User panel stuff on forum
  16 posts on 1 page  1
European Quake League
2011-01-05, 09:43
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Can't someone make a h!o!t logo for EQLro that we can use in news items etc? Or at least a general EQL one (without season 12 )
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2011-01-05, 10:32
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
I kept the "Season 12" one because replacing it just with "Pro" looked quite lame - I can remove it tho, and if you need one for ESR, then I got a black one with the ESR overlay on it.

You can see the EQL12 version of the ESR one, here http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1992294
2011-01-05, 10:57
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Yeah it's for ESR and refragged and one without season 12 would be nice at least. I'm preparing esr news BTW so don't u do the same
2011-01-05, 11:08
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Hehe, I won't... But I will make you an inline image
2011-01-05, 12:01
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Sounds hothothot, dankie! (as the Afrikaans say)
2011-01-05, 13:31
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
http://dev.zalon.dk/EQL_esreality.png
http://dev.zalon.dk/EQL_fullsize.png

There you go, the fullsize i figured you could edit yourself for use on refragged
2011-01-05, 13:47
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Perfect, thanks. http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=2012368
2011-01-05, 13:57
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Good job, Åke!

Only sad part is the use of aliases for Valla, krab, Serox and fifi, else it's superb... However, if you repost it here, please correct those
2011-01-05, 14:34
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Zalon wrote:
Good job, Åke!

Only sad part is the use of aliases for Valla, krab, Serox and fifi, else it's superb... However, if you repost it here, please correct those

Well they might be familiar for us QW regulars but i thought as they all use their aliases in-game (at least in Krab's, Fifi's, XN's and Valla's case), i posted them just to be clear.

The Ojoj-guys on the other hand had aliases for every player but didn't play with those during the qualification rounds and it didn't look good, so i skipped em.
2011-01-05, 14:40
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Well, imho there is still a greater chance that people have heard of Serox and fifi, than Chris and marklar
2011-01-05, 14:45
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Yes, but they might scratch their head when they see the nicks in-game on Sunday
2011-01-05, 14:55
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Yeah well, we can't keep people from being lame, probably won't be long before someone changes their nick to an unpronounceable symbol.
2011-01-05, 21:47
485 posts

Feb 2006
Zalon wrote:
Yeah well, we can't keep people from being lame, probably won't be long before someone changes their nick to an unpronounceable symbol.

Why would you have to allow any nick changes? You could require same nick as the player's last EQL season, for example.

EQLro aims to be spectator friendly. Nick changing is the opposite.
2011-01-05, 22:10
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Kalma wrote:
Zalon wrote:

Why would you have to allow any nick changes? You could require same nick as the player's last EQL season, for example.

EQLro aims to be spectator friendly. Nick changing is the opposite.

I kinda agree actually. At least regarding the seemingly totally unnecessary aliases some people use (for example the Ojoj-aliases. I love you guys <3<3<3 but i just think it's unnecessary and "looks bad".)

That someone is entirely satisfied with their nick throughout their whole QW lifespan is perhaps too much to expect - you can change name even in real life - but some changes are just odd and not serious.
2011-01-06, 14:25
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
In reply to Kalma, I wasn't commenting on rules regarding nick changes, I was commenting in terms of coverage.

I always use the nick that the player is most known by, like those I mentioned and especially those two I highlighted. I also still use Valla instead of Nitram, this is not because Nitram isn't his original nickname, but because he was first widely known as Valla - If it was just about keeping the original names I should be calling him Reverend, or maybe he had one before that as well? I can't keep up. If ParadokS started using Svensker as his nick, I wouldn't be writing that in newsitems either.

In regards to EQL and clan names, OJOJ is a mix team and I understand why they wouldn't want to use the CMF or the tVS name for that, and we can't really hold them accountable for their lack of imagination.

The only time I've told a team that signed for EQL to change their clanname, was last season, when Psy wanted to participate as Pussy. I told them that they would either have to change it or stick to just the tag. The reasoning was that I did not want to be posting coverage on QW.nu/ESR and having to refer to them as Pussy.

I've tried to encourage players and clans to stick with names from previous seasons, but even sometimes whole clans wants to change name, often it's for lame reasons of trying to be funny. The only time I can remember where it made sense, was when Star Alliance (a clan without any history to it's name) changed name to Druidz.
2011-01-06, 17:22
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
I can accept the Ojoj clan name, but the individual aliases for each of the players they also added doesn't make much sense to me.
  16 posts on 1 page  1