User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
Graphics Discussion
2011-07-28, 07:22
3 posts

Jul 2011
Hey. I'm just getting into QuakeWorld and I need some help setting my display up. I only started to play Quake games in 2008 with Quake Live and the order of ammo/hp/armor is different in that game than the others it seems. I learned how to play with my hud in the order of ammo/hp/armor instead of the quake standard of armor/hp/ammo. the qlive hud I use is the large stock one, looks like this: http://qlhud.core.ws/id/Mo4jj4

I also seem to be lacking a game clock. Would be nice to have one up top in big numbers like the image. the weaponbar i can deal with I'm just so used to glancing at these numbers and expecting them to be in certain places, it messes me up when those places change I need to get my hud sorted out if I want to learn how to play qworld in the next 30 days or so before this 2v2 tournament D:

Also, are hit beeps or kill beeps possible in this game?

thanks for any help.

-higgs
2011-07-28, 08:42
226 posts

Mar 2007
You can write "hud_editor"
Or visit http://gfx.quakeworld.nu/browse/hud/ and download hud configs.

Tbh i'm suprised how shitty default huds are? Like, wtf?

edit. actually the new ezquake has a decent hud.

Btw Johnny! A set of default huds might be good option for ezquake, like you could load different hud-presents, atm the "old" "new" and "combined" is not enough. I suppose there're resolution problems though, I wonder how they've solved those in Q3?
2011-07-28, 09:52
67 posts

Jan 2006
I gues u can use http://gfx.quakeworld.nu/details/202/weapon-icons-q3-style/
and if u type scr_newhud 1 ur able to move everything around with hud_editor.
The gameclock is shown with hud_gameclock_show 1 and can be moved with hud_editor. U can use other hud_gameclock_ commands to change size or stryle of the clock.
Dont know about hit or kill beeps. Dont think u can have hit beep. And why do anyone want kill beep?
2011-07-28, 15:44
87 posts

Apr 2011
There's a hud element you can turn on with hud_ownfrags_show 1. This will tell you the name of who you just got. You can set colour, size, position etc. Also, there's the r_tracker function, where you can get these adjustable modern frag notifications. Don't know about kill beeps.

The gameclock can be set to countdown (for 2vs2, 10:00 to 0) or counting up (2vs2: from 00:00 to 10:00) with hud_gameclock_countdown 1/0.
hud_gameclock_big 1 should give you a huge gameclock in the 'red' health/ammo numbers.
2011-07-28, 16:26
3 posts

Jul 2011
ah nice.. a fully functional ingame hud editor. id software could learn a thing or two looking at the work the ezquake team has done cause this is way better than quakelives hud system lol
thanks for the help guys, got my stuff the way i want it now.
2011-07-28, 18:50
1435 posts

Jan 2006
As for the menus and preset HUDs, if you go to Options, config, load script, you get a listing of configs, where those starting with "hud" contain some preset HUDs.
  6 posts on 1 page  1