User panel stuff on forum
  5 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2012-04-10, 20:20
20 posts

Mar 2010
Hi,

Came across this today. http://fiverr.com/jeffmoses/promote-your-website-to-popular-high-ranking-directory-over-12000-facebook-fans-and-over-5000-twitter-followers

For $5 I don't see why its not worth a try. I hate this new qw.nu site and don't think its very noob friendly. If you were to advertise this site it needs to be easy for noobs to view a trailer, shown how to get the game and begin playing straight away. Last site was perfect layout wise, made qw feel more 'busy'. Cant describe why really /rant over.

So access to over 8000 tweeters, 16000 facebook users and more....for $5 lets show them something good - imagine even just bagging 100 extra full time players
2012-04-11, 08:49
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
I'm very tempted to remove the link from your post as if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is and i don't like giving that kind of guys any attention at all. Even if it is genuine it might not even be the right target audience?
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2012-04-11, 10:22
20 posts

Mar 2010
Hi Ake,

I promise you its true, I've usd similar services before (I do affiliate marketing). This service won't work for any affiliates, or for someone with something to sell as he states. Thousands of people have used his services as you can see, and all left great reviews.

Its $5...what can you lose? . I'd do it myself but not sure which site to point to and as I'm not happy pointng it to qw.nu with its current layout, we need to point it to an area of qw.nu which shows a trailer, exactly how to download the game and easy explanation on how to play. Is it me or is the forum when typing out a message really slow and keeps missing letters I'm typing if I go to fast?

Anyway its real, wthout a doubt, hes just picking some extra pocket money up for basically doing nothing, and we have nothing to sell (for cash) or affiliate (for cash) to anything. Dont ignore this, dirt cheap advertising with huge audience.

Btw, target audience? Generally young people use fiverr and on his facebook pages or twitter if any of the people viewing his sites land in an age range of 14 - 50, then that is targeted!. Even if you go only 30 fresh players who stuck with the game, it would be worth it. Theres similar services like this, if you slammed 20 of these style services, I'm certain quakeworld would easiy begin to grow again - It's just sending them to the right page!

(Edited 2012-04-11, 10:40)
2012-04-11, 11:22
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Then point it to the nQuake site? www.nquake.com
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2012-04-13, 14:08
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
if someone wants to do this, point to nquake website!
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
  5 posts on 1 page  1