User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2007-07-17, 00:01
12 posts

Dec 2006
As you may have heard, Quakecon is running a tournament this year that uses QW, Q2, Q3, and Q4 as the dueling platforms. The tournament organizers just released what server configs they will be using and asked for input. I only know a little beyond the basics, so I wasn't able to tell if anything important was incorrect. The thread for the configs is at http://quakecon.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8561. If anyone can spot something that is obviously wrong, please tell them.

*note: they said that deathmatch will be set to 3, not 1, so don't bother telling them about that. Also, they may be picky on the timelimit since the other games use timelimit 15, but it probably won't be a big deal.

Thanks much in advance!
2007-07-17, 00:10
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Just set the servers up by following http://ktx.quakeworld.nu/ instructions. Those are the basic settings all of the servers should use (some minor changes can be made to enable the latest additions of course) whereever mvdsv+ktx is run. Remember to get latest MVDSV and KTX from their CVSes.
Servers: Troopers
2007-07-17, 06:48
569 posts

Feb 2006
would be stupid to run latest version in a 20000000$$$$ tournament. In these cases software that is tested some time is needed. We wouldnt want qw to feature the next blue-bug. i think it was in 2006 a teammate of mine got a -6 start on dm3 cause server tried to spawn him on same spot 6 times in 1second. Might have been bad spawnmode or so. Anyways use tested stuff.

Should use configs that have been used and tested as well. Ask sassa for jollen cfgs.
2007-07-17, 07:09
1101 posts

Jan 2006
Willgurht wrote:
Ask sassa for jollen cfgs.

Guess who is administrating Jollen. One post before yours. I *guess* Jollen runs with the latest cvs versions, yes.
2007-07-17, 18:34
355 posts

Jun 2006
KovaaK isn't asking for a server config. He is asking for you guys to look over that server config and see if there are any problems. If so, point them out.

Again, we don't want or care about the latest versions since we're just trying to make sure this tournament runs somewhat smoothly. QuakeCon tournament directors already have the versions of mvdsv and ktx that they'll be using. They just need to finalize the server config.
2007-07-18, 18:20
950 posts

Apr 2006
Just had quite a good look at it, seems good to me
  6 posts on 1 page  1