User panel stuff on forum
  17 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2010-03-19, 20:26
Administrator
384 posts

Dec 2006
1) A variable controlling the cursor sensitivity when in menus, independent of game sensitivity. Fairly low priority as not many players use mouse in menu I expect.
2) Some kind of interface whereby you can connect to QTV from the server browser. Obviously, this would also need some kind of serverside change also whereby the server can report its QTV address (maybe using serverinfo?). Probably the most practical/useful of these suggestions.
3) The most ambitious suggestion: A 'demo library' kind of feature whereby you can create a big index of demo metadata, kinda like a media library you see for WMP etc. Then you can search on criteria like games involving particular team or player names, games where player XYZ made over 100 frags etc. Obviously, there would need to be some kind of demo-parsing utility that you would run against your demo archive in order to build up the metadata index. Alternatively as perhaps a simpler 'phase 1' solution, maybe you could have it so that when new mvds are recorded, the server appends metadata to the .mvd to facilitate this kind of thing just for new demos.
2010-03-19, 20:45
386 posts

Apr 2006
#1 Exists with scr_cursor_sensitivity.
#2 Sounds pretty useful. It beats tabbing back and forth between the qtv page all the time.
#3 Sounds like a really fucking awesome thing for people with thousands of demos stretching back over 14 years of qw, as many of us are. I can never find the demos I want.
2010-03-19, 22:20
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
for #3 there is the mvdparser, it should be able to generate such data
2010-03-20, 01:17
462 posts

Jan 2006
I'll add to the list: the ability to use weapon and ammo macros with weapon scripts. It would be nice to be able to check if you have weapon and ammo for wpn specific settings.
2010-03-20, 01:51
132 posts

Mar 2006
Do use appropriate place to this stuff - http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=117445&atid=678562
Mine do no spaek engrish!
2010-03-20, 02:38
115 posts

Mar 2006
#2 will be in the next fodquake release
one of the good guys! so please don't ban - jogi.netdome.biz
2010-03-20, 10:18
312 posts

Feb 2006
Why can't I move my mouse when console is on? I remember bitching about it earlier, and it got somewhat fixed quickly afterwards. Now it's back in 2.01 stable.
2010-03-21, 12:10
198 posts

Oct 2006
Hi guys,

I've been using the built in "weaponscript" rather than the alias for quite a while now, but I have the impression the alias was a bit more reliable. Nevertheless, since the client "knows" whether it dropped an RL or not, do you think it could report that? Like the frag messages - a box when you died "shit, you dropped an RL" appearing up in front.
2010-03-21, 17:03
Administrator
384 posts

Dec 2006
@AAS: I'd rather just get preliminary discussions done before logging a formal change request, for example #1 is already implemented, and #2/#3 need a better specification rather than just an initial idea to muse over as they are at the moment. I'll log them properly sometime however.

Suggestion #4: Very simple one this time - make /playdemo relative to $demo_dir
2010-03-21, 17:25
164 posts

Apr 2007
I would like to see some stats on players, like in broodwar

I type /stats bps and it shows wins loss disconnects

Just a fun thing, ppl might get more serious when they play when they have stats to take care of=)
2010-03-21, 17:27
485 posts

Feb 2006
HangTime wrote:
Suggestion #4: Very simple one this time - make /playdemo relative to $demo_dir

alias playdemorel "playdemo $demo_dir/%1"
2010-03-22, 00:49
Administrator
384 posts

Dec 2006
@Locktar: that has to be more of a serverside thing to be any use, maybe an extension to stats.quakeworld.nu would be better in any case
@Kalma: thanks for the workaround, didn't know I could use %1 %2 etc arguments in aliases
2010-03-23, 15:10
News Writer
309 posts

Sep 2006
I would like to have more control over the simpleitems issue, ex. to leave weapons as they are and have only ammo and armors or mega altered/switched.

Moreover, the possibility to change colours of the simpleitems would be also great. We can change the colour of lava/water/walls so far so further improvwements would be most welcome.
2010-03-23, 15:41
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Kapitan Kloze wrote:
I would like to have more control over the simpleitems issue

You have all the control you want

Kapitan Kloze wrote:
ex. to leave weapons as they are and have only ammo and armors or mega altered/switched.

Just delete the simpleitem files for those you want to stay as models, I do this for PENT, QUAD and RING on the live stream.

Kapitan Kloze wrote:
Moreover, the possibility to change colours of the simpleitems would be also great.

Just edit the colors of the simple item files, should be easy enough.

One thing I would like to see regarding simpleitems, is that they would support alpha channels other than just transparent/not transparent.
2010-03-23, 16:31
Administrator
67 posts

Jan 2007
Quote:
2) Some kind of interface whereby you can connect to QTV from the server browser. Obviously, this would also need some kind of serverside change also whereby the server can report its QTV address (maybe using serverinfo?). Probably the most practical/useful of these suggestions.

Yes this would be awsome.

I have created server aliases to make connecting to QTV-streams easier (not perfect, but better than nothing) and I recently created a script that automaticly generates the aliases from the QTV RSS feed, available at the QTV website if you click the link "Server Aliases" (http://qtv.quakeworld.nu/aliases.php).

You might have to refresh the link, it seems like they aren't generated at every request (it should look like this).
2010-03-23, 18:32
News Writer
309 posts

Sep 2006
Zalon wrote:
Just delete the simpleitem files for those you want to stay as models, I do this for PENT, QUAD and RING on the live stream.

Well, I happen to have this pack - http://gfx.quakeworld.nu/details/311/simple-style-gwep-models/ - and I deleted all files connected with Mega and it didnt make any difference. I deleted .pngs from bmodels directory as well.
2010-03-24, 15:16
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Kapitan Kloze wrote:
Zalon wrote:

Well, I happen to have this pack - http://gfx.quakeworld.nu/details/311/simple-style-gwep-models/ - and I deleted all files connected with Mega and it didnt make any difference. I deleted .pngs from bmodels directory as well.

That pack is not simpleitems, it holds simplified models. The simpleitems are in a pk3 in the ezQuake dir... What I wrote will work, unless you have multiple paks with multiple simpleitems in them.

If you can't get it to work, clean up your quake dir or make a clean nQuake install and try with that, but let's not go more off-topic here
  17 posts on 1 page  1