User panel stuff on forum
  24 posts on 1 page  1
Off Topic
2010-12-07, 17:48
685 posts

Jul 2007
Could any Swede confirm that in Sweden you are committing a crime when you, as a male, have sex with a woman without a condom??? That seems to be the charge for Julian Assange... and he's now arrested.

I don't know if ppl around here are aware of the Wikileaks vs US Government situation, but, from what I have read, Wikileaks put confidential documents online that give ppl around the world more insight of what the US has done in the past, and is still doing. I haven't got around to actually downloading the stuff, but I probably will.

Julian Assange, the boss of Wikileaks, has been arrested and the main wikileaks domain has been taken offline. Fortunately, multiple mirrors have been setup and the documents are being spread via torrent sites.

Even if Assange commited a crime, it should be seen as separate from what Wikileaks is doing imo. I mean, if the US commits crime on humanity, then I'd say that is no less important.
It seems to be another example of what happens when ppl want more government transparency and freedom.

http://wikileaks.ch/
http://www.swisswikileaks.ch/video.html
http://wikileaks.ch/mirrors.html
2010-12-07, 18:53
685 posts

Jul 2007
I forgot:

MasterCard, Visa and PayPal Cut Off WikiLeaks from receiving donations:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/atlantic/20101207/cm_atlantic/whymastercardvisaandpaypalarewrongtocutoffwikileaks6083_1

I mean, is this pathetic or what? I closed my PayPal account because of this weak bullshit.
2010-12-07, 20:39
398 posts

Feb 2006
megalodon wrote:
Could any Swede confirm that in Sweden you are committing a crime when you, as a male, have sex with a woman without a condom??? That seems to be the charge for Julian Assange... and he's now arrested.

Of course not, don't be silly.
Afaik the charges against him are that he took off the condom and then continued to fuck the girl despite the fact that she told him that she wouldn't fuck without it, hence rape.

The witch hunt going on right now with the US in the lead is absolutely horrible. I wouldn't either be suprised if he suddenly just disappears, but let's hope that won't happen!
2010-12-08, 00:53
685 posts

Jul 2007
OK, thanks for responding. I did find it a bit strange already.
2010-12-08, 00:57
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
megalodon, could you maybe link to a list of wikileaks mirrors instead of posting all of them? I don't wan't the forum to look like a link farm to searchengines...
2010-12-08, 01:55
685 posts

Jul 2007
Zalon wrote:
megalodon, could you maybe link to a list of wikileaks mirrors instead of posting all of them? I don't wan't the forum to look like a link farm to searchengines...

OK, but it defeats the purpose. I put this url up instead: http://wikileaks.ch/mirrors.html
But when .ch is taken down, ppl can't access any mirrors...
2010-12-08, 02:16
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
I know, but it seems like you are following it quite closely, you can probably manage to replace the url if needed

I also doubt that people come here to look for wikileaks mirrors
2010-12-08, 15:15
284 posts

Oct 2006
Hagge wrote:
The witch hunt going on right now with the US in the lead is absolutely horrible. I wouldn't either be suprised if he suddenly just disappears, but let's hope that won't happen!

They don't want him to become a martyr. Defaming the face of WL is much better. That way WL also loses credibility. And it's already working. News networks are talking about Sexual Assault and not even bothering to mention that the issue is a bit more complicated than that. And it's not like most people will do any background or fact checking. And most probably wouldn't even notice if Assange later gets totally acquitted, he's still a rapist!

If they kill him, WL won't stop, it would simply gain more traction.
2010-12-08, 15:51
News Writer
646 posts

Mar 2006
Theyre focusing on Assange just to get rid of wikileaks. Its funny how nobody brings up that wikileaks is bigger than Assange. Imho Assange is an honorable man and the world around him is corrupt.
2010-12-08, 15:52
398 posts

Feb 2006
Just read the following about the accusations:

First case: Assange is supposed to have used his body weight to make woman A "stay down" for sexual purposes.
Second case: Had sex with woman A without a condom against her will.
Third case: Sexual harassment against woman A.
Fourth case: Assange had sex with woman W without a condom while she was asleep.

