User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2009-07-26, 01:24
50 posts

Jul 2009
Was browsing the forums when i came across "def's quakeworld setup" which basically contained his C:/Quake zipped, so you could try out exactly how def plays without gathering configs/wads/charsets/etc and thought it was an awesome idea, and could be really helpful for newer players like myself, So this is a kind of request for other top-level players to do the same. I have webspace where i could make a dir for this, ty in advance

personal requests; locktar, mawe, goblin, reppie, interceptor, xantom, locust, bps

EDIT by Renzo:

Since our rules prohibit sharing copyrighted material, all "packages" must come without ID's .paks that contain any intellectual property.

edit by dab: note, i know that using any other persons setup wont improve my own game at-all, im just curious to see how the top pleyers have it setup.
2009-07-26, 03:35
347 posts

Feb 2006
It's cool to see really good players' setups, but don't kid yourself. You won't become good like reppie by using his setup. Actually I don't think seeing other players' setups is going to help newbies much if at all. You really need to find controls that work for YOU instead. Then you need to go practice, practice, practice.
2009-07-26, 04:35
370 posts

Mar 2008
Well said, yes try to find out what is best for you. It might take awhile to find the best controls for you, but it is worth doing if you are serious when you play. I mostly play for fun, I like to win but I don't care when I loose because I know it's just a game. Oh wait, it's not just a game...IT'S QUAKE!
2009-07-26, 07:55
1435 posts

Jan 2006
HUD elements arrangement is stored in the config, so are control bindings, scripts and all other stuff. There's a config section on qw.nu with configs from lots of people.
You think charset or textures will affect how well you play?
2009-07-26, 09:54
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
JohnNy_cz wrote:
[...]
You think charset or textures will affect how well you play?

Of course it will, a good texture set makes me more inspired when i play!
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2009-07-26, 13:55
50 posts

Jul 2009
as i've edited in my first post, i know using someone else's config will not help me play better or improve, yet maybe there is some things that others use, that i dont know about yet, that could infact improve my play. I think this has been taken in the wrong sense
  6 posts on 1 page  1