User panel stuff on forum
  131 posts on 5 pages  First page12345Last page
QW.nu polls
2009-07-06, 20:34
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
Stev i didnt ask for it to not be changed in my post, i am just curious as to how so few votes can be used to decide upon ANY change and also with such a small margin...
Chosen
2009-07-06, 20:46
386 posts

Apr 2006
Hooraytio wrote:
Stev i didnt ask

Don't confuse me with that windmill-worshipper. :<
2009-07-06, 20:46
119 posts

Sep 2007
Hooraytio wrote:
Stev i didnt ask for it to not be changed in my post, i am just curious as to how so few votes can be used to decide upon ANY change and also with such a small margin...

neh, my point was, in this particular case, its an open and shut issue.
but it shouldnt be decided like this in other more critical issues.
as far as im concerned this is an old relic issue that people didnt even notice when it was put in place.
im fern btw hei :-o
2009-07-06, 22:31
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
sry im tired

and yeah im talking about all decisions, either get many ppl to vote or just fucking decide anyway, if too few ppl vote then dont present the results since its bullshit to base a decision on such a small vote anyway
Chosen
2009-07-06, 22:56
119 posts

Sep 2007
Hooraytio wrote:
sry im tired

and yeah im talking about all decisions, either get many ppl to vote or just fucking decide anyway, if too few ppl vote then dont present the results since its bullshit to base a decision on such a small vote anyway

ye fair enough ;]
2009-07-07, 06:11
252 posts

Dec 2006
Renzo wrote:
...And there are lots of stuff that haven't been mentioned and they do change the gameplay, but noone is even told about those. Only a select few select people seem to know that kind of changes, mostly developers and/or the people following the development...

Can you give a list please?

Isn't cl_idrive (movement alternation automation) less 'enabled' now than it was in the form of a script, as you can no longer enable it without being able to check whether it's enabled and ban it with ruleset.

And fakeshaft type effect was always possible to have with crosshair or custom HUD scripts...
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
2009-07-07, 09:08
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Runamok.foe wrote:
Can you give a list please?

I can give you a few examples, but I'm not going to compile a list because it would take too much time going over changelogs (svn/cvs commits) over the years on all server-, mod-, and clientside.

But for example: You can no longer bore against dead bodies or body parts. LG discharge is always upwards allowing discharge jump from lava. Cm_hulltrace, fixes player/world collisions, also fixes nades through walls bug in dm2 (noone probably never used this one). Telefragging code has been rewritten because of bugs (you can no longer run to a telefrag after it has occurred). Some parts of the physics code has been fixed to be KTPro like (there were some differences for years). And those are only the ones I remember from server-/mod-side if I have to think fast (these were in last release). Also allowing people to play with ezQuake 2.0 alphas in leagues is kinda bad, because there can and will be new features that could be considered cheaty before people consider them for a while. Also some bug might allow interesting stuff to be made.

What's most important is the fact that most of this stuff is are side-effects from a bugfixes, not intentional feature changes. Sometimes realizing what happened might take a long time.
Servers: Troopers
2009-07-07, 09:23
132 posts

Mar 2006
I didn't read whole topic, so maybe someone posted it. There is one more thing you probably forgot about - rocketjump acceleration now is fixed, since damage causing speed gain is fixed. And this is great!
Mine do no spaek engrish!
2009-07-07, 14:59
569 posts

Feb 2006
AAS wrote:
I didn't read whole topic, so maybe someone posted it. There is one more thing you probably forgot about - rocketjump acceleration now is fixed, since damage causing speed gain is fixed. And this is great!

isnt rocketjumps splash?
2009-07-08, 04:07
132 posts

Mar 2006
Willgurht
Awww, I forgot that we're talking about direct hits only :/
You ruined all my wishes (:
Mine do no spaek engrish!
2009-07-08, 08:27
252 posts

Dec 2006
Renzo wrote:
...You can no longer bore against dead bodies or body parts.

!!! I would have voted against that for sure! It has been a plentiful source of fun over the years, and IMO it should be the price you pay for using instant body hide. Can bodies still push buttons etc? The dead body trajectory was deterministic right? I never knew gibs were solid.
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
  131 posts on 5 pages  First page12345Last page