User panel stuff on forum
  94 posts on 4 pages  First page1234Last page
Server Talk
2010-12-16, 12:26
Administrator
334 posts

Jan 2006
You seem to miss the point. This whole issue is about how to handle a "not 100% working feature". So instead of trying to address the ACTUALLY ROOT OF THE ISSUE, you bicker about having toggle or not, or split community in different servers etc., adding leagues in the mix also.

If you would consider and taking a look at the compromise I proposed, there is a good chance this could be a NON-ISSUE. The only reason this is an issue at all is because some ppl said they didn't like antilag. But it was a feature most felt would be best handled if it was same all over, and not a toggable feature.

Seems to be the most prudent solution is to tweak this feature so it meets both sides as best as possible, agree on it, get it installed and move on to more important matters.

For example the HORRID spawn settings in KTX.... why was the KTPRo spawn settings put aside, that I helped develop with rxr, that would avoid the endless spawn-telefrags we see in every dm3 game. Game changing events!
ready!
2010-12-16, 12:36
459 posts

Mar 2008
My post was simply a suggestion of a solution that would meet the demands of those wishing to play without antilag enabled. MVDSV isn't being developed atm, and qqshka don't want a toggle in KTX. Then it's up to the server admins to meet those demands if they wish. If they don't, well, too bad for those wanting servers without antilag. And yes, I still fail to see how a toggle is less dividing than a dedicated server, but maybe it is me who is plain dumb in this matter .

So to answer your question: Yes and no. I'm not opposed to the idea of toggle, and I actually think I suggested that solution in an earlier debate. But I'm opposed to that solution compared to a dedicated port as of now. If it was up to me, the antilag feature is good enough to be permanently ON on every server, but I'm also aware other players don't like antilag for a number of reasons. My goal with the post was simply to suggest a fast and good enough solution (imo) to the players wanting to play without antilag. It is very rare every port a server got is used at a given time anyway.

Personally, I like it the way it is now, and I think both a toggle and dedicated server ports are dividing the community to some degree. I also think it is weird that players like Time don't welcome this feature with open arms, but he is ofc entitled to whatever opinion he has about it, and the ones standing in his way to get it the way he want now, is the server admins the way I see it.

*** edit:
ParadokS wrote:
Seems to be the most prudent solution is to tweak this feature so it meets both sides as best as possible, agree on it, get it installed and move on to more important matters.

Medar has already stated he won't improve or change the current feature in any way. Something like a "take it or leave it". I'm definitely pro taking it.
2010-12-16, 12:49
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Rikoll wrote:
Personally, I like it the way it is now, and I think both a toggle and dedicated server ports are dividing the community to some degree.

I agree, and I would also rather see it either on or off on ALL servers, but that just isn't possible when people have such strong opinions both for and against it. Especially not when some of those are server admins.

However, I feel that a toggle is the better way to handle it, as everyone can then use all servers, instead of being limited to a few ports.

-------
ParadokS, you don't need to explain your post, I understand what you mean, but it's for another topic. People have already been heading off-topic here, and by starting a discussion regarding antilag as a feature, you aren't really helping in that regard. Bringing up the KTX spawn system isn't really on topic either, your ideas are fine, but please save em for another thread.
2010-12-16, 13:43
1329 posts

Apr 2006
ParadokS wrote:
Perhaps you can make it like fakeshaft? As I belive it works like this: cl_fakeshaft .5 will simulate 50% ping decrease of what you have on shaft visualization. ie. if you have 50ms, your shaft will look like 25ms.

sv_antilag_frac exists, so decimals can be used (ie. 0,3 or so).
Servers: Troopers
  94 posts on 4 pages  First page1234Last page