4 posts on 1 page  1
Other Tournaments
2011-01-05, 23:49
226 posts

Jun 2006
/////////////////
// QWL Now Hiring
/////////////////

Grump , pleuraXeraphim and I are currently in the process of trying to bring to life the idea of a QuakeWorld ladder being discussed here:
http://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4911
#qwl irc.quakenet.org

One of the things that we're going to need to make this work is a staff. Anyone that can volunteer their time to this project should post in this thread. Me and Grump are currently sitting in #QWL on irc.quakenet.org which will probably be the home channel for the ladder, come and join us and say hello as well as post in this thread if you're interested in joining the QWL team. We don't have a working product yet so job details may seem a bit cloudy.

Don't let a title hold you back from posting ideas and providing input for the project.

I'll just list the possible positions that we are in need of:

Title: Newswriter / Promoter
Jobs: Make news posts about the QWL on the QWL site or on other e-sports websites like esreality. Post title examples: "The Return of dag" , "A Detailed Look at the Top 10". You might also be writing about upcoming changes to the Ladder etc. The posts could be used to promote the ladder to get its existence known to a broader community using sites like Reddit or other gaming community forums. Other ways of promoting would be to join your favorite IRC gaming channels and simply message that channel about our Ladder.

Title: Referees / User Support
Jobs: Assist players with any issues they have using the IRC bot interface or web interface. Use an administration interface for editing matches that have been reported, editing users, deleting users, banning users etc. Watch for abuse of the IRC bot and report it to the people in charge who can do something about it. Possibly help shape the rules of the ladder. Report any bugs or forseeable problems with the ladder. You would need to have a good understanding of the QWL's rules, QuakeWorld's cleint commands, How to operate IRC, QWL's IRC bot interface.

Title: Graphics / XHTML / CSS Design Guys
Jobs: Help make the website look prettier using CSS/HTML and graphics designed in your preferred image editing software. Come up with custom images to improve the look and function of the website. Maybe also help with the readability of the IRC bots messages to users/channels.

-----

Current Staff:

Project Manager:
=====

foogs/fenris

Coders:
=====

pleuraxeraphim // QuakeWorld Stats http://stats.quakeworld.nu
Grump // QuakeWorld Duel League http://qwdl.geeky.cc/Default.aspx

Newswriters/Promoters:
=====

foogs/fenris
Rikoll
nix
GND

Referees/User Support:
=====

Rikoll
foogs
GND

Graphics / XHTML / CSS Design Guys:
=====

bps
foogs/fenris
--irc.quakenet.org #telefrag.me and #QWL | foogsQuakeWorld Ladder
2011-01-06, 11:00
188 posts

May 2007
Hey Fenris,

I would be interessted in being a promoter/newswriter. I will join #qwl this evening (CET) and have a talk with whoever is there.
2011-01-06, 11:06
459 posts

Mar 2008
I would like to volunteer. I really like the concept, and I wouldn't mind to spend some time getting this project on it's feet.

I think 2. might suit me the best, since I'm probably gonna be a very active player as well in such a thing as this. But if you think I could fit into the 1. position as well, I wouldn't mind. My English is far from perfect, but I think it's good enough to write decent news articles.

I'll drop by IRC later.
2011-01-08, 19:45
226 posts

Jun 2006
nix wrote:
Hey Fenris,

I would be interessted in being a promoter/newswriter. I will join #qwl this evening (CET) and have a talk with whoever is there.

Rikoll wrote:
I would like to volunteer. I really like the concept, and I wouldn't mind to spend some time getting this project on it's feet.

I think 2. might suit me the best, since I'm probably gonna be a very active player as well in such a thing as this. But if you think I could fit into the 1. position as well, I wouldn't mind. My English is far from perfect, but I think it's good enough to write decent news articles.

I'll drop by IRC later.

Awesome guys, updated this post.
--irc.quakenet.org #telefrag.me and #QWL | foogsQuakeWorld Ladder
  4 posts on 1 page  1