User panel stuff on forum
  8 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2008-02-25, 11:00
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Would it be possible to have like top 20 highscores for all the maps on FFA servers? I realize it would be a bit gimmicky and that a score highly depends on what kind of players you're playing against, but still.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2008-02-25, 12:09
370 posts

May 2006
You have to agree on time played, I once got quite some frags ranked up on DM2 on the FFA server, but that was in 19 minutes someone might've reached the same in only 10 minutes.
Custom maps for the show, episodes for the pro.
2008-02-25, 12:41
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
I guess a problem might be the next_map votes then - people fucking things up for the sheer joy of it. :p if you're only late for a game though, then i can't see a reason to "adjust" the 10-minute-player's result. Maybe give him some credit by logging the time played next to the result too.
2008-02-25, 12:43
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Also spawning with weapons from previous maps would get even more attention i guess. ;p
2008-02-25, 13:26
370 posts

May 2006
Ake Vader wrote:
Also spawning with weapons from previous maps would get even more attention i guess. ;p

Yea, if it is possible to get a ranking score thing this will be under severe discussion indeed
Custom maps for the show, episodes for the pro.
2008-02-25, 14:25
88 posts

Oct 2006
if someone has the bandwidth to spare, i think i still have some very basic scripts laying around that can do the trick: just poll all known ffa server every 10 seconds or so and log the scores. go through the data once in a while to figure out when map changes have occured and crunch the results a bit. you risk missing a few frags a the end of each map though: it works a bit better for longer games basically.

in fact, i think this is what the CLQ used to do.
2008-02-25, 16:34
9 posts

Nov 2006
Ake Vader wrote:
Would it be possible to have like top 20 highscores for all the maps on FFA servers? I realize it would be a bit gimmicky and that a score highly depends on what kind of players you're playing against, but still.

I've been tossing around a similar idea with fastest flag capture times in ktx.

I think it could be done fairly easily. Basically there would be a simple data file on the server side which logged the high scores. If that file exists ktx would read it in each time the server restarts. At the end of each level the file would be updated if any high score changed. Players could then print out the high scores for the current level with some /highscores or /fastestcaps command similar to /lastscores. Perhaps /highscores [level] would print the high scores for that level and a null param would assume current level.
2008-02-25, 16:55
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
hiro wrote:
Ake Vader wrote:

I've been tossing around a similar idea with fastest flag capture times in ktx.

I think it could be done fairly easily. Basically there would be a simple data file on the server side which logged the high scores. If that file exists ktx would read it in each time the server restarts. At the end of each level the file would be updated if any high score changed. Players could then print out the high scores for the current level with some /highscores or /fastestcaps command similar to /lastscores. Perhaps /highscores [level] would print the high scores for that level and a null param would assume current level.

My inspiration for a high score list actually comes from Q2CTF where you see the all-time-highscores for individual players on the specific map after the end of a game.
  8 posts on 1 page  1