User panel stuff on forum
  3 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2008-03-30, 07:31
19 posts

Mar 2008
I'm running ThunderWalker CTF mod with ez-quake and, by default the mod uses old low res player skins twred.pcx and twblue.pcx. I want to replace those with new high-res png skins that I have, but I have no idea how. You can manually set the skins for teamskin and enemyskin in ez-quake, but that's not what I want to do, because then you'd have to change them around depending on which team you are on.

I tried increasing the resolution on the pcx files and then pasting in the new skins, but that doesn't work because I guess the game is expecting a lower res graphic, so it can't load the skin.

Seems like such a simple thing to change but I can't figure it out so far...

Thanks!
2008-03-30, 20:52
19 posts

Mar 2008
Aha... I figured it out (with a suggestion from someone on another forum).

What you have to do is delete the Twred.pcx and Twblue.pcx files and just drop in the Twred.png and Twblue.png and then the game loads those instead.
2008-03-31, 05:36
19 posts

Mar 2008
Now I have a bit of a problem in that it seems that sometimes guys have the wrong skin showing. So if it's like a 4v4, you'll see like 5 blue guys and 3 red. But actually one of the blue guys is actually on the red team. I wonder if there is a setting or something (like maybe allocating more ram or something??) that would stop this from happening...
  3 posts on 1 page  1