User panel stuff on forum
  5 posts on 1 page  1
Quakeworld Kenya Collective
2009-10-22, 18:31
News Writer
169 posts

Dec 2007
Well we can without doubt say that we failed this week. I personally think there are several reason for this and I would like to hear everyones opinion. To start with advertisement, the biggest difference between this week and the last week is probably that the last week was posted on QW.nu frontpage. My hope was that those who enjoyed the first week would look forward to the next week, sign up and hype it to other players. This obviously didn't happen and I was a bit naive.

The second issue that comes to mind is the map. The map name is not the sexiest or the easiest to remember. I know I personally prefer maps that have easy to remember names and if it had been called Green_Mayhem I would have found it easier to remember and liked it a bit more. It also has a DM4 feel, which I think should make it more popular as DM4 is popular but then again everyone hates to learn DM4 but loves to play it once they know how, so maybe its that.

What do you guys think? The people who didn't sign up, why not and is there anything we can do to make you want to play in KTK?

Well I will start preparing next week now, I hope we will all have a blast on dakdm4b.
2009-10-22, 18:39
Administrator
181 posts

Jan 2006
it was dissapointing to see so many players signing up and then won't show up at all. that really lowers the quality of a tournament. i guess most of you probably got your reasons and that's fine, but please make a post in the forum next time to let us know you're cancelling your signup. that will make things so much easier for other players and admins.

cheers to everybody that that let us know they were running late.
2009-10-22, 20:34
357 posts

Nov 2008
Time to be sorry. Well i was out all whole evening, and you will ask me: So why you didn't come back just in time to play? or even more obvious: Why didn't you anounced that you aren't going to play? TBH i totally forgot about the tourney, that make me feel bad :<, but well, i remember playing more than 5 days doomed.bsp while only played once rgb_green_beta2.bsp, and that was last week iirc. Also, no one playing it around, i remember looking for some servers running doomed.bsp the day before the tourney... Was all unintentionally, liked to play that one. But, i'm not going to play next week, first because i may fail and ruin the game like today and second because i hate dakdm4b. Never played it but jumping around looks and feels horrible IMHO. Sorry for all, and be honest people!
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
2009-10-22, 20:46
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Couldn't participate this time even if I wanted.
Anyway, the map looked a bit boring to me. Compared to doomed it looks very simple - both by the selection of textures and the overall design.
2009-10-23, 08:17
News Writer
283 posts

Jan 2007
Hi,

PR yes was a big thing - a quick note on qw.nu would be great, maybe with a few shots of the map and a summary of its style/history or whatever to spark more interest. I didn't see it publicised with .spam much either... maybe getting a couple of previous winners to prac on the map and .spam the QTV address saying that it's next week's KTK map would get more people interested too.

The map I would say is good but not great - the 100h is a risky take, similar to dm4, but the RA next to the teleporter is quite annoying I find - perhaps a tele from near MH going up to where the RA tele comes out would've been more appropriate. Also what's the little kink in the edge of the pathway from YA to rockets for? It just annoys me by occasionally catching my rockets and negating any spash damage I may have caused.

Personally I couldn't wait to play yesterday and had been looking forward to it since last Thursday! Not sure why more haven't caught the Kenya bug that should be going around at this time of year. Cheers to admins for running it still, hope next week is more successful but unfortunately I won't be able to make it - only able to make every other week from now.
  5 posts on 1 page  1