it this way (directly to .avi), the video was flickerying, different speed, audio unsyncronised, everything got buggy!
I had to make through picture frames, billions of pictures, then I recorded the audio with "Audacity", and joined them with VirtualDub, it taked LOTS of GIGAS and TIME and PATIENCE, but this was the only way I managed to get que vídeo perfect...
I think the .AVI method is outdated, the Codecs are very different nowadays, the ezQuake 2.1 doesn't get the thing done anymore I think!
(QW Nickname: AL.Kernell)
2012-09-10, 20:21
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
I managed to record an AVI movie with the guide above. The sound was just a tad off sync but for short clips like awesome frags and stuff it is definitely bareable. Recording longer videos is probably not recommended though as it took an awful long time. But maybe that how it always works...what do i know.

EzQuake version: 2.1 Stable (Build 3330)
XVID Codec: http://download.divxmovies.com/Xvid-1.3.2-20110601.exe

One thing to note was that the XVID encoder automatically launched some monitor window when starting the recording in ezQuake which threw me out to Windows. Was solved by going to Start > XVID > Configure Encoder > Other Options... > Display encoding status (untick this box)
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2012-09-11, 08:07
375 posts

Sep 2009
yeah, I could record just fine for about 30-45 seconds, any longer than that the sound synched off, and about 2, 3 minutes the video got completly bad.

So you are right! for capture just frags it's all right!
(I didn't tried to make a video acctually, I was just converting a demo to avi, so I needed 10 full minutes...)
2012-09-11, 14:17
News Writer
646 posts

Mar 2006
I have a unique setup (which in the future more people I think will have) where I can record to youtube any game in high quality using an external capture device and a laptop. It doesn't matter if I'm watching a demo or playing myself. I do have a separate visual config for demos that I've used, though
2012-09-11, 19:20
375 posts

Sep 2009
we forgot the Youtube Master Phil!
=P
which device do you use Phil?
  7 posts on 1 page  1