User panel stuff on forum
  10 posts on 1 page  1
Movies
2010-11-14, 04:17
32 posts

Mar 2006
Oh Hey! So. I was doing some websearching for something today, I forget what. But I cam across "The Seal of Nehahra." I remember it, but don't remember anything about it. I watched it when it was released, but would LOVE to watch it again. I got the files from http://www.archive.org/details/The_Seal_Of_Nehahra , but I'm having an issue I'd like to try to get resolved:

When I toss nehahra.exe and the folder in my base quake dir, and try to run the exe, I get this message:

You must have the registered version to use modified games.

I was puzzled, as I THOUGHT I was still using my original quake folder I've had since way back. So I went digging in my closet and found my quake1 cd, still in great condition(very little/light scratches), and copied over everything and tried running it, but get the same error message.

I havnt tried running it on my other pc(windows xp), as I'm in the process of formating and re-setting it up.

BTW, I'm running win 7 64-bit ultimate. I have no other issues with any of the other quake clients.

Thanks for any help!
-wang
2010-11-19, 04:55
32 posts

Mar 2006
Update. I tested this on my windows XP(32 bit) machine, and get the exact same error. Also tried it on my brothers PC(also xp pro) and same thing. Any ideas?
-wang
2010-11-19, 09:46
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Use FTE instead, there is a good chance that it can run Nehahra and probably won't give you those errors. It might give you some other errors tho, but those you can just ignore.
2010-11-19, 16:01
132 posts

Mar 2006
Use darkplaces instead!
Mine do no spaek engrish!
2010-11-19, 16:27
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
But then he won't get random errors? :/
2010-11-19, 23:58
32 posts

Mar 2006
So how do I use darkplaces to play it?
-wang
2010-11-20, 00:01
32 posts

Mar 2006
BTW i'm talking about the movie "the seal of nehahra," not the mod.
-wang
2010-11-20, 01:57
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Had to download and test, but this works for me: darkplaces.exe -nehahra

- Then escape and select "Play Demo", this will show you all of the chapters

Other option to make it autostart the movie is: darkplaces.exe -nehahra +playdemo intro

- Now I just need to find 4 hours to rewatch this epic piece of machinima
2010-11-21, 20:33
32 posts

Mar 2006
Thanks Zalon, that worked! Now all I gotta do is replace all the textures with high-res ones, and we have ourselves a modern film!
-wang
2011-02-12, 01:19
1 post

Feb 2011
Cool! Thanks for this thread! I'd been wondering how exactly that was done for a long time now, until I just found this thread via Google.

But I have a question. I now know how to start and run The Seal of Nehahra movie from the beginning via the latest version of DarkPlaces. But, ya know, that movie's nearly four hours long! I'm afraid I can't always watch it straight through in a single sitting.

So I guess what I need is to be able to see a list of it's "chapters" so that I can fill in the name of whatever one (into a shortcut or command-line or whatever) that I want to resume viewing from.

For example: I just watched up to where the strange xenomorph was killed by the over-reactive religious soldier, and want to resume on my next viewing to just after that where the atrocious Major Bent speaks to his Congressman father via the phone.

Thanks!
  10 posts on 1 page  1