User panel stuff on forum
  5 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2007-09-13, 19:18
14 posts

Apr 2006
Ok, I've finally come to download nQuake and now I've got everything installed... When I first loaded it without any cfg or anything, I could update the server-browser...

Now, when I've made exec (I got a cfg from xantom) eta-beta.cfg with my changes and started ezquake from my shortcut...: When I enter the servrer browser now, I CANNOT USE SPACE TO UPDATE SERVERBROWSER??? nothing works. I can't even write ":" instead of ";" using the swedish "ö"-key like I used to... Somehow I've got new settings to the keyboard... It's more windows style.

Why can't I use space to update serverbrowser and get the servers? If I exec the config.cfg it works, but when I exec eta-beta.cfg it wont work. Instead I can fly around with my mouse. But that wont help me much :\\\\...

Would appreciate some help before I go back to mqwcl for the second time after the same problem...

Neither can I use shift (as I said...).

/Over and out

(tried to read FAQ SB, but it didn't help me much)
2007-09-13, 19:59
135 posts

Jan 2006
I got the same sometimes, it started with beta 1.8 I think (linux), sometimes it just stucks and I have to restart ezq or feel the pain. Dunno what causes it. I even reported it someday:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1718186&group_id=117445&atid=678559
2007-09-13, 20:24
229 posts

Aug 2007
/keymap_load uk
TEAM QUAD [need nothing]
shaga loses another friend
shaga discovers blast radius

QUAD
2007-09-13, 23:14
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Have you marked some valid server source?
2007-09-14, 10:10
14 posts

Apr 2006
Hi everyone. Tnx for all the suggestions. Gor told me to remove everything with "sb_" in the cfg I got from Xantom. I found one with "sb_source-somethiing", and I think I solved the problem by removing that line...

Xantom had also the s_khz-settings set to 44 in his cfg. Don't know if that was the only problem, because I got "new" and upgraded sounds from gor as well!

I think it works just fine now, and from now on I'll try to get the feeling of ezquake into my hands... And the new cfg-settings of course :]]]. Maybe Ezquake will finally become a part of me, just like mqwcl (RIP :\\\) was before that...

Tnx again,

Eta-bETa

Ps. Sorry for the frustration in my first post. I just didn't want to give up ezq one more time :>... Ds.
  5 posts on 1 page  1