Not really specific information and three of the cases is regarding the woman referred to as "woman A".

True indeed niomic. Will be interesting to follow the case and see what happends. In the Swedish news today there is a lot of talk about if Assange could be surrendered to the US. Don't think that could happen though
2010-12-08, 19:21
1435 posts

Jan 2006
The whole point is to get different news on the front pages, and the stuff that they don't want people to hear on pages number two or further. This trick is so unbelievably old, yet it works so well.
2010-12-08, 21:10
685 posts

Jul 2007
Hagge wrote:
In the Swedish news today there is a lot of talk about if Assange could be surrendered to the US. Don't think that could happen though

Don't count on it. Look at the Gary McKinnon case, the British guy who hacked into US military computers to search for info on Free Energy. Funny that he's also mentioned in the Wiki Cable files: http://www.freegary.org.uk/

It's a different story, but still... the US is not giving up easily on extradition stuff.
2010-12-08, 21:28
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
Gotta love conspiracy theories! This doesnt mean im pro- or anti- the worlds different governments, I just love conspiracy theories no matter what they are about They show the ingenuity and innovation in mankind

JFK
Moonlandings
Wikileaks
Jewish world domination plans

etc etc
Chosen
2010-12-08, 23:00
100 posts

Mar 2008
this is sad. Clinton should be in jail not Assagne.
2010-12-09, 06:39
252 posts

Dec 2006
As others have said, the rape charge is defamation for propaganda purposes, I don't reckon US power wouldn't risk pursuing punishment because it would lead to even greater solidarity of the world's people against their and US governments' policies, and more meaningful democracy in the US et al. If no one was punished for publishing the pentagon papers in '71, punishment today is even less probable because society is more civilised thanks to popular struggle.

US state actions have been condemned by the highest courts in the world, the international court of justice and the international criminal court, but there is no one to enforce that.
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
2010-12-09, 06:59
252 posts

Dec 2006
Hooraytio wrote:
Gotta love conspiracy theories! This doesnt mean im pro- or anti- the worlds different governments, I just love conspiracy theories no matter what they are about They show the ingenuity and innovation in mankind

JFK
Moonlandings
Wikileaks
Jewish world domination plans

etc etc

Conspiracy theories are beloved by governments the world over, they are cult obsessions, borne of a huge industry, that diverts energies that could be spent doing real work on real crimes. A pentagon document about declassification policy, proposed, among other things, that the pentagon should periodically declassify information about JFK's assasination because that would keep people on a wild goose chase.
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
2010-12-09, 08:05
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
Nice conspiracy theory there Runamok.foe
Chosen
2010-12-09, 16:03
News Writer
646 posts

Mar 2006
I think a key take home message here is that, yes, the last thing you can trust is women
2010-12-09, 18:17
398 posts

Feb 2006
The only thing I trust is my shaft Be
2010-12-09, 18:25
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
!phil wrote:
I think a key take home message here is that, yes, the last thing you can trust is women

I learned that watching gangster movies....
2010-12-09, 19:37
271 posts

Feb 2006
!phil wrote:

Or could have been to try to stop some nation from wanting to shoot the guy.
Or an offer to governments to be hated by their citizens. Its really good for getting attention though!
moo
2010-12-09, 20:11
News Writer
646 posts

Mar 2006
Spike wrote:
Or could have been to try to stop some nation from wanting to shoot the guy.
Or an offer to governments to be hated by their citizens. Its really good for getting attention though!

Does not compute.

What does compute is you shag some girls blalala then later you are a big public figure someone wants you out, so they give some money to your old girlfriends and suddenly you are a rapist and a child molestor
2010-12-09, 22:42
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Child molester now? when did that happen?
2010-12-10, 07:14
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
I heard he was a guest at MJ's once...
Chosen
  24 posts on 1 page  1