User panel stuff on forum
  5 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2012-03-29, 13:37
176 posts

Mar 2012
hello everyone greetings!
i installed n quake and did some major changes to it with commands so it feels good for me.
i was playing like usual the other day when i hit the alt key on my keyboard and vid_wideaspect was set to 1 and vid_conwidth and vid_conhight and fov changed. I put vid_wideaspect back to 0 my fov to regular value and same with vid conwidth and conheight i put it to the value it was before but my qw still looks diferent like its screwed up with length and hight etc just totally diferent wideaspect feeling although i put it back to 0. Anyone know how to make this whole thing back to normal? too bad i dont have a backup of my config etc...
thnx in advance
2012-03-29, 15:12
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
i,ve experienced a similar issue.

for example, using wideaspect 1, if i cfg_load twice, conheight and width and fov will change.
if i cfg_reset and then cfg_load again, just once, everything is fine.
seems wideaspect calculates those values n times, instead of just one.
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2012-03-29, 15:35
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Follow the instructions here:

http://wiki.quakeworld.nu/Widescreen_Guide

You can ignore FOV related stuff if you want to, it's not mandatory.
Servers: Troopers
2012-03-29, 15:46
793 posts

Feb 2006
i never noticed alt (-tabbing?) screwing with the conwidth/height ratio. i'll just manually set my fov back to 90 (recalculates to 108.. immediately because i use wideaspect 1) after alt tabbing and that fixes it for me.

ideally ezquake shouldn't change or recalculate these settings ofc. no idea what's going on there.
2012-03-29, 17:11
176 posts

Mar 2012
tried it mushi but didnt help the whole look is still dif in qw anyone else have an idea how to make it look like it did before vid_wideaspect 1?
  5 posts on 1 page  1