User panel stuff on forum
  14 posts on 1 page  1
European Quake League
2011-08-07, 14:00
18 posts

Nov 2009
Hi!

I was speccing HOT match in troopers.fi:28001- server, herbie vs g_uru(=1tsinen) and asked if they want to play 2on2. Suddenly 1tsinen answered to me "No, and get the fuck outta here gay" or something like that. I was wondering like wow, is that guy really eql admin, nice behaviour.. I was asking him why he is so mean to me but didn't get a good answer. Then he voted nospecs mode on and asked herbie to do that also but he didn't at first. Then he told me to "go away or im not playing in next eql." Ofc I didn't because that was just stupid.

Point of this story is that do you guys think that was good a behaviour of eql-admin? Should you consider to remove 1tsinen because a lack of credibility? And can I play in next eql?
2011-08-07, 16:27
95 posts

Jun 2006
he was prolly joking, cause he was angry or smth? dont think this is something to take seriously...
2011-08-07, 17:05
67 posts

Apr 2006
i know itsinen, he is a nice guy and helps noobs/rookies if needed.. he probably was angry

but the QW community aint rookie friendly.. i just started to play again after couple of years away.. and i got the same welcoming from other players in mix couple of days ago.. please..everybody.. help rookies and welcome them... 5 years ago when i started almost everybody was very nice and helped me alot.. maybe things have changed?

we need as many people as we can get in QW

if rookies cant play mix/2on2.. how are they going to learn teamplay and the important things in life? (qw)

and thanks to the people on Aster who played 2on2 yesterday... you know who you are.. no whining ..they where much better than me.. and they had fun!

and yeah.. i dont give afuck about spelling and big letters and things..
2011-08-07, 17:31
1435 posts

Jan 2006
It is a bit funny how these threads where the authors, in my opinion, mostly just try to start a semi-flamewar, end in mostly intelligent discussion about some general problems in the game. Another examples of such threads are this and this. In both cases the original posters didn't even care to come back and respond to some claims. I am not surprised, as their attempt to start a heated discussion completely failed.

Maybe it is because of the summer - some people get too bored and there's not much activity on the servers, so they try to increase "activity" in the forums? I don't know
2011-08-07, 18:04
48 posts

Jan 2010
rookie tourney is needed i think
2011-08-07, 18:27
793 posts

Feb 2006
anoybody that agrees to play by the rules and finds 3 peeps that wants to play with him is more than welcome to next eql.

and i'm not even an admin.
2011-08-07, 19:12
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
Let's just say there is a reason to why I'm not an EQL admin anymore.

And with 100% certainty, no thats no reason to "ban" you from EQL.
2011-08-07, 19:25
18 posts

Nov 2009
Hopefully we get 1tsinen here to answer why he behaved like that? Would be nice to know..
2011-08-07, 19:44
485 posts

Feb 2006
dimman wrote:
Let's just say there is a reason to why I'm not an EQL admin anymore.

http://shtf411.com/images/smilies/shitstorm.gif
?

Jimbo wrote:
Hopefully we get 1tsinen here to answer why he behaved like that? Would be nice to know..

Ask him in person, in irc for example?

In general the topic of shit-acting on servers might be apt. But naming names doesn't help.
2011-08-07, 19:51
18 posts

Nov 2009
Yeah if he was normal player, but he is eql-admin so he should take responsibility of his acts. That's why I think it's fair to answer here.
2011-08-07, 23:45
Administrator
384 posts

Dec 2006
Unacceptable behaviour for a public server if it went down that way IMO.
That said, we only have one side of the story.
2011-08-08, 06:40
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
You are just as responsible for your actions no matter what, eql-admin, div0-player, old-rusty-fart and rookie etc.
That being said, you are allowed to joke from time to time (yeah im an idiot, so what?)

However, there are some ppl who have it in for Itsinen. Could it be someone faking to ruin his reputation? Dunno.
Chosen
2011-08-08, 14:00
18 posts

Nov 2009
It was real 1tsinen because they are irl friends with herbie and herbie doesn't play against anyone else.
2011-08-08, 14:10
398 posts

Feb 2006
Shit acting has unfortunately always been a part of qw. Play vs me, I treat everyone as heroes and it doesn't matter if they are rookies or pro players Be

@iOh
Keep it going and don't give up! If people don't recognize your nick they might initially think you're fake who will destroy the mix. Most people will treat you fairly even if you're a rookie, but yes there are also some assholes playing mix. Once you get better they will be nicer though. Just look at netsp1der who is nowadays one of the most respected mix players :E
  14 posts on 1 page  1