User panel stuff on forum
  8 posts on 1 page  1
Advanced Configuration
2011-05-07, 19:21
5 posts

Dec 2010
Well, I've been upgrading my computer lately, however, the results are as good as I expected them to be.

I've uploaded my winaudit log here:

http://h1.ripway.com/TeamXlink/EXPERIEN-46CEE5.html

I've tried to start completely fresh with the latest nightly build of EzQuake, but that didn't help much.
I've tried to disable all the effects and make a "minimal" setup to achieve the highest fps, but that wasn't successful either.

I think something might be bottle necking my system or that the default settings aren't optimal for my system.

I can run Quake III Arena, and achieve a better fps then I can with Quake.
2011-05-07, 20:21
386 posts

Apr 2006
There is a well known, perpetually unadressed problem with ATI drivers that inhibits OpenGL performance, in this case with regard to ezquake's dynamic lighting.

Before anyone digs any deeper into that mass of information you have provided, set r_dynamic 0 and see if that does anything to correct the problem.
2011-05-07, 20:49
5 posts

Dec 2010
Stev wrote:
There is a well known, perpetually unadressed problem with ATI drivers that inhibits OpenGL performance, in this case with regard to ezquake's dynamic lighting.

Before anyone digs any deeper into that mass of information you have provided, set r_dynamic 0 and see if that does anything to correct the problem.

Yes, I have removed turned off dynamic lightning, this is one of the first non bind/name settings I do in my configuration, it does make a difference however it isn't at the point where I expected it to be.

Thank you for the fast reply!

Also, I don't know if this is relevant or not, but earlier this week I upgraded from one gigabyte of ram (two 512mb sticks) too two one gigabyte sticks, (My motherboards max limit) the computer does detect them however, I didn't notice a big difference.
2011-05-08, 01:35
705 posts

Feb 2006
"Executable Path C:\Quake\D3Dqwcl.exe" ?
2011-05-08, 02:56
5 posts

Dec 2010
Thats not what I use, I just haven't went through the uninstall process of NQuake yet.

I've started from scratch.

I've tried the latest nightly EzQuake along with the stable version of EzQuake and both of them give the same results.
2011-05-08, 13:27
705 posts

Feb 2006
i don't see any problem here, quake3's renderer is way better than quake1's.
2011-05-08, 14:00
685 posts

Jul 2007
ruskie wrote:
i don't see any problem here, quake3's renderer is way better than quake1's.

Yep, this is normal. My old AGP rig can easily run Quake3 at max settings @ steady 125 fps but in QW I gotta turn off the eyecandy.
2011-05-08, 14:38
5 posts

Dec 2010
Well, I can't get a stable 125 fps in QuakeWorld with all of the eyecandy turned off.
  8 posts on 1 page  1