User panel stuff on forum
Index  ‹  Movies  ‹  NetQuake Movie
  4 posts on 1 page  1
Movies
2010-12-07, 03:59
2 posts

Dec 2010
Hi Everyone,

First I would like to say that I am not a QW player and I have only played NetQuake since 96. I really didnt know that QW was still this big and had this many people playing it. Second, i knew nothing about the quality of some of these quakeworld movies i have watched in the last week or so. Some of these movies are really great!!! CamQuake is an amazing video tool for making movies. I am thinking about switching to EZQuake just to use it. I know EZQuake is a QW Client only though but i think i can still play netQuake movies in it.

This is my first movie ever. It seems pretty average compared to most of the movies ive seen here. It is also really short. I hope you guys enjoy it, it looks like the movie section has been kind of dead/slow for a while. Maybe we can spark it back up again. I intend to make more movies and hopefully improve on them each time.

I know netquake is slow compared to QW and there arent as many airshots because of the physics difference so this might be a yawnfest to some of you.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXymjJgjax8
2010-12-07, 10:20
347 posts

Feb 2006
Hehe. Quite cool. It's no FDE2 or TFD2, but it's decent. The third person chasecam stuff is kind of annoying though. The free float camera positions are mostly well chosen, although it's a bit annoying when the cam strafes left-right. ;-)
2010-12-07, 17:08
2 posts

Dec 2010
hey Raz0!

thanks for the compliments! Yeah the camera thing is annoying. This is unfortunately the problems i am dealing with using the NQ clients i have. When you find good clips to use and you want to shoot the action in free form and break away from the player, then you get these annoying strafe issues with the camera. Basically the camera still thinks it is attached to the player somehow and instead of the camera just sitting there watching the action, it will randomly move left or right. This only happens when trying to record a clip from a previously recorded demo but as any movie maker knows, this is how you get your content. Rare it is to find a cool demo with multiple angles recorded. Most of the time i find good demos with 1st/3rd pov recorded. So to get better shots i have to move the camera around within the demo but this causes that strafing issues sometimes.

If you were referring to the one clip of the green ground and 10+ players fighting, then yes that was me strafing on purpose. It didnt really come out the way i had planned it but at the time i needed some "filler" content and just left it in there.

Thanks again raz0
2010-12-07, 17:12
347 posts

Feb 2006
Ah, wasn't aware that it was a technical issue. Guess I'm just too accustomed to QW, where you have all POVs and can first-person chasecam any player.
  4 posts on 1 page  1