User panel stuff on forum
  47 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Off Topic
2010-02-27, 00:02
1 post

Oct 2009
hello, as stupid as this sounds, i would only be interested in quake world if the satanic influences were removed, or if the game was toned down to quake live/deathmatch classic standards.

I was asking if there were any mods for people like me who want to play arguably the best fps of all time, without the satanic influence.

Here are my minimal requirements (assuming that i use dmc maps for only lan play)

pentagram of protection removed/replaced entirely (no 666 Armour, pent model replaced by something more neutral [like the dmc invun model which was a horned lambda, but hopefully even less evil then that] )

no pentagram on the corner of the loading screen

nine inch nails reference removed from ammo pack

if i wanted to go on online servers, i would also like

ALL Satanic references removed (even in custom maps)

grey blood (make it look like oil or something)

funny gibs ala german versions of half life, dmc, tf2 ect.

and thats it. Man i hope people don't think im trolling or am an idiot.
2010-02-27, 00:53
462 posts

Jan 2006
Danfun64 wrote:
Man i hope people don't think im trolling or am an idiot.

Well, at least I do.

Be
2010-02-27, 01:24
1754 posts

Jan 2006
err, use ezquake and use the graphic setting that is "poor quality"(can't remember the real name) and you'll have bright colors instead of grey dark stuff

edit: doubt pent-model will be modified tho..
2010-02-27, 01:27
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Danfun64 wrote:
nine inch nails reference removed from ammo pack

What is wrong with NIN? How is that a reference to anything bad?
2010-02-27, 01:30
485 posts

Feb 2006
Well... Re-texturing is not hard to do (hud, map and item textures). Most graphics editing programs don't have satanic symbols, so you can do that yourself. Changing the pent model would disqualify you from competitive play.

...or just relax a little.
2010-02-27, 01:30
News Writer
169 posts

Dec 2007
A lot of those can be replaced by stuff over at gfx.quakeworld.nu
2010-02-27, 07:16
386 posts

Apr 2006
With "gl_simpleitems 1" even the pent can be replaced, you can turn off gibs, blood colour can be changed and all two-dimensional images and textures can be replaced.
2010-02-27, 09:46
253 posts

Nov 2007
Geez... in christianity the pentagram gives protection against the evil... in your school wasnt a required reading Faust from Goethe?

Reznor announced a couple of years ago that no need to imagine different meanings behind the NIN name. Its just 3 words which sounds good together.
cheat 2 win!
2010-02-27, 09:52
344 posts

Nov 2006
I'm interested.. are those occasional satanic references in Quake honestly offending some people? Really? I mean you are going to play a game where you shoot rockets into peoples throats and scatter their guts to the walls and ceilings! No matter if the blood is red or gray. And WTF is wrong with NIN? They are more tame than Ozzy Osbourne..

Then again.. there is Nerf Arena Blast.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akgC96Tlaec
2010-02-27, 11:09
401 posts

Mar 2006
Try Team Fortress 2 and find a Christian server. There are plenty.
2010-02-27, 12:30
29 posts

May 2006
Tuna wrote:
I'm interested.. are those occasional satanic references in Quake honestly offending some people? Really? I mean you are going to play a game where you shoot rockets into peoples throats and scatter their guts to the walls and ceilings! No matter if the blood is red or gray. And WTF is wrong with NIN? They are more tame than Ozzy Osbourne..

Then again.. there is Nerf Arena Blast.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akgC96Tlaec

There is also Nexuiz which has a console variable called cl_gentle that removes all blood, gibs, corpses, changes hit effects, death messages... And that game never had depictions of Satan or crucified Jesus on the walls to begin with.

That said, Nexuiz is not QuakeWorld.

Now, for me the intentionally shocking images throughout Quake are a crowning achievement in gaming, and I wouldn't have it any other way, anyone who can not handle these images is denying parts of their own belief system and needs to re-examine how they see the world, there is nothing harmful here, harm is in the eye of the beholder.
2010-02-27, 14:12
15 posts

Dec 2006
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1052860

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40167

2010-02-27, 15:02
253 posts

Nov 2007
oh! Hail Satan for these great links!
cheat 2 win!
2010-02-27, 15:46
15 posts

Dec 2006
http://picasaweb.google.com/phil.nyc/DHS092?authkey=Gv1sRgCKb4r9yLwsqp5AE#5347156444448637858
2010-02-27, 16:24
357 posts

Nov 2008
Danfun64: Can i ask you why?

Symbols are just neutral objects, unless you give them a meaning.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
2010-02-27, 17:27
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
from steampowered forums:

"I should warn you that this game is called 'Deathmatch Classic', and as such, it does involve a certain level of violence. Also, there is a picture of a lion in one level, which might be scary for some people."

i died a little
Chosen
2010-02-27, 18:20
569 posts

Feb 2006
Why are half of you mocking the topic? Grow up dudes.

Maybe there is a parent or a grandmother or whatever that doesnt like the original quake-theme.
2010-02-27, 18:33
253 posts

Nov 2007
Willghurt, pls notice that the guy is so sanctimonious....
sorry Danfun64 but just think about it, you have problems with the wall/item texures but have no problem with the original ideology of deathmatch itself... :E
cheat 2 win!
2010-02-27, 18:54
85 posts

May 2007
Omg, there is negative things in every day life! We must censor every day life!
Str8 Outta Ritoniemi!
2010-02-27, 18:55
462 posts

Jan 2006
Willgurht wrote:

Because it's so stupid. Don't be so sensitive, less stupid things have been made fun of. If you don't want to be ridiculed, the least you could do is give a reasonable explanation to be asking something this silly.
2010-02-27, 20:21
569 posts

Feb 2006
blAze wrote:
Willgurht wrote:

Because it's so stupid. Don't be so sensitive, less stupid things have been made fun of. If you don't want to be ridiculed, the least you could do is give a reasonable explanation to be asking something this silly.

when I was 15, i remember a friend of age 13-14 not being allowed to play quake any longer when his parents saw the pent on dm3. This might be similiar logic that blames videogames for schoolshootings, but the consequence was that he would have to play starcraft instead.

