Index  ‹  Ownage  ‹  Interview: Lbn
  10 posts on 1 page  1
Ownage
2007-03-05, 23:49
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
http://roz.bookieroz.com/temp/lbn.jpg

Hi and welcome to Quakeworld.nu, can you tell a bit about yourself outside the world of QW?

Hi everyone, My name is Mateusz, I'm 20 years old and I live in Cracow, Poland.
Outside the world of qw I'm studying on Cracow University of Technology and on my spare time i like to party, play tennis, fast cars and things like that

How did you start playing qw?

My first contact with quake was when qwcl was first published. I played only in cafe internet with my friends on Reset FFA Server where we had a lot of fun
Everything was scary and we didnt know what was going on
Then I have break from any quake until I saw Quake 3 Demo Test.
After that I was playing it every day but only offline because I had a crappy 36k modem with pings like 500 ms
Everything starter when I get good connection and started to play Promode for q3.
I was playing all days on Cpm1a and it was great but after year 1 or 2 Promode team made Challenge Promode (cpma) which wasn't so hardcore like Promode. I had enough it and I wanted to change game.
I knew that Qw was the inspiration for Promode which I liked so much.
After 2 days I had dled quake1, installed mqwcl and start playing QW
Luckily In first or second day of my qw carrier I have met Azzazelo (thx man) who helped me with my cfg and many other things.
I remember very well how hard it was to win the first match - The year was 2002.

Your in the semifinals of ownage1 and have beaten players like fix/rock/insane, were u expecting that?

My goal was to win vs fix. I remember in Duelmania (don't remember which one) when I won every game but I had to give fix WO because I was going on holidays.
Just before that game I had lost vs fix in the aero tournament (Maybe somebody will make one soon? :> only by 2 frags. Goal reached
I have to say that i didn't expect to be so far but on other hand I have played lots of games vs top players (those who sometimes agree to play on different ping than 13) with really good results and it has helped me a lot. I also like to play as underdog.

How does it feel to be #1 in poland, or does avenger beat you?

Unfortunately Avenger is still #1. I can give him hard fight on Aero Dm2 and Ztn which sometimes ends with victory but that's all
I hope to someday play vs Ave in an official game and then We shall see

Who was the hardest opponent, fix rock or insane, and why?

Rock - I saw his game vs locust on aerowalk and it was good. I also know that every LA player know how to play dm2 in 1v1. (practise vs dag?)
He is very solid player but he isnt a lg master or something like that but he know what to do. Sad that he is out of tournament now.

Next one was Insane who was in everybody opinion (and mine) #2 in Poland (after ave) but only because we didnt play any duel for 3,5 year. I didn't know what to expect.
This game was very important to me because it was on my own playground vs a player who didn't want to play vs me. In this situation he had to.

Fix didn't play seriously imo. He is a happy player

Who do you think can stop you in ownage?

I think Gamer, He is best player in this tournament.

What will your kurwa tactics be vs gamer in the semis, how will you stop the beast from Finland?

I will take ztn and rj to platform over ya room Honestly I wont say anything - You will see on Monday @ 22.30 cet.

What map is your weakest and why?

DM6 as everybody knows. In Poland it's very rare to see good players play dm6
For me it's boring and I hate maps with that limited rockets. I feel safe only when i have 20 rockets in my pack

What do you think about the polish qw scene?

Polish qw scece is really funny - we have a lot of spectators or smokers but there is problems with players
Mixed 4on4 in 80% ends in 7 mins because somebody drops ect. We have our forum @ forum.quakeworld.pl which is great for new players.
In May, there will be a LAN party organize by my clan - PHC so if u want come and visit us - do it! :>

What do you think of the treatment that the "kurwa" players get in QW, is it fair, or do you wanna fuck them up by shutting down all Scandinavian servers?

I don't think that shutting down any SV is a good idea. Fair game is when everything is equal - ping fps clients then u can see real skill of players.
That rule in ownage about your home ping is sick to me.
That's all i can say about ping-whine.

Insane said in an interview 1 month ago that the rising star in 1on1 is Locust, is it a good payback to have beaten him?

As I said before I had my own problems with Insane and winning by 2-0 with him was a big pleasure.

Give me your top5 in 1on1.pl and 1on1.europe

Poland:

1. Avenger
2. Insane
3. Tom
4. Slabi
5. Budziorre!

EU:

1. Dag
2. Griffin
3. Reppie
4. Razor
5. Gamer

Thnx for the interview shoutouts???

No problem Shoutout to all my friends from real word, my girl Asia ( <3 )
The whole PHC (reptille,budzior,barrel,styvny and the rest) and of course all my quake friends all over the world, especially from Poland Cu!

Ps. Sorry for me english.
2007-03-06, 00:10
705 posts

Feb 2006
you use thoose shades for quaking?
2007-03-06, 00:30
News Writer
254 posts

Mar 2006
Good Interview Sassa, good luck Lbn in your next game
I ain't got no time for this jibber jabber fool
2007-03-06, 09:01
247 posts

Jan 2006
LesBiaN !! \o/ GL
2007-03-06, 10:45
News Writer
436 posts

Jan 2006
n1 interview, for myself its a pleasure seeing non swe quakers playing on a high level.
2007-03-06, 11:06
1754 posts

Jan 2006
PsychoHaloonsCrew ftw :>
2007-03-06, 11:33
198 posts

Oct 2006
Nice interview, lbn daubie nie wymieniles jw ani cos teges? :E kluczowy moment w karierze przeciez ))
2007-03-06, 16:49
66 posts

Feb 2006
well played so far kurwa black horse gl vs gamer
2007-03-07, 19:05
News Writer
646 posts

Mar 2006
holy shit nice pic

btw, http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant
2007-03-07, 21:42
1754 posts