I imagine the reasons for the request is because their gonna play the game at some place where satanic/2 much violence would not be allowed.
2010-02-27, 20:35
1329 posts

Apr 2006
It looks like the author of this thread is actually joining messageboards to "spread the word" and his "beliefs".

danfun64 wrote:
I was asking if there were any mods for people like me who want to play arguably the best fps of all time, without the satanic influence.

No, there isn't, at least any modern ones that represent QW these days.

I am going to quote time!
time! wrote:
Symbols are just neutral objects, unless you give them a meaning.

That being said, noone is going to make you evil-less version of the QuakeWorld textures/models/maps unless you do it yourself. The scene has played this game since 1996, and you must really be the first one to have a problem with satanic content, whatever that means. If there was a real problem, wouldn't someone had made changes in the past 14 years because of it?

Even if our rules don't disallow religious content specifically, this thread seems to take it to another level. There's no place for so called "religious rant" on these forums, so don't waste your breath with it from now on. This is your first and last warning.

Also, this is wrong forum. Moving to offtopic.
Servers: Troopers
2010-02-27, 20:57
1435 posts

Jan 2006
It's about CCGaming.com, group which runs (modified?) servers and somehow insert Christianity beliefs into the game via "TeamSpeak Bible Study" sessions where, as I got it, some invited person tells others his views.

In my opinion children should be protected from all way-too-serious Christian- (and other religious-) groups which have very dogmatic views about Jesus Christ or other entities and tend to insert these dogma believes into the minds of children. I mean if the parents are so indoctrinated and put their children to some of those christian schools/nurseries where they are told that Jesus Christ is the ultimate answer to everything, then what can we do.

But the more I think about this particular concept - running a game server and then telling stuff to random children on TeamSpeak, the more concerned I am. Under the image of "protecting someone from evil" such things are actually happening, maybe even in most cases without the parents' knowing what their children are actually facing.

To be fair, I don't know how far ccgaming.com guys are taking it or what are the intentions of Danfun64, I hope I'm just exaggerating the consequences.
2010-02-27, 23:59
485 posts

Feb 2006
It's deceitful how you didn't tell where you come from and have people help you with your dubious scheme. Lying is fine as long you are trying to convert people? Typical...
2010-02-28, 14:20
132 posts

Mar 2006
Just wondering to what "X axe-murdered Y" death message will be changed in that wanna-be-good christian-oriented version of QW.
X pushed Y to heaven with hard praying and axe?
Mine do no spaek engrish!
2010-02-28, 14:50
485 posts

Feb 2006
Satan's power deflects Danfun64's telefrag.
2010-02-28, 15:41
303 posts

Jun 2007
I think Quakelive have as much Satan in it as QW.

But seriously, think about it. There is nothing satanic in JCh painting on the wall - this is no more satanic than paintings in nearest church. NIN have nothing to do with Satan. Blood is not satanic - and if it is, all surgeons should be devil worshippers by now. And God is satanic because he created blood! Pent is symbol with lot of meanings, just like swastika.

Who am i joking. We are all devil worshippers. I just ate fried cat for dinner and drank orphan's blood instead of wine. Then me and my girlfriend (she is succubus btw) had sex in pile of dead maggots. Tonight i'm going to nearest cementery to dig some bodies and fed them to my hellhound. And tommorow is a big day, me and couple of friends are going to summon Belphegor.

That said, i'm so glad i've jumped off the ship called religion years ago and choose to get my life in my own hands instead of waiting for someone who i've never saw and have no proof he exist to tell me what to do.
2010-02-28, 19:32
685 posts

Jul 2007
To the religious person:

Before judging QW to be influenced by Satanism (or something) I think you should seriously take a look at the root of religion. If Jesus really existed (and he might have), I think he would NEVER have wanted a religion because religion goes against most of what he taught. Horrible things were done in the name of religion and are still being done.

Also: If you believe in God, then you should accept that we all are Gods as well. I mean, how can God not have Godlike children? That's an interesting thought for a religious person to think about I'd say. It's even in the Bible that Jesus says "Ye are gods!". So don't take my word for it, take His word for it. This would also mean that we are responsible for our own actions and therefore can't blame God or Satan for things we don't like. I do think you can blame other people (Gods) for things you don't like though, because some people are definitely screwing up the world.
2010-02-28, 20:41
303 posts

Jun 2007
In my opinion religion is for weak people who avoid responsibility and are afraid of life. It gives them false hope that they are safe because God watch over them. Some are taking it so far that even if their whole ife is f****ed up they call it "test". Honestly, if i would have proof that God(s) exist, i would never worship him because of what our world looks like and how imperfect we are. Sometimes i feel bad that i don't believe, because i have nobody to blame for my or other people mistakes and all things that just happen and nobody have influence on them.
2010-03-01, 09:42
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
Did you notice that he never posted a 2nd time, he just threw a torch and an anti?-religious flood was started
Chosen
  47 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page